Dublin v Kerry All Ireland Final 2019

Started by Hereiam, August 12, 2019, 01:27:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cunny Funt

Quote from: highorlow on August 26, 2019, 09:37:26 PM
Any news on the teams yet?

Brogan or Connolly to start instead of Scully? Is that likely?
Brogan probably won't make the 26. Connolly i'd say will only be introduced late on if Dublin have the game already won.

dublin7

Quote from: From the Bunker on August 26, 2019, 09:14:33 PM
Quote from: dublin7 on August 26, 2019, 09:09:27 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on August 26, 2019, 08:53:21 PM
Quote from: dublin7 on August 26, 2019, 08:52:22 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on August 26, 2019, 08:43:03 PM
Quote from: dublin7 on August 26, 2019, 06:52:53 PM
Any discussion about Dublin on this forum quickly gets turned into something about funding, financial doping, dubs players are professionals etc so there's not much point in dubs fans trying to discuss football matters.

I'm looking forward to the game anyway. Unlike the hurling final I doubt any tickets will go on general sale!!!

Oh ya poor thing having to put up with all these discussions of Financial Doping. Would it be any help if we put our heads in the sand like most of the Media (which is based in the Capital). Or even headquarters who are at the same lark.
Maybe now people see why dubs fans here don't bother trying to discuss the game.

What Game?
I do apologise, I was talking about the All Ireland final this weekend.

I should have realised that as Mayo are not in the final this year and the fact the final is on earlier in the year than it has been previously I can see why you're confused.

You probably don't even know that it's a Dublin v Kerry final because you don't have any interest in the dublin team or anything to do with dublin gaa in the county in general

Oh that Game. Had forgot about it! Beginning to mean less and less.

I'll be shouting for the Dubs. Really hope they do it! Dublin losing would be a disaster for the game.

You keep waffling and wailing on here about Dublin and howthey are the big bad wolf of the GAA world but it's all pointless. Actually do something about if you actually believe what you post on here. Take it up with your club in Mayo and look to have a motion presented to congress, e-mail that other bitter troll Ewan McKenna and work on a Dublin funding story with him or heaven forbid call Joe Duffy and talk to joe!!

Any of the above would be more productive towards your vendetta against funding for Dublin GAA than your tirades here

From the Bunker

Quote from: dublin7 on August 26, 2019, 11:21:00 PM

You keep waffling and wailing on here about Dublin and howthey are the big bad wolf of the GAA world but it's all pointless. Actually do something about if you actually believe what you post on here. Take it up with your club in Mayo and look to have a motion presented to congress, e-mail that other bitter troll Ewan McKenna and work on a Dublin funding story with him or heaven forbid call Joe Duffy and talk to joe!!

Any of the above would be more productive towards your vendetta against funding for Dublin GAA than your tirades here

Dublin are not the Big Bad Wolfe, the hand that feeds them are! I have no malice toward Dublin GAA, their team or their fans. They are only the middle guy on all of this.

As for Joe Duffy or going to any National Media source (all based in Dublin). I'd be told where to go as their Sponsors would be none to happy with me putting a dent in their promotional gigs! Money speaks or in a case like mine shuts you up!

You are part of a huge Corporation. Bigger than the GAA itself nearly at this stage. The rest of us are only bit part players who take turns visiting Dublin to play games in your home ground and watching ye collecting Trophies

seafoid

None of the players want to talk about the elephant in the dressing room

https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/gaelic-games/gaelic-football/uneventful-dublin-press-nights-leave-only-one-question-what-more-is-there-to-say-1.3997957
"I'm actually not that well up on balance sheets and what's going on, I really don't have a clue. From a Dublin point of view, I know we've had our house in order for a while and lads are coming through from underage. It's come together in a good storm at the moment. There's a lot of pieces of the puzzle that have come together. "
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

TheGreatest

I see Daithi o Se wiped up dog piss with a Dublin jersey. While amusing to some, and probably to most of the sore losers on here, that jersey means a lot to a lot of people and is highly disrepectful. Or is too much to expect some respect from our country brethren, it probably is, similiar incident a few years ago Meath fans were burning Dublin flags outside Croke Park, a soccer mentality it seems exist.

Hound

Quote from: highorlow on August 26, 2019, 09:37:26 PM
Any news on the teams yet?

Brogan or Connolly to start instead of Scully? Is that likely?

Bernard will do well to make the 26.

Dublin forwards are set in stone:
Howard - Kilkenny - Scully
Rock - Con - Mannion

Backs are more up for grabs. The current incumbents are:
Byrne - Cooper - Fitzsimons
McCaffrey - McCarthy - Small

Byrne and Fitzsimons are the two who's places might be up for grabs. Both have been dropped for AI finals previously. Philly waiting in the wings. I reckon Small will pick up O'Brien, but Murchan could come in for one of the corner backs, and be tasked with taking O'Brien, leaving Small to man-mark O'Shea.

