All Ireland Football Final 2017 Mayo V Dublin

Started by never kickt a ball, August 27, 2017, 07:24:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

macdanger2

When will the ref be announced? McQuillan presumably?

If not, then Lane? Brannigan?

rosnarun

Quote from: macdanger2 on August 30, 2017, 11:05:12 PM
When will the ref be announced? McQuillan presumably?

If not, then Lane? Brannigan?
did you see that f**ker brannigan trying to break up  the mayo team talk before the brawn game . kick in the hole would be too good for him
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

mrhardyannual

Mayo4Sam14

F*** the hill we should take over the davin make it a sea of green n red
You can forget about Sean Cavanagh as far as he's a man!

larryin89

One of the great sights of all.ireland final day of old, one support on the hill and the other the old canal end. This mixing on the hill is rubbish, I wish they could just divide it properly. Atmosphere suffers.
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Syferus

The lack of crowd division might be the greatest and most powerful symbol of what the GAA is and why it's special among sporting organisations, both in Ireland and worldwide.

Anyone making any case for segregation is talking utter and complete nonsense.

From the Bunker

Quote from: larryin89 on September 02, 2017, 07:44:20 PM
One of the great sights of all.ireland final day of old, one support on the hill and the other the old canal end. This mixing on the hill is rubbish, I wish they could just divide it properly. Atmosphere suffers.

But there is no Canal End anymore! If this was the case there would have to be the toss of a coin as to who would get the Hill. Why should Dublin Get Preference?

Crete Boom

Quote from: Syferus on September 02, 2017, 07:46:43 PM
The lack of crowd division might be the greatest and most powerful symbol of what the GAA is and why it's special among sporting organisations, both in Ireland and worldwide.

Anyone making any case for segregation is talking utter and complete nonsense.

+1

Mayo4Sam

I genuinely believe it's important to have a strong presence on the hill, dilutes the dubs support
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

From the Bunker

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on September 03, 2017, 02:25:52 PM
I genuinely believe it's important to have a strong presence on the hill, dilutes the dubs support

Yes, the first game last year. The Hill had little or no presence. They rectified that the second game.

moysider

There's no doubt that the Hill is a much more intimidating place in a semi when it is practically all Dublin - like 2006 was unreal.

larryin89

Gawd ye talk some shit and why is it everyone around croke park today talks different to ye. Do ye go , do ye represent anyone ? Utter shit talk in here, nobody thinks like ye, I discussed dividing the hill for the football final with several people today and all were agreed .
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Mayo Border

moysider

Quote from: larryin89 on September 04, 2017, 12:33:11 AM
Gawd ye talk some shit and why is it everyone around croke park today talks different to ye. Do ye go , do ye represent anyone ? Utter shit talk in here, nobody thinks like ye, I discussed dividing the hill for the football final with several people today and all were agreed .

Sure it will be divided Larry. The game is won and lost on the pitch though. Remember McDanger kicked that point in 2006 to win into an exclusive Dub hill. Opposition - if they are good enough - can take energy from an atmosphere like that as well. A quietened hill might suck energy from Dubs as well. Dublin in a semi is a much rawer experience than a final when the hill is divided. But it has to be divided for a final for equality.
If anything I have a problem with the ticket allocation, where tickets are distributed nationwide and clubs use them for fundraising by selling lines and raffling them off. Croke Park have no problem with this apparently - even though it is a form of touting imo - because clubs need funds that headquarters don't want to know about.
There was about 40,000 Mayo fans at semi replay and the same for first game. Big numbers in Ennis, Limerick and in CP for Roscommon as well. A lot of these fans haven't a hope of getting a final ticket.

Syferus

Quote from: moysider on September 04, 2017, 01:21:27 AM
Quote from: larryin89 on September 04, 2017, 12:33:11 AM

Sure it will be divided Larry. The game is won and lost on the pitch though. Remember McDanger kicked that point in 2006 to win into an exclusive Dub hill. Opposition - if they are good enough - can take energy from an atmosphere like that as well. A quietened hill might suck energy from Dubs as well. Dublin in a semi is a much rawer experience than a final when the hill is divided. But it has to be divided for a final for equality.
If anything I have a problem with the ticket allocation, where tickets are distributed nationwide and clubs use them for fundraising by selling lines and raffling them off. Croke Park have no problem with this apparently - even though it is a form of touting imo - because clubs need funds that headquarters don't want to know about.
There was about 40,000 Mayo fans at semi replay and the same for first game. Big numbers in Ennis, Limerick and in CP for Roscommon as well. A lot of these fans haven't a hope of getting a final ticket.

It might be for the best if they don't get tickets, Moy.