Laois Junior Football Championship 2017

Started by The PRO, July 26, 2017, 04:48:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SCFC

Kilcavan have a big game tonight. Travel to Ballyroan needing a result.
Wide open championship. Joe's, Graigue, Heath all strong. Hurling finished in Ballinakill I think so watch out for Spink.
Park and Kilcavan have to be contenders too with their first teams.

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Wednesday's Results

Laois Shopping Centre JFC Group B Round 3

The Harps             3-15
Killeshin                3-7

Ballylinan              1-6
St Joseph's           3-10

Laois Shopping Centre JFC Group C Round 3

Portarlington         0-8
Graiguecullen        3-16

Ballyroan Abbey    2-9
Kilcavan                2-24
Winners are not those who never fail, but those who never quit!

Joeythelips

Considering its their second teams Graiguecullen & St Josephs are posting serious scorelines in this grade. O'Dempseys play Spink tonight with the winners playing Kilcavan and loser playing Graiguecullen next week in the Quarter finals. As SCFC said Spink will be a dangerous side now Ballinakill are finished with hurling so this looks like being an ultra competitive grade this year.

Junior Ex Laoistalk

This is the line-up for next weeks quarter-finals after tonight's results

Park-Ratheniska v Ballylinan
St Joseph's v The Heath
Graiguecullen v O'Dempsey's
Kilcavan v Spink

http://www.laoistoday.ie/2017/08/24/spink-park-ratheniska-book-laois-jfc-quarter-final-places/

Joeythelips

Quote from: Junior Ex Laoistalk on August 25, 2017, 01:05:20 AM
This is the line-up for next weeks quarter-finals after tonight's results

Park-Ratheniska v Ballylinan
St Joseph's v The Heath
Graiguecullen v O'Dempsey's
Kilcavan v Spink

http://www.laoistoday.ie/2017/08/24/spink-park-ratheniska-book-laois-jfc-quarter-final-places/

Park, St Joseph's and Graigue should come through relatively comfortably, Kilcavan v Spink should be a right tussle and a hard one to call.

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Results

Park-Ratheniska 2-23
Ballylinan 0-7

The Heath 0-6
St Joseph's 2-10

Graiguecullen 0-12
O'Dempsey's 1-10

Kilcavan 1-15
Spink 0-10

Joeythelips

http://www.laoistoday.ie/2017/09/01/st-josephs-sail-past-heath-book-jfc-semi-place/

I see Tom Kelly played centre forward, nice to see on of the counties few All Stars still kicking ball. What a legend. That should be a cracking semi final against Park.

BobbyBoucherJr

Question, what year did Tom Kelly last play football, was it senior and was he regraded if it was senior? Wooly was in a similar position this year, he couldnt play because he wasnt regraded since 2010.

Don Draper

Quote from: BobbyBoucherJr on September 01, 2017, 04:13:18 PM
Question, what year did Tom Kelly last play football, was it senior and was he regraded if it was senior? Wooly was in a similar position this year, he couldnt play because he wasnt regraded since 2010.
:o

BallyroanAbu

He was regarded years ago, Wooly all of a sudden decided he wanted to play football but it was too late to regrade.

The Monument Road

Quote from: BobbyBoucherJr on September 01, 2017, 04:13:18 PM
Regraded years ago my friend. Stop listening to foolish gossip, but then again if you know better come out with it. Dont pass unfounded comments from keyboards

SCFC

I didn't think there was such a thing as regrading anymore per se.
I thought you named 17 for each panel above you're lowest grade team and everyone else is then eligible for that lowest team.
Which would naturally apply to Tom. Don't understand how Wooly doesn't also qualify on those grounds actually.

BallyroanAbu

You name the 17 as per norm, but if you have Seniors who you want Junior A even though they may not have played in a while they must be re graded Junior A.  As per norm you can only drop down one grade per calendar year.

High Fielder

So that begs two questions. Why wasn't Parkinson allowed to regrade? And how was Tom Kelly allowed to skip Intermediate on his return? No vested interest but Parkinson looks to have got a raw deal

BallyroanAbu

Your Club's playing teams is also a factor

Josephs 2nd Team is Junior A so he regrades to Junior A, i.e thats why Mick Lalor play's Junior C League most years as EMO regrade him down every year to their next available team Junior B/C

Parkinson I think thought because he had not played for a while was eligible for Intermediate, however the Portlaoise Club Secretary has to regrade him with the time he had he could have been Junior C over several years.  I think it must have to come to light in March but if it had been January/Feb would have not been an issue.