Android Boxes

Started by snoopdog, July 30, 2015, 09:49:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

laoislad

Quote from: pullhard on December 29, 2015, 08:30:48 PM
Have you a link for an android box?

Can you get the tv series on them?
There's loads out there.  Mine is called a MXIII.
You'll find it on eBay, I think there is a newer version now though.
Yes you can watch all the TV series on them via Showbox and Kodi plus all the sports.
I'm watching Leicester  v Man City now on mine in full HD.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

pullhard

Looks like a great job. Does it require much setting up? My boardband is around 2mbs would this be enough?

laoislad

Quote from: pullhard on December 29, 2015, 09:27:41 PM
Looks like a great job. Does it require much setting up? My boardband is around 2mbs would this be enough?
Pretty easy set up.
I really don't know if your broadband is enough, mine is 200mbps wired so is plenty obviously!

johnneycool

I've approx 1.6Mbs and the fire stick is fine for SD films, tv shows etc, etc, live football can be a bit hit or miss. HD films buffet though

laoislad

Quote from: johnneycool on December 30, 2015, 09:29:45 AM

I've approx 1.6Mbs and the fire stick is fine for SD films, tv shows etc, etc, live football can be a bit hit or miss. HD films buffet though
Is the 1.6mps what's coming into your house or what's over WiFi?
I have 200mbps coming  into house but it drops to around  70mbps over WiFi so your 1.6mbps probably drops before it hits the firestick over WiFi.
Just asking because if you had an Android box that you plugged straight into your modem then you might have enough for HD shows or live sport.
Same for pullhard, doesn't Netflix only need 2mbps or something to play so I'm sure it should be enough for the likes of showbox or kodi.

Square Ball

Got a box of Amazon pre Christmas and just sorting it out now, money well spent indeed. I use the Kodi add ons and the football streams and film are fantastic
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

pullhard

Which box did you get?

Loads of them

Square Ball

Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

gallsman

Set the Black Box up on my Fire TV last night and all working well. Paid for a 1 month subscription to try out sports nation as had heard mixed reviews. Working perfectly in HD. However, when I turned on this morning, Kodi started up fresh - no sign of the Black Box installation, couldn't see any of the add ons. It was still installed as I could see it in the settings but I couldn't launch it at all. Any ideas?

Boycey

Quote from: gallsman on January 02, 2016, 12:32:19 PM
Set the Black Box up on my Fire TV last night and all working well. Paid for a 1 month subscription to try out sports nation as had heard mixed reviews. Working perfectly in HD. However, when I turned on this morning, Kodi started up fresh - no sign of the Black Box installation, couldn't see any of the add ons. It was still installed as I could see it in the settings but I couldn't launch it at all. Any ideas?

Strange that..

try posting on their Facebook group

TheBlackBoxOSTV

laoislad

Premier League pass buffering like mad for me today. Had to switch back to Sportsdevil.

StGallsGAA

Phoenix live TV working fine

Smokin Joe

Quote from: laoislad on January 02, 2016, 01:40:14 PM
Premier League pass buffering like mad for me today. Had to switch back to Sportsdevil.

Yeah, same for me re Premier Pass today

gallsman

First weekend over and done with and very happy with it. Sports Mania looks great. I've 300mbps fibre so no issue streaming HD. It was absolutely perfect HD for the NFL last night.

What does everyone use for streaming live "regular" tv? Have gone through a good few of them already and while fine, haven't come across anything "great" just yet.

JoG2

Quote from: gallsman on January 04, 2016, 01:11:05 PM
First weekend over and done with and very happy with it. Sports Mania looks great. I've 300mbps fibre so no issue streaming HD. It was absolutely perfect HD for the NFL last night.

What does everyone use for streaming live "regular" tv? Have gone through a good few of them already and while fine, haven't come across anything "great" just yet.

are you not depending more on the kit which is facilitating the stream and what it's capacity is more so on what your own broadband speed is?