National Football League - Last Man Standing Competition

Started by Louth Exile, January 20, 2011, 10:55:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Louth Exile

This competition should most certainly appeal to at least a few of you. As far as we are aware, we are the only club in the country running such a GAA competition, some of you might be familiar the concept from soccer clubs and bookies running it on the premiership. We ran it last year on a small scale and it was a success. This year we are opening it up to all, the more that enter the higher the prize fund.

What is it?
We have taken Divisions 1 and 3 of the league, this gives eight matches each weekend. From this round of fixtures you must pick a winning team. If your team wins you go through to the next round, if they don't you are out. Each week you need to keep picking a winner to stay in. A very important rule though is that once you pick a team once you can't pick them again! Each week entrants drop off until there is a winner(s)

It only costs €10 to enter, this is paid at the start (you pay only once at the start, not each week). You can pay online using laser or credit card through the website. You can enter more than once if you wish!

Full details, rules, fixtures etc. can be found on the link below
http://www.thejoesgfc.com/newsArticle.php?id=174

So Lads and Lassies which of you fancy that you are good enough to win it and stand to the end??
St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com

Kerry Mike

QuoteWe have taken Divisions 1 and 3 of the league

Wait for the outrage from the Tyronies !!
2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

Louth Exile

Quote from: Kerry Mike on January 21, 2011, 09:14:35 AM

:D Last year it was Divisions 1 & 2. One of the lads is married to a Tyrone lass  who had most of her family in for 2010..... we have already had the feedback.
St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com

omagh_gael

Quote from: Kerry Mike on January 21, 2011, 09:14:35 AM

This is an outrage! How can the team of the last decade be left out??

Kerry Mike

QuoteThis is an outrage! How can the team of the last decade be left out??

The self proclaimed team of the last decade now plays in Div 2. The pain of it all  ;)
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

AZOffaly

This is a great idea. But I can only pick Offaly once?  :D

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: AZOffaly on January 21, 2011, 03:04:18 PM
This is a great idea. But I can only pick Offaly once?  :D

AZ you have to pick the winning team though in each round so you'll be alright :P

Doogie Browser

Norf Tyrone is running one for his club too based on the NFL, sorry to steal your thunder!

Louth Exile

Quote from: Doogie Browser on January 21, 2011, 04:09:00 PM
Norf Tyrone is running one for his club too based on the NFL, sorry to steal your thunder!

Who's his club? We had a few from Ardboe in it last year, probably where they got the idea  ;)

omagh_gael

Quote from: Kerry Mike on January 21, 2011, 02:56:31 PM
QuoteThis is an outrage! How can the team of the last decade be left out??

The self proclaimed team of the last decade now plays in Div 2. The pain of it all  ;)

Ah sure memories of 03, 05 and 08 are a mighty antidote to the division 2 blues Mike ;)

Kerry Mike

QuoteAh sure memories of 03, 05 and 08 are a mighty antidote to the division 2 blues Mike

Those years don't hold any significance really to me. Have 37 other great years to think about  ;)
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: Louth Exile on January 21, 2011, 04:31:47 PM
Quote from: Doogie Browser on January 21, 2011, 04:09:00 PM

Who's his club? We had a few from Ardboe in it last year, probably where they got the idea  ;)

Here you go!

Good luck with it Louth Exile! 
http://www.owenroe-leckpatrick.ie/Social/LFS.HTML
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: ONeill on January 21, 2011, 10:25:25 PM
Hope you don't mind me using that template Norf.

No problem. If I could change one thing I'd get people to mark on ther first week's selection on the entry fom. I'll email you the original copy so you can futter about with it!

Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone