Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Na Glinntí Glasa

christ i can see very little there that has been achieved, i would love to see what excuses they have for each of those points for it not being done or at the min a progress report as to where they are.

Belfast GAA Urban Centre of Participation and Excellence that includes at least three new full-size pitches for club use in North and West Belfast - we cant even bloody fund our own development let alone another one!

At least two new full-size GAA pitches for use in the South and East Belfast - zero

Redevelopment of Casement Park to an appropriate standard for the main GAAs tadium in Ireland's second city - less said the better
hurl like f**k boi!

johnneycool

Quote from: Dunloy realist on May 22, 2015, 12:05:34 PM
christ i can see very little there that has been achieved, i would love to see what excuses they have for each of those points for it not being done or at the min a progress report as to where they are.

Belfast GAA Urban Centre of Participation and Excellence that includes at least three new full-size pitches for club use in North and West Belfast - we cant even bloody fund our own development let alone another one!

At least two new full-size GAA pitches for use in the South and East Belfast - zero

Redevelopment of Casement Park to an appropriate standard for the main GAAs tadium in Ireland's second city - less said the better

They're the big hitters that would need serious financial investment, but what about the simple organisational ones, requiring little financial investment, just a good structure and organisational skills?

•An increase in games participation of at least 20% by 2014
•A specific Belfast Continuing Professional Development programme for volunteerclub coaches
•Cross Club summer and Easter coaching camps
•City Based Development Squads
•Enhanced Club-School links through new coaching initiatives and programmes
•Programmes to attract new participations who traditionally would have no involvement in the GAA

•New group comprising of Belfast GAA club officials, Antrim, Down and Ulster GAA officials to drive the development of the GAA in Belfast
•At least two Development Officers to support Club officials in administration governance and ongoing club development
•A new Brand and Identity for the GAA in Belfast
•A "joined-up" club led approach to the overall development of the GAA in the City
•A strong GAA presence and linkage with all local government and relevant public bodies in the city.
•Specific Belfast GAA Club Development Seminars and Volunteer training events.

Na Glinntí Glasa

Def JC, agree totally. I would love to see their progress they have made on each of those points.

Have they had the increase in games participation by at least 20% last year? Hard to tell as i dont see all that many games in the city

A city based development squad? again ive no idea. I know theres a north antrim under age squad now which i think is a great idea.

To be fair i cant guess the rest at all but suffice to say not alot has been done which is disappointing.
hurl like f**k boi!

getevennotcross

See what I mean, accusatory, finger pointing and recrimination, but wait - what is somebody else doing about it??, tut, tut, tut.

As I also said, it needs a joined up, realistic and measurable strategic plan to develop hurling in Belfast and Antrim.  It also needs to be driven by physical and financial resources and an adept body to steer and be accountable for it!

All that side, we all all culpable are we not?

north_antrim_hound

Maybe some of the Belfast coahes posting on here can enlighten us if there was any liasonce between the  clubs and our county board on this plan
I get the feeling that the clubs don't trust or respect them and if that is the case why would croke park dish out on a programme doomed due to the fragmented landscape
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

getevennotcross

Quote from: north_antrim_hound on May 22, 2015, 02:21:25 PM
Maybe some of the Belfast coahes posting on here can enlighten us if there was any liasonce between the  clubs and our county board on this plan
I get the feeling that the clubs don't trust or respect them and if that is the case why would croke park dish out on a programme doomed due to the fragmented landscape
A fractured and disparate landscape at that, NAH!

Na Glinntí Glasa

Quote from: getevennotcross on May 22, 2015, 02:05:00 PM
See what I mean, accusatory, finger pointing and recrimination, but wait - what is somebody else doing about it??, tut, tut, tut.

As I also said, it needs a joined up, realistic and measurable strategic plan to develop hurling in Belfast and Antrim.  It also needs to be driven by physical and financial resources and an adept body to steer and be accountable for it!

Ive no idea whats being done about it but in 5 years ive never heard of anything thats on that list. If our CB has decided they would do this then i have to ask the question WTF did they do about it in 5 years? If they didnt then what were they doing in this time?

hurl like f**k boi!

getevennotcross

Quote from: Dunloy realist on May 22, 2015, 05:08:26 PM
Quote from: getevennotcross on May 22, 2015, 02:05:00 PM

Ive no idea whats being done about it but in 5 years ive never heard of anything thats on that list. If our CB has decided they would do this then i have to ask the question WTF did they do about it in 5 years? If they didnt then what were they doing in this time?
Totally agree with you DR, but again the point I am making is, if they done absolutely nothing with the plan, we need to take them to task and bring them to account.  Are all our clubs going to do that? - NO!

