Android Boxes

Started by snoopdog, July 30, 2015, 09:49:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

screenexile

Quote from: general on April 04, 2019, 04:27:40 PM
Also - internet providers have been blocking the live sports more and more - anyone running on iptv needs a vpn or you will be very P*SSed off when your footie stops 5 secs into the game

Have a mate who's struggling with it but I'm with Vodafone and all seems to be OK at the minute.

macdanger2

I have an IPTV sub (viewed on a non-HD, non-smart TV via an android box) and it's decent enough but when I view HD channels, it's pretty poor - some buffering and a lag between picture and sound. Some channels (e.g. Sky Atlantic) don't have a non-HD option so I don't have a choice

Is this purely down to my internet connection? Or could it be hardware related? Is there any settings I can change on my android box to fix it?

tyrone08

Quote from: general on April 09, 2019, 08:59:51 AM
Quote from: bigfrank on April 08, 2019, 07:27:56 PM
Looking to get in contact with a provider someone here can vouch for,have a Sony android tv so couid download what ever app is needed or buy an amazon stick from Argos or somewhere if that's the way forward,does either or affect the quality/strength of stream?? Pm or whatever is welcome

PM  ;D
Fire me a pm too

Boycey

Quote from: macdanger2 on April 09, 2019, 08:02:14 PM
I have an IPTV sub (viewed on a non-HD, non-smart TV via an android box) and it's decent enough but when I view HD channels, it's pretty poor - some buffering and a lag between picture and sound. Some channels (e.g. Sky Atlantic) don't have a non-HD option so I don't have a choice

Is this purely down to my internet connection? Or could it be hardware related? Is there any settings I can change on my android box to fix it?

Do you know your internet speed? It's the most obvious thing to check first. Is it a wired connection or wifi?

banker

Quote from: general on April 04, 2019, 04:26:12 PM
The IPTV Provider I use has made his own custom VPN @£30 for the year  ;D

Highly recommended.

Whoever has said that IPTV isnt needed for firesticks - if you want to watch any form of quality LIVE sport or Live TV then IPTV will be required

Can you PM me the details please as I need a new VPN subscription

macdanger2

Quote from: Boycey on April 09, 2019, 10:05:37 PM

Do you know your internet speed? It's the most obvious thing to check first. Is it a wired connection or wifi?

Just tested it there now and it's ~40MB on a wired connection which is what the TV is on. Should that be enough?

I think I resolved it last night anyway - there was an option in the IPTV app to use a different player so I downloaded MK Players and it's running fine since

general

40mb/s is plenty.

Regarding audo player on iptv if you use auto it will change itself to the most reliable source.

Jim Bob

I can find a film on the Yoda add on on my Firebox but my friend can't find it on her Yoda add on on her firestick

Must be a setting somewhere needs changed on the stick. Anyone recognise this problem ?

Square Ball

I have a Freesat box but would like RTE, if I got a soarview box would it work with that Freesat dish
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Dougal Maguire

If you try doing a cache clear on your apps that might help. There's instructions on the Internet
Careful now

Itchy

Quote from: Dougal Maguire on July 24, 2019, 02:35:01 PM

If you try doing a cache clear on your apps that might help. There's instructions on the Internet

Go to speed test.net and run a test, post up what you get for download, upload, ping and jitter. Make sure you have nothing streaming or downloading when running the test

Main Street

i've now put aside my clumsy Kodi Android  box and graduated to using a midget Mag Box, a MAG349 and it's just brilliant, easy navigation through the menus, the remote control is precise and does everything, the MAG is rock solid  after installing the software update. I now subscribe to cosmikiptv, also excellent but only for non uk residents, GAAGo, and everything else along with a 2 week planner.
It stuttered this evening for 20 minutes on Celtic tv  but that's a rare happening.

Ball Hopper

Quote from: Main Street on July 24, 2019, 11:25:30 PM
i've now put aside my clumsy Kodi Android  box and graduated to using a midget Mag Box, a MAG349 and it's just brilliant, easy navigation through the menus, the remote control is precise and does everything, the MAG is rock solid  after installing the software update. I now subscribe to cosmikiptv, also excellent but only for non uk residents, GAAGo, and everything else along with a 2 week planner.
It stuttered this evening for 20 minutes on Celtic tv  but that's a rare happening.

By non-UK are you saying this lets you get GAAGO in the ROI 26 counties?

And Celtic stuttering for 20 mins is hardly a rarity!!!

Main Street

Quote from: Ball Hopper on July 24, 2019, 11:49:52 PM
Quote from: Main Street on July 24, 2019, 11:25:30 PM

By non-UK are you saying this lets you get GAAGO in the ROI 26 counties?

And Celtic stuttering for 20 mins is hardly a rarity!!!
I am not resident in Ireland so I can't confirm that it's possible to get GAAGo on this sub without a vpn.
But
as a non 'British Isles' resident I can get GAAGo on this cosmik iptv sub, but where I live, the internet providers generally don't give a fiddler's fart what you subscribe to, therefore I don't have to hide behind a vpn. 

Taylor

If I bought a MAG 254 Linux IPTV/OTT box what are the next steps to being able to stream all of the channels?