Laois Senior Football Championship 2016

Started by Heshs Umpire, March 04, 2016, 10:32:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keyser Söze

Quote from: SCFC on September 23, 2016, 10:10:54 PM
Quote from: Keyser Söze on September 23, 2016, 10:09:40 PM
Quote from: SCFC on September 23, 2016, 10:05:50 PM
Portlaoise pretty awesome tonight.
1-4 to 0-1 down going into first half injury time having played with a storm. Won the rest of the game
0-11 to 0-1!!

Just to be clear- Portlaoise had the wind in the first half?
Jesus that's some position Joseph's were in so!
Correct. They couldn't push on and win it. Too defensive. Didn't go for it.

Whatever Joseph's did or didn't do that is still some comeback!
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled.......

Helix

Over to Arles Kileen to try stop Portlaoise now for 10 in a row. All about taking Donie Kingston out of game who for me has been one of the players of championship.
Eoin Buggie from Stradbally also been excellent and is worth a call up when Laois seniors reconvene.
It's hardly possible to build anything if frustration, bitterness and a mood of helplessness prevail

LaoisHeart

as a big fan of laois football and especially Portlaoise as to what they have achieved this ranks up there with their best performance to come back from 6 down against that breeze.  Credit Malachy and the lads.

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Laois Senior Football Semi-Finals:

O Moore Park.   2-10-2016

14:00.   Crettyard Gaels v  Stradbally     
15:30.   Arles/Killeen v  Portlaoise

Winners are not those who never fail, but those who never quit!

Laoiseabu

Can't see past a Portlaoise Stradbally final

LaoisHeart

Already have my Sunday planned out sitting in the stand and can see Portlaoise by 7 points and Stradbally by 9.

Don Draper

Stradbally would do well to be wary of Crettyard, especially with the Ballinakill boys to fall back in.

les Antiques

Dont think the Cretty Stradbally match will be that straightforward . The Town are due a big big performance .Whether it happens this weekend remains to be seen . By all accounts Killeen have been targeting this match for a while . Is James Mahon suspended for this ?

portlaoisekid

It'll be very tight between portlaoise and killeen, killeen  fancy their chances quite naturally. I'm not actually sure where Portlaoise are at TBH as I don't think they have played that well this year  but from chatting to a couple of people involved, the half time break versus Joseph's was pretty epic in the portlaoise dressing room and it could be the real kick start to this championship for Portlaoise. 

Portlaoise by 3points I think and stradbally by at least 5 points .

Unlaoised

I fancy Kileen to overturn the Town its just a gut feeling I have!
LAOIS ABÚ

BallyroanAbbey

considering that portlaoise bet killen by 5 or 6 a few weeks ago without healy i cant see how they will overturn the town this time.
Crettyard from what i know wont play the ballinakill lads bar the 2 who started the last two matches and the sub they had as a number of them who were due to start never showed up before the ballyfin game and never informed management they wouldnt be showing up beforehand, regardless I think stradbally will win this handy enough.

While I do think that Portlaoise will win the 10th title I think this may be the first year they will have properly been tested in Laois, weather thats from the other clubs improving, Portlaoise slipping or a combination of both remains to be seen, and probably wont be known until the leinster campaign

BallyroanAbu

Baby King and Donie Brennan did not play against Portlaoise first day.  I think Killeen and stradbally

Ballyroan Abbey

I think at this stage its nieve enough to not back portlaoise seeing as they have given no reason to doubt them (in laois anyway), one loss in 10 years (by a point when they were missing 3 starters who were concentrating on hurling) says it all. I fo feel though that the gap has been closed a bit this year and they will get caught in the next few years, but i cant see it being this year

High Fielder

Hard to see anything other than a tenth title for Portlaoise on what we saw today. Portlaoise won comfortably and always gave the impression there was another gear if needed. I don't think we've seen them properly cut loose yet, and maybe we won't in Laois. They probably don't need to show their full hand in Laois, but I'm not sure that works for them either. Either way, they have many different scoring options, whilst Killeen seemed happy to rely on one. Killeen would probably be relegation material without the Kingstons. That is how much they rely on them, Donal in particular. Someone needs to cop on down there, and in Kilcruise. A bit of bitterness isn't a problem. Stupidity is though.

Progress for Stradbally, who are this years best of the rest. Not near or next to good enough I would have thought to beat Portlaoise, but good luck to them. Stranger things have happened. Saddest sight of the day was watching Evan O'Carroll hobble around trying his best. Not right really, but the lad still deserves credit.

Helix

It was bad form today in O Moore Park today that with such a decent crowd and triple header that there were no medical/paramedic personnel designated. The county stewards very slow to bring a stretcher onto field for Crettyard player who was clearly in agony at the end. Similar incident in Intermediate final on Friday night where Timahoe player carried off to sideline by own players.

Portlaoise very comfortable and should be goo for 10 in a row.
It's hardly possible to build anything if frustration, bitterness and a mood of helplessness prevail