Are our clubs going to bury their heads in the sand as usual and re-elect them again? - YES

I reiterate, we are all culpable, each and everyone of us.  Any future new plan is also likely to sit on the shelf and accumulate dust, just like so many others.  We elect these individuals, we should also make them accountable, but do we? - NO.

Hurler24

Quote from: Sleeping giant on May 20, 2015, 12:28:31 PM
Quote from: Glensman on May 19, 2015, 11:40:05 PM
Quote from: Seamroga in exile on May 19, 2015, 07:56:38 PM
Quote from: Sleeping giant on May 19, 2015, 05:15:40 PM
Quote from: Dunloy realist on May 19, 2015, 04:57:29 PM
its all there is to do around lgiel to be fair lol :P
;D
"heaven"  8)

http://www.qradionetwork.com/qradio/north-coast/north-coast-news/q97-2-news/loughguile-named-one-of-the-best-places-to-live-in-the-countryside/

Would it be spectators at training or other juveniles/parents etc? Have to say there is nothing much better than passing a GAA ground wherever of a summer's evening and a pitch or pitches are full of different teams training away.

Loughgeil do seem to be getting up a head of steam.

A shame about Kevin McQuillan as a couple of years back he was flying.

Heard that quite a few from The Town might be headed Stateside and back for championship?

No McManus and Graffan for a couple of months might make some younger heads from the Dall step up?? Assume McManus back for championship and it will be a waiting game for Graffan?
kevin is a grand hurler no doubt and a miss to dunloy.   Am sure he'll be back at some stage.     I would think Neill and Aaron will both be back by championship.  Who's leaving Ballycastle for the lure of a summer away?     And finally.   We've always had a right few around watching trainings.  Nothing new.  Just somewhere to gather and yarn. Lol

Really really worried about us this year. We are losing 5 players (all of whom are key starters) as far as I know for extended periods over the summer from an already thin squad. The five players all live together in Belfast and have decided to head away before returning for championship

Sleeping giant

Who's for where?  Thankfully it's something that hasn't really ever effected us.  Hard to give out at the young fellas also though. 
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

north_antrim_hound

good luck to the lads tomorrow v carlow lets hope the christy ring isn't looming
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

Tony Baloney

Quote from: hardstation on May 23, 2015, 09:05:57 PM
Quote from: north_antrim_hound on May 23, 2015, 09:04:07 PM
good luck to the lads tomorrow v carlow lets hope the christy ring isn't looming
If he is we should put him on.
;D

BlacknAmber

Quote from: Hurler24 on May 23, 2015, 04:30:16 PM
Quote from: Sleeping giant on May 20, 2015, 12:28:31 PM
Quote from: Glensman on May 19, 2015, 11:40:05 PM
Quote from: Seamroga in exile on May 19, 2015, 07:56:38 PM
Quote from: Sleeping giant on May 19, 2015, 05:15:40 PM
Quote from: Dunloy realist on May 19, 2015, 04:57:29 PM
its all there is to do around lgiel to be fair lol :P
;D
"heaven"  8)

http://www.qradionetwork.com/qradio/north-coast/north-coast-news/q97-2-news/loughguile-named-one-of-the-best-places-to-live-in-the-countryside/

Would it be spectators at training or other juveniles/parents etc? Have to say there is nothing much better than passing a GAA ground wherever of a summer's evening and a pitch or pitches are full of different teams training away.

Loughgeil do seem to be getting up a head of steam.

A shame about Kevin McQuillan as a couple of years back he was flying.

Heard that quite a few from The Town might be headed Stateside and back for championship?

No McManus and Graffan for a couple of months might make some younger heads from the Dall step up?? Assume McManus back for championship and it will be a waiting game for Graffan?
kevin is a grand hurler no doubt and a miss to dunloy.   Am sure he'll be back at some stage.     I would think Neill and Aaron will both be back by championship.  Who's leaving Ballycastle for the lure of a summer away?     And finally.   We've always had a right few around watching trainings.  Nothing new.  Just somewhere to gather and yarn. Lol

Really really worried about us this year. We are losing 5 players (all of whom are key starters) as far as I know for extended periods over the summer from an already thin squad. The five players all live together in Belfast and have decided to head away before returning for championship

Hurler24 I've been really worried about us since AGM in December voted in our current management team.  The lads can't be faulted for wanting to take this opportunity.....hopefully they'll get summers worth of good coaching.

Leyland

Some serious questions needed asked in our club. The stories coming out from the senior camp at the minute are worrying to say the least. Seems to have been a major backward step taken by club. But I suppose when your club is run by dinosaurs what else can you expect.

I can only hope the players knuckle down themselves and try and lift the current gloom that has been created by all parties involved

Bonamargy

Half time scores in the Leinster Championship

Carlow 0-8 1-3 Antrim
Westmeath 0-10 0-6 Laois