China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dublin7

Interesting story for those who don't want to get the vaccine. While it doesn't apply to covid it shows there is a precedent there if some countries want to make covid vaccinations mandatory. Personally I don't think pubs/restaurants etc should require covid passports, but if' you're travelling abroad it should be mandatory due to the different mutations.   

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-56669397

Armagh18

Quote from: dublin7 on April 08, 2021, 12:59:09 PM
Interesting story for those who don't want to get the vaccine. While it doesn't apply to covid it shows there is a precedent there if some countries want to make covid vaccinations mandatory. Personally I don't think pubs/restaurants etc should require covid passports, but if' you're travelling abroad it should be mandatory due to the different mutations.   

Yeah there's probably an argument for vaccine passports to go on holidays, but domestically it is a ridiculous idea.

Angelo

Quote from: screenexile on April 08, 2021, 12:19:08 PM
Quote from: Angelo on April 07, 2021, 11:40:00 PM
Quote from: RadioGAAGAA on April 07, 2021, 11:16:03 PM
Quote from: Taylor on April 07, 2021, 04:41:33 PM
There is lots of debate about domestic vaccine passports & the rights and wrongs of it.

I can see how some people say it will infringe on their rights and being able to live a normalish life and thats a fair point which will be heavily scrutinised.

Nah, they can fuk off with their rights.

The sensible have a right not to be in danger of infection from mutated variants that developed in unvaccinated idiots.

So people should not have the right to choose whether or not to take something that has been shown to cause blood clotting?

This is why zealots are dangerous.

People can choose to do what they like but to say that everyone else has to be OK with it is wrong!

Don't get vaccinated fair enough but don't expect to be getting on a plane/eating in a restaurant/drinking in a bar if you're likely to infect and kill people!

Hysteria and coercion.

The bolded bit is not the contribution of a normal person.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

JoG2

Quote from: Armagh18 on April 08, 2021, 01:01:27 PM

Yeah there's probably an argument for vaccine passports to go on holidays, but domestically it is a ridiculous idea.

Vaccine passport for travel will happen, there's no argument for it not to. Pubs, restaurants etc will follow guidelines. Can't see a pub vaccine coming in. That's the rhetoric of the deranged, and very vocal minority ring wing, anti-vaxx etc. Yet they'll shout down the vast majority of folk who trust in the science and just want to do their bit to get things back to normal, calling them zealots, fascists etc. A more transparent playbook you'll not see.
Science they told us repeatedly has failed us. Science then plays a blinder and they're scrapping around the Internet for anything to support their warped logic. 2 of the GP Anne McCloskeys supporters, I seen them queued for their vaccines ffs!
Hard to admit you've been wrong when you've talking out your hole for 13 months.

Angelo

Quote from: JoG2 on April 08, 2021, 01:55:09 PM

Vaccine passport for travel will happen, there's no argument for it not to. Pubs, restaurants etc will follow guidelines. Can't see a pub vaccine coming in. That's the rhetoric of the deranged, and very vocal minority ring wing, anti-vaxx etc. Yet they'll shout down the vast majority of folk who trust in the science and just want to do their bit to get things back to normal, calling them zealots, fascists etc. A more transparent playbook you'll not see.
Science they told us repeatedly has failed us. Science then plays a blinder and they're scrapping around the Internet for anything to support their warped logic. 2 of the GP Anne McCloskeys supporters, I seen them queued for their vaccines ffs!
Hard to admit you've been wrong when you've talking out your hole for 13 months.

See you're an extremist. You every bit as bad as anti-vaxxers.

There are deaths associated with vaccines, the AZ vaccine has been paused in many countries and have been limited in many countries. It's now been acknowledged that the AZ vaccine causes blood clotting, it is listed as a side effect and decisions are being made to not use it on people who are in age categories that are not at risk of Covid.

People do have grounds to be concerned about the vaccine and should have freedom of choice whether they want to take it without risk of being punished or coerced into it to access society.

This real whiff of right ring zealotry off your posts and you're actually the one going around misrepresenting the views of others and attaching labels at them because of the facts that are out there.

