Laois Intermediate Football Championship 2017

Started by The PRO, July 26, 2017, 04:40:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keyser Söze

The story above (about a sub refusing to go on) I heard from a very reliable source.
Whatever way it reflects on Malachy McNulty, (and managers will often try to build up large panels for their own selfish reasons- and you have to be selfish to win), it does indicate that all is not smooth sailing in the Portlaoise camp/club! But then I suppose this could be said of any club!
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled.......

town1980

don your a clown so keyser soze also heard it but i actually seen it so its not baseless,you actually sound like a right clown

Unlaoised

Quote from: town1980 on August 01, 2017, 12:00:34 PM
don your a clown so keyser soze also heard it but i actually seen it so its not baseless,you actually sound like a right clown

I heard this as well I aslo heard a few of the 2nd team weren't happy with Mal trying to get them to play...

I can see both points of view.

Its a pity Portlaoise with Fitzy and a few more would have given the intermediate a right rattle.Then again who's to say they wouldn't have lost them against O'Dempseys anyway.

The language used here is terrible please keep that away from this Laois board.

I know your right in saying Mal is a gentleman etc but if thats what happened it happened it happens in most of the bigger clubs in hurling and football.

I think Rosenallis will be there or there abouts for this title yet but Timahoe and Emo should have a big say yet.

I wonder will being in with clonaslee affect the usually solid Annanough boys(nearly at least a semi every year)

LAOIS ABÚ

Keyser Söze

To be honest I'd rather see anyone that Portlaoise (or any other second team) win an Intermediate/Senior A title in either code. It would mean f**k all to them in comparison to the effect it would have on any of the other clubs involved.
It's not like Portlaoise's second team being strong will have any substantial overall benefit for football in the county.
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled.......

BobbyBoucherJr

I was close to the subs bench on Saturday and there was only 1 player that didnt want to come on because there was only 1 minute left on the clock, not 10 mins, the game was won at that stage. It made sense not to bring him on for 1 minute and lose him for the intermediates. I dont think the management realised what they were doing, even though they should have. They had to be told to bring Chichi back on instead

I thought it was strange bringing Kevin Fitz on alright as he had no impact on the match and it would have made more sense to move Bruno around to try and get him into the game.

The PRO

Emo are probably odds on to win this.
Even though Rosenallis beat Timahoe last week, Timahoe if they get Sean Ram, Damien O'Connor and that Lennon lad back, are the only team who might stop them.
Rosenallis are OK but not good enough to win this.
Portlaoise second team isn't as strong as last year's and I'd rule them out.
Courtwood without Luttrell and Doyle won't have enough. Could reach semi.
Annanough unlucky to draw Timahoe in the losers section. Probably looking at a relegation play off.
And The Rock or Barrowhouse will join them in that. Hard to call that game. The winners won't go much further, the losers could well be edged out by Annanough's experience provided they're not distracted by senior commitments.

BallyroanAbu

Happens all the time,  if they don't want to play Senior don't tog out.

SCFC

I'm going for Emo to beat Portlaoise second team by around 8 points. Portlaoise obviously have no interest in the intermediate this year.
Barrowhouse to sneak a win over The Rock tonight. The Rock are aging and haven't shown any signs of being able to win a game this year.
Rosenallis to beat Courtwood. Courtwood weren't great against a poor Rock team. It should be close but confidence will be high in Rosenallis.
Timahoe to edge Annanough. Word is Timahoe are going to be missing a lot of key players for this game including Quigley. Normally, I'd expect them to easily beat their neighbours but it could be a close one.

The PRO

Super game in Port tonight. Rosenallis 3-13 Courtwood 0-19.
Courtwood were dead and buried at half time, 9 or 10 points down and nearly pulled off a great comeback.
Rosenallis are very impressive really. Young, fast and can score. The worry for them would be conceding 19 points to a Courtwood attack that probably isn't as good as Emo's.

SCFC

Should be wins for Timahoe and Portlaoise this weekend.
Can't see Emo being beaten by anyone.

SCFC

Rosenallis found out last night. They got lucky beating an understrength Timahoe in round one.

From the Terrace

Portlaoise looked good will be decent final. Emo lucky to win the other one, there centre back should of being sent off under nose of the ref midway through the second half. With evan costello to comeback for them you'd imagine they'll do it. A good game in the rain.

SCFC

Should be a decent final this evening.
Wouldn't rule out Portlaoise. They always have decent footballers all over the field. But I'm saying that Emo to win by 3 points or so.

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Winners are not those who never fail, but those who never quit!

BobbyBoucherJr

Colin Finn had his red card rescinded I heard and is available tonight. Any word on the Byrne chap from ballylinan, I assume they appealed it.