Football qualifier route 2019

Started by Blowitupref, May 22, 2019, 01:45:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Obvious

Farrandeelin

Quote from: macdanger2 on June 24, 2019, 08:57:45 AM
Tough draw for us, Armagh are improving while we look to be waning. They'll fancy their chances of taking down a "big" team here I'd say.

Have we ever played in championship before?

1950 semi final.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

galwayman

Very interesting game in Castlebar.
Think I will take a spin down to it.
Could be a cracker

naka

Quote from: macdanger2 on June 24, 2019, 08:57:45 AM
Tough draw for us, Armagh are improving while we look to be waning. They'll fancy their chances of taking down a "big" team here I'd say.

armagh have more than a punchers chance, we played well last week and Mayo will play a style that suits us.
dont be surprised if we pull off a shock.
although we need Murnin and Grimley fit

Schkite

I'd give Armagh every chance in that game, they're looking better every time I see them

highorlow

QuoteTough draw for us, Armagh are improving while we look to be waning. They'll fancy their chances of taking down a "big" team here I'd say.

1950 semi final.

We all know what happened after that.
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

macdanger2

Quote from: highorlow on June 24, 2019, 09:33:18 AM
QuoteTough draw for us, Armagh are improving while we look to be waning. They'll fancy their chances of taking down a "big" team here I'd say.

1950 semi final.

It's ON!!!

rosnarun

Quote from: macdanger2 on June 24, 2019, 09:39:04 AM

1950 semi final.

It's ON!!!
its a sifn its a sign .
though im nearly sure we played in a 1/4 final or some thing since then . I rember armagh giving mayo a good beating on ther day . it was in croker maybe a league Semi?
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: Hound on June 21, 2019, 10:04:34 PM
Westmeath lads, has Jack Smith got a run at all? Was a very good half back at underage for the Dubs, but never got a look in at senior.

The Derry lad on the Wooly podcast said (when talking about Kerry letting Cox go very easily to Rossies) that he knew Jim Gavin made a call to a player who was asked to join another county, to say he's still on the radar, and hold off for another year. Given the Derry lad plays for Skerries Harps, i'd guess he was talking about Jack's brother Stephen, who's an absolute topper of a corner forward. Admittedly small, but very quick, can take a bang, and great scorer.

There's another younger brother coming too, and I believe he'd be well worth keeping an eye on.

Played corner back Saturday. Played a couple of games in the league at wing forward. Hasn't really improved the team but hasn't disgraced himself either. Probably a little light for this level.

Not a great performance from us Saturday, we've gone back to playing within ourselves. Match should have been killed when Halligan got his goal at half time but Limerick were allowed waltz through us a few times. Need to bring a lot more intensity the next day against Clare. Draw was kind again but would have preferred the Biffos, least we're at home although a trip to Ennis would have been good craic. Need Heslin and Duncan fit to start.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

keeperlit

Quote from: rosnarun on June 24, 2019, 09:43:34 AM

1950 semi final.

It's ON!!!
its a sifn its a sign .
though im nearly sure we played in a 1/4 final or some thing since then . I rember armagh giving mayo a good beating on ther day . it was in croker maybe a league Semi?

League semi final 2004 I think.

BennyCake

1950 semi final.

They filmed The Quiet Man?

Captain Obvious

Have Mayo ever lost a qualifier game at home?

stephenite

Quote from: keeperlit on June 24, 2019, 09:50:01 AM
Quote from: rosnarun on June 24, 2019, 09:43:34 AM

1950 semi final.

It's ON!!!
its a sifn its a sign .

League semi final 2004 I think.

Yeah, Paul McGrane kicked Ronan McGarrity in the head as he was lying on the ground

Itchy

Does anyone know if Armagh beat Mayo, is it possible for them to play Cavan or is that fixture not permitted?

Rossfan

Round 4 rules mention avoiding Provincial repeats "where feasible "
So Galway and Cork can play any Qualifier
Meath can't play Laois
Cavan can't play Armagh
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM