Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HalfBack7

Quote from: The Golden Years on June 19, 2018, 03:52:10 PM
I see the reserve championship starts friday night. Whats the rules this year with the reserve championship?  How is it decided who is eligible?

http://tyronegaa.ie/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/2018-Tyrone-CCC-Regulations.pdf

14. Players who play in any of the current years' Inter-County Senior Championship is not
eligible to play in the Reserve Knock-Out.
Penalty: Offending Team eliminated from competition

15. If a player has played in his clubs' last adult championship match, in which he is eligible to
play in the previous year, he is ineligible to play in this years' Reserve Knockout even if the
clubs' last adult championship game falls outside that competition year.

Keyboard Warrior

Quote from: Club boi on June 19, 2018, 03:26:12 PM
Quote from: Christmas Lights on June 19, 2018, 02:47:26 PM
Quote from: superstar_ on June 19, 2018, 12:16:18 PM
Quote from: WT4E on June 19, 2018, 11:14:43 AM
Quote from: omagh_gael on June 18, 2018, 12:29:58 PM
Couldn't make it yesterday as I was down the country. However, I don't think it was as tight as the scoreline suggests. Lough were 6 points up with 5 to play and Derrytresk scored 1-02 to tighten up the final score. All about the two points to keep the push for division one on.

We're down to play our game in hand (v Greencastle) on the 27th which will push us two clear if we win. Next scheduled games after that are on the 1st July. Does that mean there are no fixtures planned for this weekend?

Reserve championship on at the end of this week, we're playing Augher on Thursday evening. Any Augher men about to give us the low down? If STG still puts on the boots we could have an onfield chat about big Mickey Harte!

Div 2 starting to take a bit more shape. Greencastle in big diffs surprised they could only muster 2 points against their neighbours at the weekend (Gortin are going well though). They are missing some quality players and heard a rumour that they will return at the end of the summer so they maybe will be going to rely on strenghten the team for a relegation playoff.

Kildress seemed to have turned a bit of a corner with two hard fought draws recently but would be nice to get a win in the next game - hoping we can avoid the playoffs and with two teams below us still to play I think we will - How many points would guarantee safety 11 or 12 probably?
Greencastle only scored their two points in injury time from two handy frees that Sean Hurson gave. Serious problems going on with them and out of all the teams near the bottom they look the most out of form. Be very lucky to survive a play off if things don't improve quickly.

Look on the brightside, they can win another Junior all ireland next season if they go down.

Oh here comes the sm@rt@rses with the usual comment. You must be from a privileged club which never struggles. I doubt that was Greencastle or anyones "big plans" for the year - sure lets get relegated and win a lesser Championship next year

I thought Greencastle didn't consider their Junior All-Ireland as lesser?

Degrassi Hi

After the recent debate over starred rounds here's what the league table looks like after 4 rounds played without county men. 

(Teams with county men in bold)

Division 1
Errigal Ciaran 8
Donaghmore 7
Carrickmore 6
Coalisland 6
Dromore 6
Omagh 6
Ardboe 5
Clonoe 4
Killyclogher 4
Derrylaughan 3
Galbally 3
Pomeroy 2
Moy 2
Trillick 2
Aghyaran 0
Edendork 0

Division 2
Cookstown 7
Gortin 7
Owen Roes 7
Dungannon 6
Eglish 6
Augher 5
Loughmacrory 5
Strabane 5
Kildress 4
Moortown 4
Tattyreagh 4
Stewartstown 1
Urney 1
Aghaloo 0
Derrytresk 0
Greencastle 0

outsideoftheboot

Pomeroy trillick and aghyaran all struggle without their county men. Other teams have a wee bit more depth to their panel such as errigal or coalisland. Good to see owen roes doing well without cathal McShane especially in division 2.

Oghams Law

The current system of matching teams against each other purely on the basis of numbers of county men is flawed.
1. Not all county men are of equal ability
2. Some teams have larger panels and can better absorb the loss of couny men.

A system using a table of performance in starred games from the previous year would work better even if it meant teams with no county men playing teams with 2 or 3

WT4E

Quote from: Oghams Law on June 22, 2018, 09:44:44 AM
The current system of matching teams against each other purely on the basis of numbers of county men is flawed.

A system using a table of performance in starred games from the previous year would work better even if it meant teams with no county men playing teams with 2 or 3

Also you get the bounce if you have a county player who walks away from the panel e.g. McCurry. Actually heard some people say that county players who have walked away in recent years have made their decisions but hang on until the fixtures are announced!

SkillfulBill

Quote from: WT4E on June 22, 2018, 10:16:41 AM
Quote from: Oghams Law on June 22, 2018, 09:44:44 AM

Also you get the bounce if you have a county player who walks away from the panel e.g. McCurry. Actually heard some people say that county players who have walked away in recent years have made their decisions but hang on until the fixtures are announced!

How's that working out for Edendork the year then 0 pts from 4 Star games

Goals_Will_Come

For all the early talk about the performances and results that Edendork were getting they find themselves right in the relegation picture. And with a few men in America they are right in the thick of it.

WT4E

Whilst the county rolls on we come to a key weekend in the club calendar this weekend. Alot of sorting out in all 3 divisions will be done after this week before the extended break. (presuming Tyrone make Super 8's)

If we can win our derby against Greencastle (aka the billygoats) on Sunday we should be safe enough in division 2 (provided Lough can beat them in the re-fixture tomorrow night). Greencastle have been poor this year but I am worried going into this match as they will see it as a major fixture in the calendar in their attempt to survive and we haven't had a great record against them in recent times. I have also heard that some of the cavalry have arrived back - 3 or 4 including Red John don't know how true that is though. Anyone confirm?

Saying all that I feel our lads can take them as we have been much improved recently.

omagh_gael

Hopefully we can do the business tomorrow evening, although or squad is threadbare at the minute. Serious bad run with injuries recently.

I see Greencastle are donating the gate to the air ambulance charity, good idea.

Dire Ear

omagh_gael

Quote from: Dire Ear on June 27, 2018, 11:07:34 PM
Castle 0-0 Lough 2-4

Jaysis, that's a bit harsh. They got 6 points ;)

Great win fr our lads this evening, we're really down to our bare bones with injuries so if we can get to the break with another 2 points Aghaloo we'll be well placed for 2nd spot.

Only got up to catch the 2nd half and it was nervy enough until we got our 2nd goal just before 60mins.

Goals_Will_Come

Quote from: omagh_gael on June 27, 2018, 11:32:16 PM
Castle 0-0 Lough 2-4

Great win fr our lads this evening, we're really down to our bare bones with injuries so if we can get to the break with another 2 points Aghaloo we'll be well placed for 2nd spot.

Only got up to catch the 2nd half and it was nervy enough until we got our 2nd goal just before 60mins.
Yous just not missing Antoin Fox?

Dire Ear

Castle 0-0 Lough 2-4

Apologies, I'll blame my fat fingers........ :)

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: Goals_Will_Come on June 28, 2018, 04:09:46 AM
Castle 0-0 Lough 2-4

Yous just not missing Antoin Fox?

From previous games I think LMC have 4 x injured/ missing (Fox, Maciduslkus, Damian McAleer and Aodhan Donaghey) and 1 x suspended from last night's game. I would have thought with the games being thick and fast at this stage of the season, most teams would have 3-6 missing?
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone