Laois Intermediate Football Championship 2017

Started by The PRO, July 26, 2017, 04:40:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The PRO

Can see wins for Emo, Rock, Timahoe and Portlaoise in the first round.

Dave like the tv channel

Quote from: The PRO on July 26, 2017, 04:40:50 PM
Can see wins for Emo, Rock, Timahoe and Portlaoise in the first round.

Nearly agree with you - The Rock had a poor league. Emo, Courtwood, Timahoe, Portlaoise.

Losers: Annanough, The Rock, Rosenallis, Barrowhouse.

SCFC

Anyone at any of the games?
Courtwood v The Rock was OK. Nothing too exciting.
The Rock kicked a lot of wides. But to balance that Courtwood missed an open goal through Kinsella. No real standout players but you can see the class of Donogher every time he gets the ball.
The Rock could be in real relegation trouble now. Looks them or Barrowhouse to go down for me.
Emo's championship to lose it seems. Timahoe gone back a long way.

Dave like the tv channel

Rosenallis were the surprise of the round. Timahoe in the back door will be bad news for Annanough. Barrowhouse & The Rock will be delighted to get each other.

town1980

im very disapointed with malachy for playing kevin fitzpatrick its takes him away from the intermediate set up and he will play little or no football for the rest of the year,all is not well in the portlaoise camp over him taking lads who wont feature senior wise  and now as i said will get no game time,,emo for me for the title now unless timahoe mount some sort of recovery but i dont think they will they seem to be poor at the minute

High Fielder

Is this not the problem in Portlaoise all the time? You have enough to win a Senior and nothing else seems to matter. There are too many players falling by the wayside and no real pressure from the Intermediate team on the Senior players. In my opinion, Portlaoise as a club should have achieved a lot more outside of Laois than it has. No disrespect to Malachy, but they have enough quality without any coach to win any match in Laois.

Laois fan

Couldnt understand kevin coming on ,game was already won at that stage.whats story with rogers is ge finished with seniors again

Zooming around

Quote from: Laois fan on July 31, 2017, 03:54:39 PM
Couldnt understand kevin coming on ,game was already won at that stage.whats story with rogers is ge finished with seniors again

Rogers was finished years ago.

SCFC

Quote from: Zooming around on July 31, 2017, 04:47:26 PM

How many years ago? He has 10 or 11 senior medals!!

town1980

High fielder I agree with you I actually don't think mal is progressing us at all and from where I was sitting a lot of the panel were angry with his decisions one of the panel members refused to go on as he wanted to play intermediate and not be used for ten mins and his football done for the year, and mal got very smart with him I heard it yards away and this is my own club I'm giving out about,,o dempseys game is the tie of the round one which will be hard to call

Zooming around

Quote from: SCFC on July 31, 2017, 06:34:46 PM
Quote from: Zooming around on July 31, 2017, 04:47:26 PM

How many years ago? He has 10 or 11 senior medals!!

Anyone from Portlaoise could have 10/11 medals they were so strong. He was finished as a decent footballer a long time ago. Total waste of good talent.

High Fielder

Quote from: town1980 on July 31, 2017, 09:05:10 PM
High fielder I agree with you I actually don't think mal is progressing us at all and from where I was sitting a lot of the panel were angry with his decisions one of the panel members refused to go on as he wanted to play intermediate and not be used for ten mins and his football done for the year, and mal got very smart with him I heard it yards away and this is my own club I'm giving out about,,o dempseys game is the tie of the round one which will be hard to call

I think a lot more emphasis needs to be put on your second team. Realistically, you should have two Senior strength teams. It's a funny set up in Portlaoise. You know a lot better than me how it works, but it all looks a bit too laid back at times. The Intermediate and Juinor teams often give the impression that nobody is really over them, which to me seems mad because any coach should want to be over such natural footballers. I understand the frustration of not getting football for the rest of the year, but surely everyone wants to play for the Seniors. Is it possible that the Intermediates is a place to go when you're not wanting to commit fully? I still feel you're far too strong for Laois. Lack of good backs, a ball winning midfielder and killer instinct still the main issues

Don Draper

Quote from: town1980 on July 31, 2017, 09:05:10 PM
You've some f**king neck to having cuts off Malachy McNulty, you thundering **** of a man. I hope someone opens you up.

town1980

why are you using langauage like that ??its my own club im talking about im just relaying what happened saturday evening and yes as a town man im really pissed off with using kevin fitz and him wanting to use more intermediates when the game was clearly over and there was no need for it so whats your problem,this is my opinion,i seen how close and how well kevin played last year on the intermediate side he is a big driving force in getting them to win the competition and now what he wont get a look in for the next few weeks,i agree everyone wants to play senior but he has it all done finals won played in a hell of amount of them and i no as silly as it sounds if he had a chance to play with the intermediates in a final it would have meant the world to him at nearly 40 years of age,so yes i am pissed off with the situation and i no a hell of amount of lads are so keep your sillly language to yourself

Don Draper

Quote from: town1980 on August 01, 2017, 09:38:03 AM
why are you using langauage like that ??its my own club im talking about im just relaying what happened saturday evening and yes as a town man im really pissed off with using kevin fitz and him wanting to use more intermediates when the game was clearly over and there was no need for it so whats your problem,this is my opinion,i seen how close and how well kevin played last year on the intermediate side he is a big driving force in getting them to win the competition and now what he wont get a look in for the next few weeks,i agree everyone wants to play senior but he has it all done finals won played in a hell of amount of them and i no as silly as it sounds if he had a chance to play with the intermediates in a final it would have meant the world to him at nearly 40 years of age,so yes i am pissed off with the situation and i no a hell of amount of lads are so keep your sillly language to yourself
Kevin Fitz is big enough and ugly enough to look after himself. If he didn't want to play senior, he wouldn't. He's earned the right to do whatever he likes in a Portlaoise jersey, and doesn't need you to fight his battles.

You on the other hand go around here speaking ill and telling baseless rumours about a gentleman like Malachy McNulty, you should be shot with balls of your own shit. f**k off, I'm done with you.