People will have their doubts but time and there is good reason why they might have. Zealots like you who want to coerce and shame people into getting the vaccine will only do harm to winning those with doubts around.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

Evil Genius

(Pre-pandemic, but still)

"The European Court of Human Rights (ECHR) has backed the Czech Republic in its requirement for mandatory pre-school vaccinations.

The case was brought by families who were fined or whose children were refused entry to pre-schools because they had not been vaccinated.

In a landmark ruling, the court found that while the Czech policy interfered with the right to a private life, there was a need to protect public health.

All the cases pre-date the pandemic."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-56669397

Meanwhile:
"Covid deaths in England and Wales down 92% since peak"
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-56672556

There can be little doubt that Vaccination is by far the biggest factor behind the above.
"If you come in here again, you'd better bring guns"
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

GetOverTheBar

I'm going to get my vaccination. I've no problem saying I hope others my age get it (20-29).

But I have a serious issue with domestic vaccine passports.

When people are vaccinated and we are told via leaks 80% is the magic number, which we will get to....What difference does it make who in the pub hasn't the vaccine when you have?

The vaccine clearly shows it helps reduce spread, it stops, I believe 100% of serious illness regarding Covid 19 (open to correction). Fantastic news, great to hear this kinda stuff. It's what we needed. Covid 19 is going to very soon, have nowhere to go, no weak to attack, no prey to pick.

We have been locked down long enough. Things god bless are getting better. But I fail to understand why there is this now insane demand for passports and rules and regulations. Christ, have we not had enough rules this last year? The vaccine is being consumed by basically all, we do not need these coercion tactics to enforce uptake.

The way to get people to take the vaccinations is via eductation, not their exclusion from society.

Some people are losing the run of themselves here to be honest.

Armagh18

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on April 08, 2021, 02:20:12 PM

I'm going to get my vaccination. I've no problem saying I hope others my age get it (20-29).

When people are vaccinated and we are told via leaks 80% is the magic number, which we will get to....What difference does it make who in the pub hasn't the vaccine when you have?

The vaccine clearly shows it helps reduce spread, it stops, I believe 100% of serious illness regarding Covid 19 (open to correction). Fantastic news, great to hear this kinda stuff. It's what we needed. Covid 19 is going to very soon, have nowhere to go, no weak to attack, no prey to pick.

We have been locked down long enough. Things god bless are getting better. But I fail to understand why there is this now insane demand for passports and rules and regulations. Christ, have we not had enough rules this last year? The vaccine is being consumed by basically all, we do not need these coercion tactics to enforce uptake.

The way to get people to take the vaccinations is via eductation, not their exclusion from society.

Excellent post. Agree 100%

JoG2

Nobody will disagree we've been locked down too long, but it was a necessity. Is there an insane clamour for domestic passports and more rules and regulations? I can understand folk getting jittery as the end is in sight. Surely even travel vaccine passports will be consigned to the history books when Covid has been sorted?

BennyCake

This is no longer about a virus.

GetOverTheBar

It's just not the same coming into this thread and not seeing a mad back and forth 3 more pages from the last time you read it :(

Rossfan

Thank God and Mods for small mercies ;D
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

trailer

Same arguments were made about Seatbelts, Gun control, Smoking Ban, Drink Driving. People love a bit of government intervention in the shape of pounds, shillings and pence but when it about trying to stop the spread of a deadly disease then that's a step too far.

Smurfy123

What about Texas Covid??
Fauci can't quite explain it
Open this 5 weeks fully
No masks no social distance
Full house at a baseball match
Cases plummeted??
Even the great Milly won't be able to explain that one

Stop testing please

lenny

Quote from: Smurfy123 on April 09, 2021, 05:53:44 PM
What about Texas Covid??
Fauci can't quite explain it
Open this 5 weeks fully
No masks no social distance
Full house at a baseball match
Cases plummeted??
Even the great Milly won't be able to explain that one

Stop testing please

There have been lots of places people thought were anomalies like India and Sweden. Over time their numbers have gone through the roof just the same as most other places. Outdoor transmission is way, way lower than indoors so Texas has a natural advantage being hot giving people the opportunity to socialise outdoors. The USA has done really well with the vaccines so that helps also. Having said that if some of the more easily spread variants take hold the numbers in Texas will quickly rise also.