My hunch is that the corner backs will stay as per the semi.

The real 50/50 call is at midfield. Will Macauley retain his place or will O'Sullivan come in (with McCarthy pushed into midfield)?

As for the bench, Connolly and Bugler will cover wing forward and midfield.

But for inside forwards there are 4 places between the following 6:
Costello, Kev Mac, Andrews, Paddy Small, Brogan, O'Gara

Brogan and O'Gara lost out at semi final time, going to be hard for either of them to force their way in.

easytiger95

Quote from: From the Bunker on August 26, 2019, 05:50:16 PM
Quote from: easytiger95 on August 26, 2019, 05:14:09 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on August 26, 2019, 04:25:03 PM
Quote from: easytiger95 on August 26, 2019, 03:45:07 PM
Loads to talk about and no Dublin fan I know is taking this lightly - this is a serious Kerry team, who beat Mayo by the same score as us, and didn't have to struggle in the first half to do so.

Unfortunately, any discussion of the game gets sidetracked here always. Prefer now to do the chatting IRL because online is just a snake eating itself.

Mayo were flogged twice this year! First they had to play 3 weeks in a row to Down (away), Armagh (home) and Galway (Limerick) while Kerry rested, waited and planed for a home tie against them in week 4.

Same for the game v Dublin Mayo played tough games against Kerry (away), Meath (Croker) and Donegal (home) while a rested Dublin played Cork (Home), Roscommon (home) and played their 'B' team to Tyrone (away).

The lead up to both games left Mayo shagged! Don't get me wrong they would have lost both! But to read anything into either results means nothing as the leads up was not on a level playing field. But hey, the GAA is full of non level playing fields.

Anyway, Up the Dubs! Really hope ye do it!

Mayo had that route because they lost to Roscommon. That has nothing to do with non-level playing fields - every county risks a long trip through the qualifiers if they lose early. It didn't cost them in other campaigns.

Look at the rest time in other campaigns! No excuses for the defeats, just they went into both those games shagged! And the lead up games had an effect on the manner of their defeats. If you think otherwise you clearly do not have any idea of recovery time from bruising intercounty games.

Sure they lost to Roscommon! But does this mean that you have to treat amateur players like dogs for this?

If you are not happy with losers going back into the AI competition. Then feck them out when they lose, don't be putting them in unrealistic situations.

Best of Luck in the final! I'll be cheering for you! (I'll be cheering for you in next years final as well!)

Amazingly the system is set up to treat any players on any team "like dogs" when you lose your first game. You're coming across like a real child here.

imtommygunn

Quote from: TheGreatest on August 27, 2019, 08:47:09 AM
I see Daithi o Se wiped up dog piss with a Dublin jersey. While amusing to some, and probably to most of the sore losers on here, that jersey means a lot to a lot of people and is highly disrepectful. Or is too much to expect some respect from our country brethren, it probably is, similiar incident a few years ago Meath fans were burning Dublin flags outside Croke Park, a soccer mentality it seems exist.

That's not even funny never mind the disrespect thing.

easytiger95

Great interview with Andy Moran on the Second Captains this morning. Very sad he never got an All Ireland, you could never begrudge a gentleman like him.

Tubberman

There was no dog piss, it was a joke, a shite one but it's The Rose of Tralee ffs...
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

From the Bunker

Quote from: easytiger95 on August 27, 2019, 11:50:34 AM
Loads to talk about and no Dublin fan I know is taking this lightly - this is a serious Kerry team, who beat Mayo by the same score as us, and didn't have to struggle in the first half to do so.

Unfortunately, any discussion of the game gets sidetracked here always. Prefer now to do the chatting IRL because online is just a snake eating itself.

Mayo were flogged twice this year! First they had to play 3 weeks in a row to Down (away), Armagh (home) and Galway (Limerick) while Kerry rested, waited and planed for a home tie against them in week 4.

Same for the game v Dublin Mayo played tough games against Kerry (away), Meath (Croker) and Donegal (home) while a rested Dublin played Cork (Home), Roscommon (home) and played their 'B' team to Tyrone (away).

The lead up to both games left Mayo shagged! Don't get me wrong they would have lost both! But to read anything into either results means nothing as the leads up was not on a level playing field. But hey, the GAA is full of non level playing fields.

Mayo had that route because they lost to Roscommon. That has nothing to do with non-level playing fields - every county risks a long trip through the qualifiers if they lose early. It didn't cost them in other campaigns.

Look at the rest time in other campaigns! No excuses for the defeats, just they went into both those games shagged! And the lead up games had an effect on the manner of their defeats. If you think otherwise you clearly do not have any idea of recovery time from bruising intercounty games.

Sure they lost to Roscommon! But does this mean that you have to treat amateur players like dogs for this?

If you are not happy with losers going back into the AI competition. Then feck them out when they lose, don't be putting them in unrealistic situations.

