Laois Junior Football Championship 2017

Started by The PRO, July 26, 2017, 04:48:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Downtheroad

There is a misconception out there that if a player misses a year, he is automatically available to play at the lower grade which is not the case. Surprised St Josephs got caught out as they usually are on the ball.

BallyroanAbu

Quote from: Downtheroad on September 22, 2017, 12:05:43 PM
There is a misconception out there that if a player misses a year, he is automatically available to play at the lower grade which is not the case. Surprised St Josephs got caught out as they usually are on the ball.

Find it hard to imagine they are with a high profile player like Garvan or Kelly

Don Draper

Does this mean Woolie was eligible all along then? This will go down well with him  ;D

Saint 1963

Would be surprised if that's not the case. Which would make you wonder why Portlaoise didn't fight it. Not too late yet I suppose!

The Monument Road

Interesting stuff. I dont know the exact rule on grading per say "Croke park rules" ( althouigh it would be easy find them). Is it the case that a county can have its own Bye laws on rules. E.G. kildare dont have a parish rule in their bye laws where as laois do. Its a very interesting debate and everyone has an opinion but can anyone give a definitive answer. For the record here is a copy of the Laois Bye laws re gradings (Not sure if its up to date) Can anyone put it into simple english

29. Grading – Clubs to name and list a minimum of seventeen players for each grade of
Championship excluding the Club's lowest grade. The names for each grade of
championship must correspond in most instances to their previous year's
Championship status, except where a team is promoted or relegated or where a Club
use in excess of seventeen players in a Championship grade. Clubs must also list
Players who played at a higher grade in 2011 and whom are now being included in
the Club's lowest grade. Clubs failing to comply in listing these players will be
penalised by the inclusion of the player in the higher grade. Each Clubs list is subject
to examination by the CCC, who may at their discretion make additions to the
seventeen names listed. The closing date for submission of Player Grading (17) is
19th. March. Clubs will be asked to review and resubmit Player Grading prior to 13th.
July. CCC will monitor throughout the League campaign and regulars excluded from
original grading panel of 17 and playing at the higher grade will be added to July
Grading submission. It was also agreed that "profile" players known to be abroad or
emigrated will not be accepted in first 17 names, but will be added extra in the event
of them returning during the year.

Downtheroad

Quote from: Saint 1963 on September 22, 2017, 01:47:38 PM
Objection thrown out!
I would be curious as to why it was thrown out. It could be on a technicality rather than the byelaw. I suppose  we have to wait and see. The reality is that he was either regarded or not. If he was regraded then there is no problem otherwise the rules are a farce.

The Monument Road

Quote from: Downtheroad on September 22, 2017, 02:34:01 PM
Quote from: Saint 1963 on September 22, 2017, 01:47:38 PM
Objection thrown out!
I would be curious as to why it was thrown out. It could be on a technicality rather than the byelaw. I suppose  we have to wait and see. The reality is that he was either regarded or not. If he was regraded then there is no problem otherwise the rules are a farce.

Question is do you have to be regraded.

Don Draper

Quote from: Saint 1963 on September 22, 2017, 02:25:21 PM
Would be surprised if that's not the case. Which would make you wonder why Portlaoise didn't fight it. Not too late yet I suppose!
Why would they fight it, he said himself the County Board told them he was ineligible?

clonadmad

A complete contradiction to what was told to Parkinson earlier in the year.

The issue resides with Croke Park not the County Board

Saint 1963

Don do you believe the County Board are infallible?

The Monument Road

From the official rule book

Inter-Club Junior
Subject to the Restrictions set out in Rules 6.17 and
6.22(c), all players are eligible to participate in Inter-
Club Junior Grade except:
(a) Those who are currently graded as Club Senior or
Intermediate Championship status in the Code.
Was Garvan named in his clubs first 17 this year and is he deemed a senior player
(b) Those who are excluded from Junior status by
County Bye-Law, consequent on their having
played on the winning team in the previous
year's County Senior, Intermediate or Junior
Championship Final

The Monument Road

Quote from: Pablo Escobar on September 21, 2017, 09:10:25 PM
Quote from: SCFC on September 20, 2017, 05:06:01 PM
Quote from: clonadmad on September 20, 2017, 03:40:43 PM
Objection lodged by Park to Joseph's fielding an ineligible player (Garvan)
Pathetic if true.

Not Pathetic at all. If its true the book should be thrown at them. What goes around comes around.
Pablo, seems anything St Josephs bugs you to the core. Move on babe, your issues earlier in the year with them were resolved and is now history.

BobbyBoucherJr

So woolly can play in the Intermediate Final then?  ;D

Don Draper

Quote from: BobbyBoucherJr on September 22, 2017, 04:29:18 PM
So woolly can play in the Intermediate Final then?  ;D
What a good news story that would be!