Laois Under 21 football team 2016

Started by SCFC, January 04, 2016, 09:37:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

les Antiques

Yes a pretty decent squad indeed . Saying that Louth away on the 24th will give us a proper indication of how far this team will go there this year . Championship is a different ball game but the sounds out of the camp are good !

Unlaoised

Quote from: les Antiques on February 03, 2016, 01:59:20 PM
Yes a pretty decent squad indeed . Saying that Louth away on the 24th will give us a proper indication of how far this team will go there this year . Championship is a different ball game but the sounds out of the camp are good !

Louth away never an easy game at any age group in football
LAOIS ABÚ

Gmac

Quote from: Unlaoised on February 03, 2016, 04:29:17 PM
Quote from: les Antiques on February 03, 2016, 01:59:20 PM

Louth away never an easy game at any age group in football
exactly this is a huge problem we have in Laos thinking we are better than all these other counties in around the same level we are but doing nothing on the field to prove it. A team like laois should play every game with a huge chip on their shoulder not looking past any team ,example worrying about a home draw against Dublin before we have Wicklow played.
Best investment county board could make is a motivational/ head doctor to talk and prepare all players from u16!up. Reality check we have been beaten by 4 div 4 teams in the last few years it's time to realize what we are doing is not working,

redsetanta

Team names for Wednesday's game up in Louth.

1.  Aaron Cooney                                                                St Joseph's Barrowhouse

2.  Liam Knowles                                                                 Stradbally Parish Gaels

3.  Adam Campion                                                              St Joseph's Barrowhouse

4.  Eoin Buggie                                                                    Stradbally Parish Gaels

5.  Trevor Collins                                                                 Graiguecullen

6.  Robbie Dowling                                                              The Heath

7.  Daniel O'Reilly                                                               Graiguecullen   

8.  Brian Daly                                                                      St Joseph's Barrowhouse

9.  Nigel Murphy                                                                 Emo Courtwood The Rock

10.  Danny Hickey                                                               St Joseph's Barrowhouse

11.  Evan O'Carroll                                                             Killeshin Crettyard

12.  Aaron Dowling                                                             Emo Courtwood The Rock

13.  Colm Murphy                                                               Portarlington

14.  Eoin Lowry (C)                                                              Killeshin Crettyard

15.  Seán Moore                                                                 Sarsfields
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

Unlaoised

Suprising there is Only one Sarsfields man on it as they were very unlucky to loose to Portlaoise in the Semi in rathenskia last year I thought them and Portlaoise would offer more players
LAOIS ABÚ

The Monument Road

Quote from: Unlaoised on February 22, 2016, 02:22:29 PM
Suprising there is Only one Sarsfields man on it as they were very unlucky to loose to Portlaoise in the Semi in rathenskia last year I thought them and Portlaoise would offer more players
I didnt see the Sarsfield/Portlaise semi but i did see the final and Portlaoise were totally trounced by that Josephs/Barrowhouse combination and no Portlaoise player stood out. Then again are those portlaoise players you might alude to be over age for this year. I dont really know the Sarsfield players that could have been considered.. One big surprise for me is the omission of the Joes/BH full forward Michael Keogh. He completely destroyed anyone who tried to mark him in last years u21 local championship. Also i am worried about our goalkeeper as he is a small (in height) keeper. Is that goalie from Mountmellick who played sigerson with UCD still u21.....

Shapes Ex Laoistalk

Quote from: The Monument Road on February 22, 2016, 02:54:09 PM
I didnt see the Sarsfield/Portlaise semi but i did see the final and Portlaoise were totally trounced by that Josephs/Barrowhouse combination and no Portlaoise player stood out. Then again are those portlaoise players you might alude to be over age for this year. I dont really know the Sarsfield players that could have been considered.. One big surprise for me is the omission of the Joes/BH full forward Michael Keogh. He completely destroyed anyone who tried to mark him in last years u21 local championship. Also i am worried about our goalkeeper as he is a small (in height) keeper. Is that goalie from Mountmellick who played sigerson with UCD still u21.....

I understand Dean Cullen and Ciaran McEvoy (from Portlaoise) both declined to be part of the panel.

I completely agree re Michael Keogh - but then it's great to have a player like that off the bench.

Eoghan Keogh is overage. The sub keeper Joe Walsh is of a similar stature to Cooney though so there isn't much option and he certainly will need protection.

Mock

Don't worry too much lads about the size of our keepers, I have seen both play and they are well able to command their area and look after them self's, Keogh a bit of a surprise alright but good quality team none the less. Best of luck to them on Wednesday

Unlaoised

Quote from: Shapes Ex Laoistalk on February 22, 2016, 03:43:41 PM

Is that Joe walsh from the heath??

He is a decent Keeper alright plays in goals for abbeyleix A team in soccer!

I understand Dean Cullen and Ciaran McEvoy (from Portlaoise) both declined to be part of the panel.

I completely agree re Michael Keogh - but then it's great to have a player like that off the bench.

Eoghan Keogh is overage. The sub keeper Joe Walsh is of a similar stature to Cooney though so there isn't much option and he certainly will need protection.
LAOIS ABÚ

Lake County

Keogh is overage. Any of you lads have a clue at all? I suppose Colm Parkinson should tog out with the minors too!!!

Quote from: Unlaoised on February 22, 2016, 04:25:01 PM

Hospital Pass

Quote from: Lake County on February 22, 2016, 05:20:48 PM

Keogh is overage. Any of you lads have a clue at all? I suppose Colm Parkinson should tog out with the minors too!!!

Nonsense post.
yes Keogh is overage. The reason their is very few Sarsfields players in the squad monument road is because last years team is now nearly all overage.

Shapes Ex Laoistalk

Quote from: Unlaoised on February 22, 2016, 04:25:01 PM

Yes Unloaised, that's him alright! Played in goal for The Heath seniors this year too.

Mau5

Quote from: Lake County on February 22, 2016, 05:20:48 PM

http://www.laois-nationalist.ie/2013/05/10/laois-minor-football-team-announced/

Aye, he's overage...

Barney Army

Evin Keane,  Paddy O'Sullivan and Tom Shields injured? All 3 have senior experience and was expecting them to start og available

SCFC

Can't understand how Conor Hogan and Mikey Keogh don't start.