Another Kerry player fails a doping test

Started by Il Bomber Destro, May 28, 2017, 11:16:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

longballin

Kimmage is on the war path anyway.... tweet a few hours ago: Paul Kimmage‏ @PaulKimmage  2h2 hours ago
More
To all my GAA friends: Wake up and smell the caffeine. Because once the Genie is out of the bottle there's no putting it back.

Wildweasel74

bennydorano

Kimmage is a Dubs man, followed him long enough on Twitter to know he's a genuine love of the game & Dublin.

Jinxy

Kimmage isn't anti-gaa.
He's anti-doping.
I actually think he's approaching this issue in the context of saving the GAA before PEDs take hold in any significant way.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

bennydorano

John McEntee gives the subject both barrels in today's Irish News.  Subtle as a sledgehammer!

yellowcard

Quote from: bennydorano on June 08, 2017, 07:31:56 AM
John McEntee gives the subject both barrels in today's Irish News.  Subtle as a sledgehammer!

One of the few to actually broach the subject. It's almost as if it is a no go area with most GAA pundits who normally have an opinion on anything and everything. I could be wrong but I don't even think it got a mention on The Sunday Game other than for Tomas O'Se to say that he was a lovely fella. It's a bigger issue than just Brendan O'Sullivan, it has wider consequences for the sport and the safety of some of these products. The GAA/GPA have been very silent on the matter also. 

macdanger2

Was listening to some of the coverage on OTB podcast earlier and they made two points that I thought were interesting - firstly, while MHA isn't listed as an ingredient, if you do a search for the supplement, the first result doesn't list MHA as an ingredient but the 2nd, 3rd& 4th results do. Secondly, they were talking about how ludicrous it is that someone is given a supplement by the Kerry medical team, doesn't like the taste so instead of going back to the medical team, he decides to take advice from a gym buddy and buy something off his own bat.....gross stupidity at best

rosnarun

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on July 31, 2017, 11:53:53 AM
Quote from: bennydorano on July 31, 2017, 11:48:03 AM
http://m.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-games/gaa-doping-probe-launched-as-two-samples-vanish-on-way-to-laboratory-35983032.html

What's going on in Westmeath
surely its to the repondsility of the sport ireland/wada  tester to ensure the sample gets to the clinic
i dont see a role for westmeath or the GAA here . is this a case of a very misleading ant GAA headline or am i missing something?
is the courier company based in Westmeath?
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

Ball Hopper

http://m.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-games/gaa-doping-probe-launched-as-two-samples-vanish-on-way-to-laboratory-35983032.html

One would imagine that two samples are collected, A and B.  Surely to God nobody would ship both samples together?  If sample A goes missing, split sample B, under controlled conditions, and resubmit. 

Not that hard.

Jayop

Misleading dramatic headline as standard for the Indo. The responsibility for the samples has nothing to do with Westmeath once they have been provided. The GAA and the players have done nothing wrong here but that wouldn't get as many clicks.

had you asked about the other counties who had moved training and not alerted SI then that would have been a better story.

Jinxy

Food supplements used to gain muscle recalled due to 'serious health risk'
https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/health/food-supplements-used-to-gain-muscle-recalled-due-to-serious-health-risk-36684122.html
It was one of these Brendan O'Sullivan was taking.

'A brand of food supplement used to gain muscle or burn fat, made by Falcon Labs, has been recalled due to the serious risk posed to health.

The Food Safety Authority of Ireland (FSAI) said the recall of the brand of supplements, sold in gyms, was ordered after tests found the supplements contained illegal steroids and stimulants that pose a serious health risk to consumers.

Also the location of the production site cannot be determined and traceability of the products is unknown, the watchdog said.

"The FSAI is advising consumers not to purchase or consume any Falcon Labs products as they are unfit for human consumption," the report reads.

It is also instructing distributors, retailers and online sellers to remove these products from sale.'
If you were any use you'd be playing.