American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZOffaly

Quote from: magpie seanie on February 09, 2018, 09:26:17 AM
Quote from: gallsman on February 08, 2018, 07:07:21 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on February 08, 2018, 07:02:56 PM
Quote from: gallsman on February 08, 2018, 07:00:43 PM
Serious number of trades in the NBA today before the deadline. Wade, Rose, Thomas all gone from Cleveland.

Are they folding up the tents? I heard they lost 13 of their last 17 or something mad like that.

They've been shite recently but had an epic win last night where LeBron blocked a shot and made the game winner in the final 1.5 seconds.

They're trying to fix things and get one more shot at winning now but I'm not sure today's moves do that for them. They'll struggle to win the East at this stage.

In overtime after he had missed the chance top win it in normal time.
Jonny Sextonesque

magpie seanie

Quote from: AZOffaly on February 09, 2018, 09:29:28 AM
Quote from: magpie seanie on February 09, 2018, 09:26:17 AM
Quote from: gallsman on February 08, 2018, 07:07:21 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on February 08, 2018, 07:02:56 PM
Quote from: gallsman on February 08, 2018, 07:00:43 PM
Serious number of trades in the NBA today before the deadline. Wade, Rose, Thomas all gone from Cleveland.

Are they folding up the tents? I heard they lost 13 of their last 17 or something mad like that.

They've been shite recently but had an epic win last night where LeBron blocked a shot and made the game winner in the final 1.5 seconds.

They're trying to fix things and get one more shot at winning now but I'm not sure today's moves do that for them. They'll struggle to win the East at this stage.

In overtime after he had missed the chance top win it in normal time.
Jonny Sextonesque

Indeed but the hoopla surrounding LeBron, super player and all the he is, annoys me. I don't think he deserves it all.

gallsman

One of the most ridiculous statements you've ever come out with Seanie.

If you look at MVP voting, LeBron gets seriously UNDERRATED precisely because he's that good.

Minder

Great player, seems like a total dick though
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

magpie seanie

Quote from: gallsman on February 09, 2018, 11:02:41 AM
One of the most ridiculous statements you've ever come out with Seanie.

If you look at MVP voting, LeBron gets seriously UNDERRATED precisely because he's that good.

What are you talking about? Do you think he should be MVP this season? Maybe he'll win it next season if he joins GSW so he can win another championship.

The above was an opinion, not a statement.

gallsman

This year? At this point, no. There were several years when he should have won it and wasn't given it - Rose, Durant etc.

He's the only player who has come within an ass's roar of touching Jordan's greatness and you don't buy the "hoopla" surrounding. It's your opinion, yes. It's also complete bollocks.

Gabriel_Hurl

I've seen it all now hahahaha

magpie seanie

Quote from: gallsman on February 09, 2018, 01:24:33 PM
This year? At this point, no. There were several years when he should have won it and wasn't given it - Rose, Durant etc.

He's the only player who has come within an ass's roar of touching Jordan's greatness and you don't buy the "hoopla" surrounding. It's your opinion, yes. It's also complete bollocks.

The minimum you'd expect when you're having an argument, or being attacked by someone, is that they'd actually read your words. I said I didn't like the hoopla surrounding LeBron. Comparisons with Jordan? Give me a break.

gallsman

Comparisons with Jordan perfectly valid. Like I said, as brilliant as he is, because he's that good and a bit of a p***k, he actually gets underrated.

Syferus

Lebron is a way more talented player than Jordan, physically he is a total freak of nature. As an all-round player it's a much murkier discussion.

Therealdonald

Quote from: Syferus on February 09, 2018, 03:34:31 PM
Lebron is a way more talented player than Jordan, physically he is a total freak of nature. As an all-round player it's a much murkier discussion.

Name something that Lebron can do that MJ couldn't? Is Lebron indefinitely even better than Kobe?

Gabriel_Hurl

Not get suspended for betting

Therealdonald

Must have missed the NBA banning him for gambling.....

Therealdonald

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on February 09, 2018, 06:21:42 PM

Hearsat Gabriel...pure hearsay...No denying Lebron being a mercenary though