Android Boxes

Started by snoopdog, July 30, 2015, 09:49:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

general

Quote from: Dougal Maguire on August 31, 2019, 02:32:55 PM
I'm using a Firestick with WiFi. It's generally pretty good but there was a slight bit of buffering at the end of the Utd match. If I want to use Ethernet with an amazon adapter I'll be taking the Ethernet from the router via my electric cable. Would that still be better than WiFi. I'm using Nord vpn by the way

Sounds like a speed test issue yeah. Are you on an unlimited WiFi? It's possible the WiFi is just a bit slow or your speed is being limited by your provider. Just make sure your vpn is active, may be on but not actually active

Dougal Maguire

Thanks folks. I'll try those things out. I'm on unlimited Wi-fi and have the fastest speeds BT has to offer. My phone is showing full Wi-fi signal. This only happened with the Utd match although I noticed that the reception seemed to be a bit jumpy for the last 10 minutes of the arsenal match which I tuned into after the Sunday game ended. I'm with the same supplier as yourself with multiroom working on Firesticks but if the problem persists I might move one of the Firesticks back to the Ethernet wired Android box and see if it improves
Careful now

giveherlong

Any such thing as getting a firestick with an Ethernet port rather that relying on WiFi?

aontroim

Quote from: giveherlong on September 02, 2019, 10:15:51 AM
Any such thing as getting a firestick with an Ethernet port rather that relying on WiFi?

Yes there is an adapter you can buy here or check ebay etc for cheaper copies

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Amazon-Ethernet-Adaptor-Remote-models/dp/B01LXP5TXI

giveherlong

Quote from: aontroim on September 02, 2019, 10:29:06 AM

Thanks. Will get a look
Can you get anything split a Cat 5 or 6 cable to feed 2 sources i.e one data point to feed the TV and firestick both hard wired?

laoislad

Just buy an Android TV Box? I find the firestick I have is very poor compared to the Android Boxes I have. Granted it's in the bedroom so it is a distance from the router but I have to play most streams in SD so they won't buffer.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Mhic Easmuint

Quote from: giveherlong on September 02, 2019, 10:52:51 AM
Quote from: aontroim on September 02, 2019, 10:29:06 AM

Thanks. Will get a look
Can you get anything split a Cat 5 or 6 cable to feed 2 sources i.e one data point to feed the TV and firestick both hard wired?
A small switch - https://www.amazon.co.uk/NETGEAR-Ethernet-Unmanaged-Internet-Splitter/dp/B07PYSNSDD/ref=sr_1_5?keywords=3+port+switch&qid=1567421528&s=gateway&smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&sr=8-5

Jim Bob

Anyone try to watch the AIF yesterday on the Smartiptv app. You would have been watching the darts instead. It was showing sky action on sky arena

Ambrose

Anyone using the newer 4K UHD Fire Stick, are they much of an improvement over the second generation Fire Stick, which I find to be a little slow and seem to take an age loading streams?

Thanks to the lads who pm'ed me regarding IPTV, was very easy to get it sorted and have got rid of the ever increasing Sky bill, but I now realise just how little live TV we actually watch.
You can't live off history and tradition forever

Dougal Maguire

I'm using the latest version and it's great although I did have a wee bit of buffering during the Utd match. It does take a while to load up when I turn it on. I used to also have an Ethernet wired Android box on our second tv I must tune it in again and do a comparison
Careful now

Itchy

Quote from: Jim Bob on September 02, 2019, 12:39:25 PM
Anyone try to watch the AIF yesterday on the Smartiptv app. You would have been watching the darts instead. It was showing sky action on sky arena

That's your supplier nothing to do with smart iptv app

Smokin Joe

Would appreciate a PM recommendation for IPTV supplier.

general

Quote from: Smokin Joe on September 06, 2019, 03:16:52 PM

PM Sent  ;D

Geoff Tipps

Quote from: general on September 09, 2019, 08:54:49 AM
Quote from: Smokin Joe on September 06, 2019, 03:16:52 PM

PM Sent  ;D

I have a provider but the subscription is running out. Can I get a PM too? Thanks

blewuporstuffed

Having a look at this also. Any advice/ recommendations  would be appreciated   :)
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either