Android Boxes

Started by snoopdog, July 30, 2015, 09:49:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boycey

Yeah mines down might have to go for a pint ;D

gerrykeegan

Working perfectly. Did you do the update?
2007  2008 & 2009 Fantasy Golf Winner
(A legitimately held title unlike Dinny's)

laoislad

Quote from: gerrykeegan on January 31, 2017, 08:17:08 PM
Working perfectly. Did you do the update?
Do you mean on kodi? Didn't know I had to.  Though I do have it set to auto updates so I presume it did.
Can't log in on kodi or matrix apps or on laptop. Matrix app telling me it can't download channels
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

gerrykeegan

The sportsmania lad on Facebook asked people to update their SM version. It's working perfectly for me. Watching the Liverpool game. I did the update in kodi
2007  2008 & 2009 Fantasy Golf Winner
(A legitimately held title unlike Dinny's)

laoislad

Quote from: gerrykeegan on January 31, 2017, 08:51:13 PM
The sportsmania lad on Facebook asked people to update their SM version. It's working perfectly for me. Watching the Liverpool game. I did the update in kodi
Have it working now... I needed to renew my subscription  ;D

AZOffaly

Lads, technical question here. One of the lads in work explained IPTV to me, and I can't believe I didn't know about it already. He uses RapidIPTV and he gave me his account to take a look. I think it costs €90 p.a. I configured it with Simple IPTV client on my Kodi box, put in the URL etc, and all looks good. I'm able to watch US TV Channels, HBO, Showtime, NFL Network etc etc. I have the Kodi box plugged into ethernet, so performance all looks good.

However, there are a couple of issues that I wonder can I solve? You Tube/Google hasn't given me the answers so far..

1 - Too many Channels. The EPG is almost unusable, as there are thousands (5,000) channels, and my box is really struggling to handle it. I have a cheap android box, but I'm not planning on replacing it, so I was just wondering is there any way you can just filter the list of channels that appear on the EPG?

2 - Again, related to the amount of channels. Every time Kodi starts, it beings loading guide information for ALL these channels, which takes about 20 minutes. Now the box is usable when that is going on, but if I try watch live TV, it does seem to freeze the box, and restarted Kodi a couple of times. (Which restarted the fecking process of downloading the guides again!!). Can I limit the guide download to only the channels I want?

Cheers lads.

Boycey

I'd imagine the answer is with RapidIPTV, if they are worth their salt they'll have a user forum or Facebook group with tutorials? I only use free IPTV stuff for movies and series, Sportsmania still covers all my sports needs but my mate has an iptv sub in his pub and I regularly see him fighting with the EPG to get what he's looking for..

AZOffaly

What's the free IPTV you use? From my brief exposure it seems that the m3us go out of date as quickly as they end up getting posted.

JPGJOHNNYG

Not signed up to sportsmania but can you use your login details on different boxes (not at the same time)

Boycey

Quote from: AZOffaly on February 02, 2017, 02:21:33 PM
What's the free IPTV you use? From my brief exposure it seems that the m3us go out of date as quickly as they end up getting posted.

I've a zGemma box for Sky, there is a built in IPTV player on it that I use. It is constantly updated and deletes dead links. I've never tried to add a IPTV subscription to box but I think you can.

AZOffaly

gallsman

Quote from: JPGJOHNNYG on February 02, 2017, 02:33:57 PM
Not signed up to sportsmania but can you use your login details on different boxes (not at the same time)

Yes, no problem at all.

I don't know how strictly they actually enforce the one amount usage at a time. The other night the girlfriend was using Sportsmania to watch something on channel 4 on our Fire TV and I was able to have Liverpool-Chelsea running on my phone.

AZOffaly

Does sportsmania have channels other than Sports channels???

laoislad

Quote from: AZOffaly on February 02, 2017, 03:34:24 PM
There is an entertainment section a few other channels but really the clue is in the name.. It's 95% sport links.

AZOffaly

Quote from: laoislad on February 02, 2017, 04:02:05 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on February 02, 2017, 03:34:24 PM
There is an entertainment section a few other channels but really the clue is in the name.. It's 95% sport links.

That's what I thought. I was surprised when Boycey mentioned Channel 4.