Ulster Final: Tyrone v Down 16/07/17 14.00 Clones

Started by omagh_gael, June 22, 2017, 10:12:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

snoopdog

Us Down boys are only going for the big day out. Sure We couldn't be beating Tyrone. A team that have been on the road for a few years and believe they are all ireland contenders. If we just stay close we will be happy.

OgraAnDun

Quote from: snoopdog on July 10, 2017, 10:53:01 PM
Us Down boys are only going for the big day out. Sure We couldn't be beating Tyrone. A team that have been on the road for a few years and believe they are all ireland contenders. If we just stay close we will be happy.

+1

And hope Tipp beat Armagh in the qualifiers so we don't have to play them again.

SHEEDY

Quote from: snoopdog on July 10, 2017, 10:53:01 PM
exactly!! We can't believe we are even in the final, just being there is an achievement. We'll have a day out and see what happens, hopefully we can stay keep it tight for a while but that wont be easy against one of the top teams in the country.
nil satis nisi optimum

omaghjoe

This attempted cute hoorism is laughable, one can sense the eager and gleeful c**k-surety simmering behind these posts 

I will be happy for it all to be crushed and trampled into the Clones muck!

rrhf

Tyrone need to be very careful here. From what I'm hearing from Down they have no pressure on them and are brimming full of confidence. They showed against Monaghan how aggressive they can be and that was something was missing from their game. Don't rule out the draw in a cracker.

under the bar

Quote from: rrhf on July 11, 2017, 12:37:14 AM
Tyrone need to be very careful here. From what I'm hearing from Down they have no pressure on them and are brimming full of confidence. They showed against Monaghan how aggressive they can be and that was something was missing from their game. Don't rule out the draw in a cracker.

And don't rule out the cracker in the draw.

ose 14

word is that big colm will play but again this is a risk as his game is all about mobility. he was shocking in last years all ireland quarter final after not having trained for 2 weeks previous so i dont expect much difference this time. harte will still play him though as tyrones defensive structure depends on him. would like to see mcclure play for experience alone. down will bring loads of aggression and pace to this game and i think they will set up like donegal 2016 and hit tyrone on the break. tyrone may not have the kicking day they had the last day and therefore i make this a 2 point game either way with tyrone favs for the win. but this will be close.

Aaron Boone

Down's physicality and aggression will likely win the day. And that style of football could beat anyone, maybe it's the new template all other counties will want to replicate.

Taylor

Quote from: hardstation on July 10, 2017, 10:23:03 PM
Tyrone would want to be beating that Down team at a light gallop, if they've any serious ambitions at all this year.
If they don't win this, Harte is smoked, and rightly so.

While I wouldnt like to see MH go I have to agree with you here.

We are 3rd favourites for the AI and rightly so. Down are 50/1.

Down can come with all the cute hoorism they want - we should be beating this team comfortably

Dire Ear

Quote from: southtyronegael on July 10, 2017, 10:16:47 PM
saved for what? a round 4 qualifier? cause thats where we will be if we dont put our best team out and play to our potential.
Saved from making an injury worse, I don't under estimate anyone.  Just think that Tyrone are better than Down

OgraAnDun

Quote from: omaghjoe on July 11, 2017, 12:18:44 AM
This attempted cute hoorism is laughable, one can sense the eager and gleeful c**k-surety simmering behind these posts 

Down fans started the year without a win in 2 years and back to back defeats to Fermanagh and Clare. The aim was to stay up and beat Armagh. Anything else is now a bonus and we're just hoping for a sunny day and a good match for a nice day out.

ONeill

It'll be over at half time.

Tyrone 2-22
Down 0-7
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Taylor

Quote from: OgraAnDun on July 11, 2017, 09:22:59 AM
Quote from: omaghjoe on July 11, 2017, 12:18:44 AM

Down fans started the year without a win in 2 years and back to back defeats to Fermanagh and Clare. The aim was to stay up and beat Armagh. Anything else is now a bonus and we're just hoping for a sunny day and a good match for a nice day out.

Thats good - I wouldnt want you to be disappointed

Paulmccloskey

hi is there any spaces left on bus to clones looking two seat one for me and one for my son thanks