Kerry v Mayo - Super 8s Round 1

Started by Mayo4Sam14, July 07, 2019, 10:23:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mayo4Sam14

Quote from: Captain Obvious on July 08, 2019, 11:26:03 PM
Quote from: Mayo4Sam14 on July 08, 2019, 10:12:42 PM
This has the feeling of knockout game for Mayo as far as I'm concerned

Gone be the days when the last eight games was knockout.  For what it worth Kerry didn't recovered from their round 1 defeat that year the same will likely happen to them if they lose this game.

I think Mayo have it in them to go all the way if they get over the line in Killarney. If not it becomes a whole lot more difficult. As far as I'm concerned, it is a knockout tie for Mayo at least.
You can forget about Sean Cavanagh as far as he's a man!

Captain Obvious

Quote from: Mayo4Sam14 on July 08, 2019, 11:38:50 PM
This has the feeling of knockout game for Mayo as far as I’m concerned

Gone be the days when the last eight games was knockout.  For what it worth Kerry didn't recovered from their round 1 defeat that year the same will likely happen to them if they lose this game.

I think Mayo have it in them to go all the way if they get over the line in Killarney. If not it becomes a whole lot more difficult. As far as I’m concerned, it is a knockout tie for Mayo at least.

Its a group stage and no knockout ties in round one.  Mayo recover better than most from a defeat.

GalwayBayBoy

This has the feeling of knockout game for Mayo as far as I'm concerned

I think Mayo have it in them to go all the way if they get over the line in Killarney. If not it becomes a whole lot more difficult. As far as I'm concerned, it is a knockout tie for Mayo at least.

Not knockout but if Mayo lose down in Kerry they will have to beat Donegal in the 3rd game to progess. I fancy Meath might lose all of their games.

Maroon Manc

I'm sure Kerry will be well up for this, they'll have heard all this week that they were bullied in the league final and nobody likes to hear that sort of talk.

larryin89

Quote from: Maroon Manc on July 09, 2019, 01:40:34 PM
I'm sure Kerry will be well up for this, they'll have heard all this week that they were bullied in the league final and nobody likes to hear that sort of talk.

Id tend to agree and I hope the man in black has a good game as I fancy Kerry to be over pumped for this , Kerry are getting away with cynical play since time began in GAA . A good strong refereeing performance needed , the off the ball hits teams get away with when they play Mayo is a joke all because of this notion that mayo are street smart I think they call it .

If it's a fair game Kerry by three to four if it's unfair like 2014 Kerry could win by a big margin .
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

rosnarun

This has the feeling of knockout game for Mayo as far as I’m concerned

I think Mayo have it in them to go all the way if they get over the line in Killarney. If not it becomes a whole lot more difficult. As far as I’m concerned, it is a knockout tie for Mayo at least.
why apart from the final defeat Donegal have never been much problem for mayo  esp at home. Aido will look after murphy like he did coming on was it 2? years ago. and if were serious at all we should beat meath in croke park  so id see this as a free shot for mayo. but im sure they ll go hell for leather to win it
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

Mayo4Sam14

As far as I'm concerned Mayo need to win all three

WhoDat

Even if Mayo lose at the weekend, they'll beat Donegal if they absolutely have to. Mayo play better in do or die situations and if they have to get one over Donegal, they will.

whitey

Mayo should go balls to the wall to win on the weekend.

bucko

Away in Philadelphia this weekend with work. By any small chance does anyone here know of anywhere in downtown Philly that might be showing the game??? ???

Angelo

Mayo are all up in Kerry's heads and I think the pressure is all on Kerry this weekend.

I expect Mayo to win, I just think they are all wrong for Kerry style wise.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

Ball Hopper

Pressure all on Kerry...lose to Mayo and they will find it very hard to recover for Donegal in Croke Park the following Sunday.

Even if Mayo lose, they should have enough to get over Meath the following week, which will allow them a week's rest before a cracker v Donegal in Castlebar.  All bar Meath could have two wins each at the end of it all.

The Killarney game is huge for both teams.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Mayo4Sam14 on July 09, 2019, 03:48:40 PM

All five would be nice
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Mayo4Sam14

Quote from: Farrandeelin on July 09, 2019, 06:31:50 PM
Quote from: Mayo4Sam14 on July 09, 2019, 03:48:40 PM

All five would be nice

The first three wins will pave the way for two more wins im sure

larryin89

Aidan o Mahoney reckons if the Kerry forwards clique they will go to town on Mayo , he also goes on to say "Kerry won't be bullied , mark my words". Has a bit of a pop at James Horan in a roundabout way saying how dare he say mayo could of won league final by ten points "

So it's Bow to the kingdom little old mayo
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .