Holidays

Started by Oakleafer93, June 03, 2009, 01:17:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Longshanks

Quote from: nrico2006 on February 29, 2016, 11:41:11 AM
Quote from: laceer on February 29, 2016, 11:37:06 AM
Quote from: nrico2006 on February 29, 2016, 11:33:16 AM
Anybody any experience with transport from Ibiza airport?  Was thinking about simply hopping into a taxi but are they a complete rip-off and would it be better to book online in advance?

They're not too expensive. Where are you staying? Ibiza is a pretty small island so a taxi anywhere shouldn't be mad money.

That's what I was thinking.  Going to a place I went two years ago in Es Cana and decided to do it online this time instead of through a travel agents.  As the journey was around 20/30 minutes, I was thinking a taxi should be fine as long as I get the fee confirmed up front at the start.

Aye defo get a taxi, cheap enough anywhere on the island as long as they are the white ones with the green light, if you are with a group I would suggest a couple of you go out and get in the queue for taxis which is usually pretty big and hold your place while the rest get the suitcases, just saves alot of time.

50fiftyball

Anyone been to San Diego? Been to SF & LA and friends have told me it's their favourite city on the West coast... Bit confused as to where to stay, I've read the main nightlife is the gaslamp quarter? Has anyone drove to Vegas from it or vice versa. Says 4.5/5 hrs.

Rois

I was there in September for a few days.  We stayed a bit outside the Gaslamp quarter in a cheapish hotel called Hotel Vyvant towards the airport and kind of regretted it. 

I wouldn't necessarily stay right in the Gaslamp quarter but I'd be a bit closer to it than we were.  We went to see a Chargers game and took the tram thing which was very handy.

We didn't drive to Vegas but drove to Palm Springs (kind of on the way) and it was very straightforward.

50fiftyball

San Diego always seems a very expensive place to fly to any time I've priced it..any reason for this? Accomodation in Vegas is very cheap in July, but the flights aren't really. Looking at September instead..
I was thinking of LA as a base airport, as going to san diego from vegas would mean having to drive back up to LV for the flight home because of the price!

nrico2006

Quote from: Longshanks on March 04, 2016, 11:35:32 AM
Quote from: nrico2006 on February 29, 2016, 11:41:11 AM
Quote from: laceer on February 29, 2016, 11:37:06 AM
Quote from: nrico2006 on February 29, 2016, 11:33:16 AM
Anybody any experience with transport from Ibiza airport?  Was thinking about simply hopping into a taxi but are they a complete rip-off and would it be better to book online in advance?

They're not too expensive. Where are you staying? Ibiza is a pretty small island so a taxi anywhere shouldn't be mad money.

That's what I was thinking.  Going to a place I went two years ago in Es Cana and decided to do it online this time instead of through a travel agents.  As the journey was around 20/30 minutes, I was thinking a taxi should be fine as long as I get the fee confirmed up front at the start.

Aye defo get a taxi, cheap enough anywhere on the island as long as they are the white ones with the green light, if you are with a group I would suggest a couple of you go out and get in the queue for taxis which is usually pretty big and hold your place while the rest get the suitcases, just saves alot of time.

Thanks
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Don Johnson

Can someone recommend somewhere down south for a couple and an infant (she will be about four or five months old at the time)?

screenexile

Quote from: Don Johnson on March 14, 2016, 03:56:28 PM
Can someone recommend somewhere down south for a couple and an infant (she will be about four or five months old at the time)?

Did something similar with myself and the missus last year we went to Malahide during the summer and it was great.

Spent most of the a day walking around the beach/Malahide Castle and went to the zoo another day although my daughter was way too young for it at 6 months.

We stayed at the Grand midweek and it was fairly reasonable and the food in it was excellent!

Walter Cronc

Lads/Lassies which of Malahide or Howth is better to spend an afternoon on the way back up from Dublin. Thinking lunch and a stroll along the prom?

gallsman

Quote from: Walter Cronc on March 14, 2016, 05:00:48 PM
Lads/Lassies which of Malahide or Howth is better to spend an afternoon on the way back up from Dublin. Thinking lunch and a stroll along the prom?

Howth. A million times Howth.

Walter Cronc

Quote from: gallsman on March 14, 2016, 05:05:16 PM
Quote from: Walter Cronc on March 14, 2016, 05:00:48 PM

Howth. A million times Howth.

Good man GM. That was my initial thought!

Beffs

If you go to Howth on a nice, sunny day at the weekend, the traffic jams can be horrendous.

Hound

Quote from: Beffs on March 14, 2016, 07:12:38 PM
If you go to Howth on a nice, sunny day at the weekend, the traffic jams can be horrendous.
Skerries up there with Howth, and better than Malahide, and while it can get a bit busy on a nice sunny day, you'd never be in a traffic jam. The harbour has good options for eating and drinking, and there's an ice cream parlour and a playground.

Canalman

Forget about Malahide imo. Not an option. Fuggedaboutit.

Howth if you have kids old enough not to have to worry about the traffic or walking on the narrowish roads , cliffs etc.

Skerries otherwise. Easier parking and more child friendly beach , walks etc.

Personally would always prefer Skerries. A really lovely place imo anyway.

gallsman

Quote from: Hound on March 15, 2016, 12:31:39 PM
Skerries up there with Howth, and better than Malahide, and while it can get a bit busy on a nice sunny day, you'd never be in a traffic jam. The harbour has good options for eating and drinking, and there's an ice cream parlour and a playground.

The prawns and chowder in the Stoop your Head  :P :P :P

muppet

If you have a 6 mo you will be up early enough not to worry about traffic. Sunday morning has the markets and you can usually see seals in the west harbour.
MWWSI 2017