Holidays

Started by Oakleafer93, June 03, 2009, 01:17:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

5 Sams

Quote from: the real slim shady on June 20, 2010, 05:32:37 PM
Just back from Melbourne for the summer, heading to Crete in a few weeks anyone know what its like??

It's been a while since I was there but from memory depends where you go Slim.....Malia is full of drunken young ones.... mostly English..... Club 18-20 type stuff...

Hersonissos has a more mature crowd and a more cosmopolitan crowd...loads of Scandinavians :o :o, Dutch and Germans...

As I said it been a while and it may have changed....maybe someone can update
The Aristocrat Years

supersarsfields

Was in Malia about two years ago and can't say I enjoyed it that much. Very loud and yobby to be honest. But plenty to do during the day. Ended up going into Hersonissos most nights as the night life there was much better.

Abble

hersonissos was easily the best holiday resort i've been to...couldn't fault it.

the real slim shady

Quote from: 5 Sams on June 23, 2010, 11:30:23 AM
Quote from: the real slim shady on June 20, 2010, 05:32:37 PM
Just back from Melbourne for the summer, heading to Crete in a few weeks anyone know what its like??

It's been a while since I was there but from memory depends where you go Slim.....Malia is full of drunken young ones.... mostly English..... Club 18-20 type stuff...

Hersonissos has a more mature crowd and a more cosmopolitan crowd...loads of Scandinavians :o :o, Dutch and Germans...

As I said it been a while and it may have changed....maybe someone can update

Heading to Hersonissos, was talking to a few lads who went last last year, they said it was a mad spot.  Could be a bad move taking the woman then!

Dougal Maguire

Quote from: tyrone girl on May 11, 2010, 03:02:34 PM
Was in Marmaris a few years back. Great spot - plenty to do and lovely beaches. Full of English though and any irish that were there were prod. Anyway not to be bigoted though - just pointing it out.
Would defo go again - loved it.

As a matter of interest, if she'd said  ' Full of English though and any Irish that were there were tattooed drunks in Rangers and Linfield tops'  would she have generated the same comments??
Careful now

Milltown Row2

Dougal she said Prods, not Rangers fans or Linfield Fans!!! if she had have said it was full of Celtic tops and taigs would she have got  different response? no not really. it just sounded very juvenile and daft
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

The Blegard

Quote from: Never beat the deeler on August 28, 2009, 02:27:03 AM
Has anybody flown with Korean airlines? I'm headin home for Xmas from Aus and am booked with this shower. Havent heard anythin about them    ???
They are fine. I have flown with them loads of times from sydney when I did a bit of work in good ol Pusan. Just seem to run into problems if they stray into Russian airspace.

I am going to spend my holidays in Mayo. I have done all the rest and nothing comes close. Anyone who holidays outside of ireland especially if you live there and there is a recession on is a traitor and there should be a law against it. Ryan Air are trying their best in this regard I suppose
Ceol,Dole agus Ol

ludermor

When you in Mayo Blegard?

tyrone girl

Yes my post did sound ridiculous and probably taken out of context by how i worded it!!!! This is the only time im gonna defend what i said. I dont have a problem with non catholics and have close friends who are. What i meant was Marmaris was full of english an any irish that were there from what i could see were all rangers fanatics , jerseys towels , singing songs round the pool galore making us feel uncomfortable. Came into contact with it everywhere i went in Marmaris. What i said should have been worded different obviously!!!! Its a discussion board - its all to do with peoples opinions. I gave my opinion on my experience with Marmaris - yes i worded it wrong but get off your high horses and stop trying to make me into a bigoted little bitch.
Why i bothered to defend myself i dont know cos i know what i meant and couldnt care less what the majority think of it.
End of!

The Blegard

Quote from: ludermor on June 24, 2010, 08:36:01 PM
When you in Mayo Blegard?
Be there 9th July for 2.5 weeks. Might sneak back again end of august for a weekend
Ceol,Dole agus Ol

Milltown Row2

Quote from: tyrone girl on June 24, 2010, 09:31:36 PM
Yes my post did sound ridiculous and probably taken out of context by how i worded it!!!! This is the only time im gonna defend what i said. I dont have a problem with non catholics and have close friends who are. What i meant was Marmaris was full of english an any irish that were there from what i could see were all rangers fanatics , jerseys towels , singing songs round the pool galore making us feel uncomfortable. Came into contact with it everywhere i went in Marmaris. What i said should have been worded different obviously!!!! Its a discussion board - its all to do with peoples opinions. I gave my opinion on my experience with Marmaris - yes i worded it wrong but get off your high horses and stop trying to make me into a bigoted little bitch.
Why i bothered to defend myself i dont know cos i know what i meant and couldnt care less what the majority think of it.
End of!

yes and if you have friends that are 'prods' show them your post then ask the question, do you think i'm stupid?

listen if i was away and a load of druck celtic fanatics jerseys towels , singing songs round the pool galore i'd feel uncomfortable.

no need to defend your post, you are what you are
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Milltown Row2

Quote from: hardstation on June 24, 2010, 11:07:24 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 24, 2010, 10:54:23 PM
Quote from: tyrone girl on June 24, 2010, 09:31:36 PM
End of!

yes and if you have friends that are 'prods' show them your post then ask the question, do you think i'm stupid?

listen if i was away and a load of druck celtic fanatics jerseys towels , singing songs round the pool galore i'd feel uncomfortable.

no need to defend your post, you are what you are
That's bollox, Milltown.

which part? i would hate a load of drunking Celtic fanatics at the pool singing songs. i dislike Celtic anyway (Rangers also) but thats down to the way it is

Milltown Row2

Had a pint in the Rex bar!! was very strange. worked on the Shankill for 3 years worked in Harland's for 12 years. was brought not to judge people cause of where they are from. Cant abide anybody who judges people cause they happened to be born in a different street.

we are an accident of birth. you could have been born to parents from Sandy Row and grew up hating Catholics but cause everyone wants to fit in they would prefer to go along with the majority.

i try and take people as they are. if we generalize and pigeon hole people then N.Ireland will have no chance

bigots are usually people who cant think for themselves. when you live and work in 'YOUR OWN' then thats all you'll ever know. remember there are cocks on both sides

Milltown Row2

i never based myself being stuck with a  West Belfast view, i did do the 'clubs' while growing up but always headed into town. meet other people.

I'm a massive Gael and love the history of the GAA. i try and educate the 'others' as I'm proud of that and always will be.

I have always had my views and have read about Irish history extensively but we have to look at life from both sides and how would you feel if you were a prod?

don't always get it right, would prefer England not to win the World Cup :P

Milltown Row2

Quote from: hardstation on June 24, 2010, 11:37:46 PM
Very nice in theory, Milltown but reality is being missed.

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 24, 2010, 11:30:48 PM
Had a pint in the Rex bar!! was very strange.
Why? I'm sure you've drank on the Falls before. Did you find it "very strange"?
was strange as its a UVF bar and I'm from the Falls, you only need one crack pot to have a go.

i judge people only after knowing them, thats the only time you can. i hope you not one of these arseholes who judge people on what religion they are. if so then you really are a c**k.

don't despair,  I'm fine, I've had/have a great life. I'm totally fine with the way my parents brought me up.