Connacht Senior Championship 2018

Started by Rossfan, May 02, 2018, 11:14:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

screenexile

Quote from: trileacman on June 17, 2018, 04:58:45 PM
Quote from: joemamas on June 17, 2018, 04:42:27 PM
I know it is only halftime but you wonder wtf is Kevin Walsh doing tactically.  Shambles

I have good forwards, I have a very strong wind and ah sure let's play with 12 back behind the Ball.

Roscommon to their credit are playing very well and deserving of their lead.

Roscommon have 13 behind the ball on several occasions in that half as Marty pointed out. Their big problem is that Galway are not settled or composed inside and they're not marking tight enough in defence. Tactically there's no great difference in the two sides. Ros are finishing more clinically and making the right decisions on the ball.

12 and 13 at the back is fine but counts for nothing if you can't pressure the ball. That's Brolly's gripe with the zonal defence and he does have a point. Roscommon have played well in the eat half will be interesting to see what changes in the second half of anything!

trileacman

Quote from: screenexile on June 17, 2018, 05:02:34 PM
I know it is only halftime but you wonder wtf is Kevin Walsh doing tactically.  Shambles

I have good forwards, I have a very strong wind and ah sure let's play with 12 back behind the Ball.

Roscommon have 13 behind the ball on several occasions in that half as Marty pointed out. Their big problem is that Galway are not settled or composed inside and they're not marking tight enough in defence. Tactically there's no great difference in the two sides. Ros are finishing more clinically and making the right decisions on the ball.

12 and 13 at the back is fine but counts for nothing if you can't pressure the ball. That's Brolly's gripe with the zonal defence and he does have a point. Roscommon have played well in the eat half will be interesting to see what changes in the second half of anything!

Brolly was full of shit. He said Ros were playing like Kerry and had his usual personal attack on individuals, only Gooch tried to analyse the game. Colm got in his "ah it wasn't like this in my day" routine so he'll collect the paycheck for another week.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

Farrandeelin

Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

screenexile

Quote from: trileacman on June 17, 2018, 05:06:20 PM
Quote from: screenexile on June 17, 2018, 05:02:34 PM

Brolly was full of shit. He said Ros were playing like Kerry and had his usual personal attack on individuals, only Gooch tried to analyse the game. Colm got in his "ah it wasn't like this in my day" routine so he'll collect the paycheck for another week.

He's wrong about plenty but his point about the zonal defence and Galway not putting any pressure on the ball carrier was bang on. The personal attacks are a bit much I agree.

Mayo4Sam

Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

Farrandeelin

bamboo

Galway streets ahead. roscommon with zero leaders on the field. No score from play in 2nd half, very poor.

Farrandeelin

Well done Galway. Turned on the style in 2nd half when chips were down. Roscommon have to improve in the round 4 game.

Crete Boom

Well done Galway, first team into the super 8's. Good commanding second half but you get the feeling it was down to Ross imploding rather than anything Galway did different from the first half. Bradshaw had a mighty game and seems to be playing his best football in a long time!!

joemamas

Will this guy ever shut up,
Connacht council fella

Gael85

Tom Flynn man of match. Shane Walsh stepped up today and Armstrong made huge impact off bench. Roscommon kicked 4/5 bad wides 2 shots dropped short in second half. Also Roscommon didn't score from play in second half.

larryin89

Roscommon are in a bad place and all the bravado from posters in here cant paper over that.  Very limited side  overall.
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Tubberman

a poor show for connacht final.  massive opportunity for ros 2 in a row lost. Galway where they want to be, albeit still with major question marks over them
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

seafoid

Quote from: larryin89 on June 17, 2018, 05:51:54 PM
Roscommon are in a bad place and all the bravado from posters in here cant paper over that.  Very limited side  overall.
Poster
Hard luck to the rest of the posters. It's not nice losing a CF.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

GalwayBayBoy

That was a mighty win considering we had to overcome our own dismal first half tactics which put us in a hole and twice come from behind. I almost pulled my hair out when I saw us sitting back with a big wind at our backs. Shane Walsh was imperious. Everyone knows he has that talent. Just has to produce it more often.

Anyway, more later after a drink.