Android Boxes

Started by snoopdog, July 30, 2015, 09:49:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JohnDenver

Sportsmania actually have their own build on their repo which is decent. Needs Kodi 16.1 to run though.  Within the build there are place holders in the menus for the likes of Exodus, Phoenix, UK Turks - but these aren't installed originally.  If you click on say for example "Exodus" within the sportsmania build it will prompt an install and then does it automatically.

As Laoislad says, a lot of the builds clutter up your box / stick and the majority of addons you won't use.

AZOffaly

Can you actually delete an add on that you've added, or is already pre-installed?

gallsman

I'd stay away from any programs and just go with the direct installation of any add ons needed. Depending on the box you have, data and cache can fill up very quickly.

gallsman

Quote from: AZOffaly on September 16, 2016, 10:09:20 AM
Can you actually delete an add on that you've added, or is already pre-installed?

Yes, if you running stock kodi you can long press on the add on or go into the settings and "add on information" you van uninstall.

However, if it's a particular build, this option might not be included. As I said, I think best option is to clear all kodi data and install fresh from the play store.

laoislad

I would do exactly what gallsman is saying.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

AZOffaly

So basically uninstall ?Kodi completely, reinstall from Play store, and add only the addon repositories and addons I actually want?

bamboo

Have you a link to the item you bought AZ? Might jump on this bandwagon as Sky is getting too expensive and I only really use it for sport. Cheers

AZOffaly

I just bought a cheap one on Groupon. If it works out (and it looks like it will) I might get a better on (assuming such a thing exists) later on. Take a look on Groupon. It was 57 euro, 'down' from 177.

nrico2006

I use the beast build, have for a while.  Whats sportsmania?  I have started noticing a lot of my links on sportsdevil etc not working anymore too. 
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

gallsman

Quote from: nrico2006 on September 16, 2016, 11:01:50 AM
I use the beast build, have for a while.  Whats sportsmania?  I have started noticing a lot of my links on sportsdevil etc not working anymore too.

Custom builds are shite and completely unnecessary. Plenty of chat about sportsmania in this thread. Paid subscription to every sports channel on the planet basically. Everything you want in HD.

That's exactly what I mean AZ. Given you got it on Groupon, its capabilities are probably quite limited, so not risking overloading it is a good idea. If box is running android, sportsmania have an app you could install directly without using kodi.

The Gs Man

Sportsmania is a paid subscription add-on with access to all the sports channels you'll ever need around the world.

All 3pm kick-offs, box office, live sports etc etc.  You also get movies and boxsets or whatever.

It's cheap too.

Various options.... £12 for a month, £17 for 3 months, £27 for 6 months.  £50 for a year or whatever.

It's the only thing I ever use.
Keep 'er lit

laoislad

Quote from: gallsman on September 16, 2016, 11:16:32 AM
Quote from: nrico2006 on September 16, 2016, 11:01:50 AM

Custom builds are shite and completely unnecessary. Plenty of chat about sportsmania in this thread. Paid subscription to every sports channel on the planet basically. Everything you want in HD.

That's exactly what I mean AZ. Given you got it on Groupon, its capabilities are probably quite limited, so not risking overloading it is a good idea. If box is running android, sportsmania have an app you could install directly without using kodi.

I have the app for sportsmania and find it great. The one I use is one that was recommend on here by someone. Matrix TV Browser.
I only use Kodi for Exodus.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

FL/MAYO

I use the Nvidea Shield, its $200 but worth it, if you're going to go down the Kodi/IPTV route it would be advisable to get a decent box otherwise buffering etc will be an issue. Also I use Smash IPTV (paid subscription) through Perfect Player and get over 900 channels including all the Irish and British channels, it also has an EPG guide.  Does Sportsmania have other TV channels besides the sports channels?

gallsman

It does but it pulls them in from 3rd parties like filmon

Tony Baloney

Some of you hoors should just offer a service selling and configuring these boxes and save a lot of the pain.