Android Boxes

Started by snoopdog, July 30, 2015, 09:49:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gaffer

Never heard of any 'Gaffer' round the Bo!
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

FL/MAYO

Any addon with an unblocked version of the RTE player on it?

The Iceman

i've been using UK turks to watch RTE FL/Mayo
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

bennydorano

Thinking of investing & I really am clueless in this area.

Can u get all the dodgy links  (for want of a better word), on an Amazon Firestick? I mean getting free sports etc.. or are they all blocked? I think i read it comes with KODI built in.

Any recommendations for a stick or box?

Gaffer

You can get all on a firestick. Make sure you have unlimited broadband.

Basic firestick sold out in Argos branches when I went to get one on Monday. Bought the one with voice activation at 10 quid dearer. You can buy the firebox at 80 quid. Bigger processer I think.

You can get the sports and films you want.
Best to invest in a sports add on like sports mania.
Cost 26 quid for 6 months and you can get sky sports Setanta and BT sports in the one 'add on' rather than searching through different 'add ons' for free streaming of events. Also better chance of little buffering as well.

Then you need to get someone to install 'Kodi' on it for you or check YouTube for tutorials.

"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

laoislad

Imo the firestick isnt at all user friendly compared to an Android TV box.
It's so much easier install apps and use kodi on the Android tv. Also you can get far more powerful android boxes for not much more money than a firestick.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

gallsman

Quote from: The Iceman on February 26, 2016, 07:29:09 PM

Live only though, not the player?

FL/Mayo, if looking to use the player a VPN or DNS host probably your best option.

The Iceman

Quote from: gallsman on February 26, 2016, 08:36:17 PM

FL/Mayo, if looking to use the player a VPN or DNS host probably your best option.
aye just live
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

FL/MAYO

Quote from: The Iceman on February 26, 2016, 08:40:51 PM
Quote from: gallsman on February 26, 2016, 08:36:17 PM

aye just live
Thanks lads, looking to get the Player working without the geoblock on it. RTE have really cracked down on VPNs lately, I can't find one that works on RTE. Castaway addon has RTE on it also. Modbro can be sideloaded onto the Firestick as well it had a ton of live channels.
Whats the advantage of the bigger Android box?

laoislad

That Exodus add on is excellent.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

trueblue1234

I've been trying to download a build to my firestick and ever time i put in the http: etc I get a message saying "couldn't retrieve directory information. This could be due to network not being connected." I know I have a good signal and speed. So anyone know a cure?
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

gallsman

Quote from: trueblue1234 on February 28, 2016, 05:30:53 PM
I've been trying to download a build to my firestick and ever time i put in the http: etc I get a message saying "couldn't retrieve directory information. This could be due to network not being connected." I know I have a good signal and speed. So anyone know a cure?

Is the URL of the repo definitely right and up to date?

trueblue1234

It was Dec right, but not sure of date. Wats the best build to install now? Would you have a link or where would I find it?

gallsman

I've given up using builds and just take add-ons from superrepo.

trueblue1234

No worries. I've managed to download exodus which is top class. But I've been trying to download a lives sports one. Tried to download sportsmania but no joy. Got the same message as above!!