The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

clareman

Me too. I got it as far as you have a 50:50 chance in the coin toss but I kind of got lost then....

Tyrones own

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/politics/AP/story/977736.html

Yes would you believe it :o.... beginning to think there's a hidden requirement that you must be a tax cheat
to be even considered for a post in this administration... FFS
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

Tyrones own

Even with the Corrections HB, your article, like mine leaves as many questions as it answers,
Perhaps the turbo tax cheat will be along any day now to quell our fears with an informative explanation ::)
  - Walter Lippmann

muppet

Quote from: Tyrones own on April 01, 2009, 04:23:42 AM
Even with the Corrections HB, your article, like mine leaves as many questions as it answers,
Perhaps the turbo tax cheat will be along any day now to quell our fears with an informative explanation ::)

How can someone post an article that needs corrections?

MWWSI 2017

Tyrones own

Good question...Perhaps the NY Times or the San Francisco Chronicle could answer that one for ye!
  - Walter Lippmann

muppet

Quote from: Tyrones own on April 01, 2009, 06:03:23 PM
Good question...Perhaps the NY Times or the San Francisco Chronicle could answer that one for ye!

There is a difference between writing an article and copying and pasting. How does the latter need corrections?
MWWSI 2017

heganboy

TO posted an article written by an investment guy- while interesting it was littered with mistakes, the next day the guy published a corrected version as well as some Q&A thats what I posted.

as for the "tax cheat" her crime was not submitting letters from charities she donated to,confirming the gift
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

Tyrones own

Quote from: heganboy on April 01, 2009, 06:33:09 PM
TO posted an article written by an investment guy- while interesting it was littered with mistakes, the next day the guy published a corrected version as well as some Q&A thats what I posted.

as for the "tax cheat" her crime was not submitting letters from charities she donated to,confirming the gift

Post the link to that, I'd like to read it..
  - Walter Lippmann

heganboy

that should read- one of her "crimes"

Tyrones own

Quote from: heganboy on April 01, 2009, 08:54:03 PM
that should read- one of her "crimes"

Ahh... that makes more sense, God Bless Fox News eh? Fair and balanced at #1 for 100 consecutive months now ;)
  - Walter Lippmann

heganboy

Actually TO- not slagging Fox news here at all. I do however have some fundamental issues with the tax regime here, it encourages folks to "forget". Any tax regimen that requires over 4000 pages to explain itself is flawed from the off. It also allows those folks who can afford it (obviously not democratic politicians) to pay smarter accountants to avoid tax payments. Avoidance is of course legal while evasion is however not.

And for the record, anyone who is standing for election that hasn't been audited deserves everything thats thrown at them if they haven't paid their bills.

I also object strongly to the fund raising activities and lobbyists and i've been very disappointed by the lack of progress here. However getting congress and senate to vote for the lobbying laws is like getting turkeys to vote for Christmas and Thanksgiving.

back to fatherly advice, anyone who wants to run for office should be prevented from doing so on that basis alone.

Tyrones own

I would agree with you on most all of that.... But putting Geitner in charge
of the Treasury is akin to putting the wolf in charge of the sheep! Pardon the pun :D

- Walter Lippmann

Tyrones own

http://www.cnn.com/2009/POLITICS/04/02/illinois.blagojevich/index.html?eref=rss_topstories

Great news, now if only they'd move on down the line...scumbags the lot of them >:(

*edit* Is Dodd looking like getting shown the gate as well? :)
  - Walter Lippmann

heganboy

if Dodd is as dumb as it looks like he is for that "irish cottage" then toss him out on his ear.

In fact given the times we're in, there's probably a case to be made for a very public tax or gift amnesty and then an opportunity to make amends by paying the right taxes and then anyone who takes advantage should be then be forced to stand for re-election against folks who have also gone through the same process.

Level the playing field

Tyrones own

Seriously lads... The joke that is this administration and it's liberal media machine has completely lost the run of themselves here with tons of noteworthy headline news :o going relatively unreported, yet not a peep out of any of ye.
Has the news wire stopped crossing the Atlantic or are ye finally that embarrassed by him?
Reading over some of the stuff on this and Hurls thread from 6 months ago does makes for some entertainment though!
  - Walter Lippmann