Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Belfast GAA man on March 25, 2020, 02:30:56 PM
The many clubs who Rely on the social club for income will be getting in tight for the next while - Hope Govt or Croke will step up. Fundraising generally will be well done - tough times

I'd say the clubs don't make much money bar Davitt's, hasn't been much profit from our club since the peace process
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Na Glinntí Glasa

same for us, its not a real source of income. we are thinking of ditching our licence to go for the lesser one of 12 or so days you can use it.

Our income was the lotto, club draw, academy and gym. All of them are now gone and we have only the Club Dunloy money coming in. tis scary times for the clubs.

Interesting question. We have all paid our insurances for the GAA, LGFA and Camogie association - if no games are played will anything get returned or will it be a case of thousands of pounds lost to insurance companies.

The camogie association asked - sorry demands -£350 up front before you can even register a player for your club. again if no games are played do clubs get it back?

I cant see any league games ever being played this year, championship at a push, but the reality is we could see a full wipe out.
hurl like f**k boi!

BigBallWeeBall

Hard times ahead indeed for the clubs, on the plus side UK Gov grants etc may be available, we can postpone club fees and insurance to Croker. If we all save money wisely the paid club managers in SW will still get 80% of their salary while on furlough

Belfast GAA man

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 25, 2020, 05:10:53 PM
The many clubs who Rely on the social club for income will be getting in tight for the next while - Hope Govt or Croke will step up. Fundraising generally will be well done - tough times

I'd say the clubs don't make much money bar Davitt's, hasn't been much profit from our club since the peace process
i know what u mean but the General fundraising goes on around bar in r club. Surely the clubs won't have to pay the same amount of fees and insurance this year?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Belfast GAA man on March 25, 2020, 08:45:29 PM

i know what u mean but the General fundraising goes on around bar in r club. Surely the clubs won't have to pay the same amount of fees and insurance this year?

Was there not an email out there recently for clubs about this from Croke?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

delgany

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 25, 2020, 09:48:00 PM

Was there not an email out there reciting clubs about this from Croke?

Clubs have already paid Player Injury fund fees to croke park

Na Glinntí Glasa

Quote from: delgany on March 25, 2020, 10:17:18 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 25, 2020, 09:48:00 PM

Was there not an email out there reciting clubs about this from Croke?

Clubs have already paid Player Injury fund fees to croke park

Thats true. all clubs must of paid prior to any of the leagues starting in any shape so everyone will have paid around £4000 at a min for the GAA player injury fund. the camogie is a different insurance (costs us around £2800) and then the LGFA is another insurance set up.

The registration fees are all paid as well with no one being allowed to play without it being done as well. Its alot of money we have all paid up front for a potential for no games to be played.
hurl like f**k boi!

Belfast GAA man

Quote from: hardstation on March 25, 2020, 10:36:43 PM

Would they in turn be reducing or scrubbing their membership fees?
No - membership fees dont cover insurance and league fees in our club and I'd say Many. With Clubs loss of income members Will not expect that. The county has Saffron business Forum and CLub Aontroma going well and doesnt need to profit from the clubs - surely the GAA can do a deal with the insurnace people

Belfast GAA man

Quote from: BigBallWeeBall on March 25, 2020, 08:44:30 PM
Hard times ahead indeed for the clubs, on the plus side UK Gov grants etc may be available, we can postpone club fees and insurance to Croker. If we all save money wisely the paid club managers in SW will still get 80% of their salary while on furlough
those guys are self employed so no scheme yet norht of the border

Belfast GAA man

Quote from: hardstation on March 26, 2020, 12:25:36 PM
Quote from: Belfast GAA man on March 26, 2020, 10:01:59 AM
Quote from: hardstation on March 25, 2020, 10:36:43 PM

Would they in turn be reducing or scrubbing their membership fees?
No - membership fees dont cover insurance and league fees in our club and I'd say Many. With Clubs loss of income members Will not expect that. The county has Saffron business Forum and CLub Aontroma going well and doesnt need to profit from the clubs - surely the GAA can do a deal with the insurnace people
Ye think? There's boys going to be getting it tight over the next while who could be doing with the few quid back. Remember that many clubs have a player membership at a much higher rate than a social membership. With no games being played, effectively everyone is a social member. If clubs are going to the county looking for a reduction/scrubbing of fees due to no games being played, it would be fairly hypocritical not to reciprocate that to its own members.

There will be many who have no issue paying anyway but please don't overlook those who will be struggling.
Of course ! That's obvious a chara.

imtommygunn

Jesus. I have a funny feeling he is one of the contributors here.

Hope he gets through this ok :o

imtommygunn

I mind him asa a hurler from university. That is frightening. Hope he pulls through :(

Milltown Row2

Quote from: imtommygunn on March 28, 2020, 06:47:05 PM
Jesus. I have a funny feeling he is one of the contributors here.

Hope he gets through this ok :o

its not Last Man, Hurled against Nial for a good few seasons, decent fella. really hope he pulls through, only 43?

imtommygunn

Ah thought it was. Yeah I would guess he is about that age. Very capable fella too. Big in Kevin winters and the Irish language stuff too.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: imtommygunn on March 28, 2020, 06:56:53 PM
Ah thought it was. Yeah I would guess he is about that age. Very capable fella too. Big in Kevin winters and the Irish language stuff too.

Frighting, if that doesn't bring it home to you it never will