Car insurance

Started by corn02, March 25, 2009, 10:08:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

corn02

Who are the best, cheapest to deal with?

mylestheslasher

maggie

i always thought quinndirect were good.

Treasurer

A good broker will find you the best deal. 

stiffler

GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

Mhic Easmuint

My insurance was up today.  Renewed last week. 
Filled in alot of them comparison websites but wasn;t getting anything great back.
Then got an online quote at: http://www.hughesinsurance.co.uk/
Which was dear but 2 minutes after I filled it in, a girl from the company phoned me and got me a price £250 cheaper than the online quote. 
The company I was with then after a bit of thought agreeed to match it.  Open & Direct.  The Policy is with Axa.

Treasurer

I was with Axa for years, found them a bit pricey but had a kind of false sense of loyalty and stayed with them, but had a bit of a disagreement wtih them last year so went lookign elsewhere.  They had quoted me 602 euro to renew my policy (including extras, i think the bare minimum was 520 or thereabouts).  The strange thing was the broker could give me the EXACT policy with AXA for 470!  Ended up going with HSBC for 270!

el_cuervo_fc

Check the comparison sites, they'll give you a broad range of insurers

www.confused.com

www.GoCompare.com

www.moneysupermarket.com/car_insurance

You could also try Caulfield - www.caulfieldinsurance.com

full back

Quote from: Take Your Points on March 25, 2009, 11:43:43 PM
Go to Post Office and they provide AXA cheaper than AXA!

What he said

Got a policy from the Post Office provided by AXA for £170 cheaper than what AXA quoted me for my renewal

Hardy

ALWAYS haggle. The haggle factor is built into the first quote they give you. Be as outrageous as you like. I've known quotes to be reduced by as much as a third by telling them "I was quoted <your quote minus €150 or whatever> by AXA ...". You've nothing to lose. You can always go back and take the quote anyway.

thebigfella

Open & Direct are bad at haggling  ;). I basically told them the last couple of years what I was prepared to pay and they agreed. Up for renewal next month, might see if they'll pay me to take their insurance this time  ;D

illdecide

Hughes or Abbey are usually 2 of the cheapest for me...
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

We went with Hughes this year, cheapest by far, telephone operater really nice and easy to deal with and was Irish!
Tbc....

redboots

www.clickci.co.uk give them a ring very good 02886766999
Red Boots

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: el_cuervo_fc on March 26, 2009, 07:41:37 AM
Check the comparison sites, they'll give you a broad range of insurers

www.confused.com

www.GoCompare.com

www.moneysupermarket.com/car_insurance

You could also try Caulfield - www.caulfieldinsurance.com

Tried these sites before, load of crap, you spend ages putting in your info then they get back to you later with no better info then you could have gotten off the net yourself, or they then want to ring you!!
Tbc....