Valentine's Day

Started by 118cmal, February 03, 2009, 01:08:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

maggie

Quote from: Treasurer on February 03, 2009, 05:00:28 PM
Not a fan of charm bracelets I must admit.

Would tend to agree with you Treas, but this bracelet is very popular at the mo and IMHO it is gorge.
Im bidding on one on ebay for £40 as we speak- (i have to buy my own val day pressies  :'( )
Usually its about £100-£150.

ludermor

Anybody dig up the thread from An Fear Rua, there was some great suggestions there!!

leenie

imo......... bulters chocolates are the biggest waste of money... so don't get her them...

nearly 30 euro for a box of eight! (only time i ever contemplated asking for the receipt) but then again i don't like chocolate!

I got a card once with some lovely sentiments written that alot of thought had went into,  and it was much better than the present....

but i'd be an old romantic!
I'm trying to decide on a really meaningful message..

maggie

Quote from: leenie on February 03, 2009, 05:13:18 PM
imo......... bulters chocolates are the biggest waste of money... so don't get her them...

nearly 30 euro for a box of eight! (only time i ever contemplated asking for the receipt) but then again i don't like chocolate!

I got a card once with some lovely sentiments written that alot of thought had went into,  and it was much better than the present....

And i'm all about the bling.

muppet

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on February 03, 2009, 03:33:03 PM
Valentines Day is a joke...
Any man that goes and spends money on flowers or dinner just because its that day are seriously under the thumb in a big way IMHO and really need to grow a set...
I tell you what for those of you who are stupid enough to spend a fortune on roses,I have some growing in my back garden I'll sell them for €5 a rose  ::)

LL I didn't have you down as a gardener.
MWWSI 2017

SidelineKick

Quote from: SidelineKick on February 03, 2009, 01:11:20 PM
Going out for a meal on Valentines night is a joke. Set menus, rushed in pushed out. I'd rather cook then go out for a meal a night or two later, I did that last year.

Wouldnt be big into buying gifts for this particular day, a nice card with a thoughtful message from your good self on it.  She'll appreciate that.

Quote from: leenie on February 03, 2009, 05:13:18 PM

I got a card once with some lovely sentiments written that alot of thought had went into,  and it was much better than the present....

I am good  8)
"If you want to box, say you want to box and we'll box"

Reported.

ludermor

Great stuff Fionntamhnach!! That thread is legendary!

Franko

Some of the stuff on that thread is priceless!! ;D :D

screenexile

Valentine's is a pure joke. My favourite of all time is my Mum and Dad. My Mum's Canadian and my Father met her over there. When she asked him about it first he said he'd never heard of it and when she explained all to him he said they'd never had it over here.

She says she gave him a right tongue lashing when she found out the ruth. She had let him away with it for years at that stage!

Just right too!

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: muppet on February 03, 2009, 05:20:53 PM
Any man that goes and spends money on flowers or dinner just because its that day are seriously under the thumb in a big way IMHO and really need to grow a set...
I tell you what for those of you who are stupid enough to spend a fortune on roses,I have some growing in my back garden I'll sell them for €5 a rose  ::)

Ah yeah I like to dabble with it now and again...
Gets me out of the house so I don't have to listen to her banging on about getting engaged  ;)
You'll Never Walk Alone.

SidelineKick

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on February 03, 2009, 06:22:03 PM

Gets me out of the house so I don't have to listen to her banging on about getting engaged  ;)

Could be worse, she could be banging on about getting engaged to somebody else!

Reported.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: SidelineKick on February 03, 2009, 06:25:55 PM

How would that be worse  ???
You'll Never Walk Alone.

SidelineKick

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on February 03, 2009, 06:26:52 PM

She's a very lucky girl  :-\

Reported.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: SidelineKick on February 03, 2009, 06:28:38 PM
Quote from: The Real Laoislad on February 03, 2009, 06:26:52 PM

She's a very lucky girl  :-\

And I remind her every day just how lucky she is...
You'll Never Walk Alone.

SidelineKick

Reported.