Best of Luck in the final! I'll be cheering for you! (I'll be cheering for you in next years final as well!)

Amazingly the system is set up to treat any players on any team "like dogs" when you lose your first game. You're coming across like a real child here.

"Qu'ils mangent de la brioche".

seafoid

Quote from: Tubberman on August 27, 2019, 12:15:34 PM

There was no dog piss, it was a joke, a shite one but it's The Rose of Tralee ffs...
It was a response to a joke video from Pat Shortt where he recommended using a discarded KK flag to pick up dogshit

easytiger95

Quote from: From the Bunker on August 27, 2019, 12:17:33 PM

Apparently you think its alright to equate my opinions on the GAA with the homicidal indifference of the wife of a historical tyrant.

You think that is ok because

1. You don't know me
2. Hey its the internet and
3. My own hurt as a Mayo fan crushed by an unfair system cannot be in any way equated with the experience of, or understood by, a Dublin fan, who is part of this elite.

Those rationalisations are fundamentally immature, hence my comment about you acting like a child.

Like you (I assume) I get up and work hard every day. Like you (I assume) I take my son to the local GAA club and help out with training and matches (when I can, I'm not a martyr to it). Like you (I assume) I've played both club and schools GAA, though I never played senior for my club, and my modest achievements were all at colleges level. Like you (I know) I follow my county passionately.

Unlike you, I can ascribe all those values and characteristics to you without having met you.

I've spent a large part of my professional life producing and directing television coverage of GAA sports - I've been to most of the county grounds in the country and met volunteers for clubs and counties at every ground we've pitched up at. I've always treated those people with the same respect I would expect if they were pitching up at my club. And that fundamental extension of respect seems to be beyond you.

There are numerous threads for Dublin funding issues. I (and probably a lot of others) would like to discuss the game on Sunday on this thread. Perhaps you could extend us that respect?

A bit of cop on would not go amiss.

seafoid

Quote from: easytiger95 on August 27, 2019, 12:34:19 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on August 27, 2019, 12:17:33 PM

Apparently you think its alright to equate my opinions on the GAA with the homicidal indifference of the wife of a historical tyrant.

You think that is ok because

1. You don't know me
2. Hey its the internet and
3. My own hurt as a Mayo fan crushed by an unfair system cannot be in any way equated with the experience of, or understood by, a Dublin fan, who is part of this elite.

Those rationalisations are fundamentally immature, hence my comment about you acting like a child.

Like you (I assume) I get up and work hard every day. Like you (I assume) I take my son to the local GAA club and help out with training and matches (when I can, I'm not a martyr to it). Like you (I assume) I've played both club and schools GAA, though I never played senior for my club, and my modest achievements were all at colleges level. Like you (I know) I follow my county passionately.

Unlike you, I can ascribe all those values and characteristics to you without having met you.

I've spent a large part of my professional life producing and directing television coverage of GAA sports - I've been to most of the county grounds in the country and met volunteers for clubs and counties at every ground we've pitched up at. I've always treated those people with the same respect I would expect if they were pitching up at my club. And that fundamental extension of respect seems to be beyond you.

There are numerous threads for Dublin funding issues. I (and probably a lot of others) would like to discuss the game on Sunday on this thread. Perhaps you could extend us that respect?

A bit of cop on would not go amiss.

The system is broken, EasyTiger. Marie Antoinette didn't understand that either.
You can't run a sports competition when one team wins way in advance and the administrators don't care.

"The sight of a once vicious rivalry surviving on life support is the GAA's primetime product on the third weekend of June in 2019.
So finishes the decade with the Leinster football championship in ruin as any sense of competitiveness is lost. An era that begun with Meath thumping Dublin to the tune of 5-9 to 0-13 in this very fixture concludes with no provincial rivalry to speak about."

"Dublin are a long, long way in front of anyone else," said Colm O'Rourke.
"And maybe the gap is getting bigger all the time. There's no semblance of Dublin being sated by their success so far. It looks as if they want to win, win, win.

https://www.irishmirror.ie/sport/gaa/gaelic-football/gaelic-football-news/dublin-already-odds-six-row-18920594

I don't think Dublin all Ireland wins are valid any more, in fact. Because they get advantages nobody else does.
Why not take the tournament out of the hands of the GAA and put some decent sports administrators in control ? 

seafoid

There is a natural process in sport of excellence  and decline
The Irish rugby team showed it on Saturday

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/rugby-union/2019/08/26/woeful-irelands-game-plan-barely-fit-purpose-looking-less/
"A couple of seasons ago, many people, including me, said that Ireland had the greatest depth of talent in their history.
It did not seem so when you witnessed the appreciable gap in talent between their starting XV and bench at Twickenham.
It only got worse when this translated into an incomprehensible tactical performance where a good few players looked lost, with no idea how to find lucidity."

The Dubs are not subject to the same laws.
That ain't right