The Official UFC Thread

Started by RONAN, February 05, 2008, 11:01:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Gs Man

Great headliner in the works for UFC Dublin in August.....Till vs Whittaker.
Keep 'er lit

Medic

Khamzat Chimaev won TWO fights in 10 days in different weight classes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIvs_qXqOWo

What a beast!!!
All Things Dr. Karl Raymond Marx Kennedy  - https://allthingsdockarlkennedy-blog.tumblr.com/

toby47

Can't imagine Chimaev will have fella's queuing up to fight him.

Watched him on Saturday night vs McKee. He's relentless and agressive

Smokin Joe

Quote from: toby47 on July 29, 2020, 10:15:42 AM

His previous fight against John Phillips was a replica, except that it lasted for 7 or 8 minutes from memory.
His dominance on the ground was just unreal in both fights. 
I know the quality isn't anywhere near what Khabib fought, but I thought his top pressure and control was at least as impressive as Khabib.

toby47

Quote from: toby47 on July 29, 2020, 11:46:47 AM
Quote from: Smokin Joe on July 29, 2020, 10:58:35 AM

His previous fight against John Phillips was a replica, except that it lasted for 7 or 8 minutes from memory.
I know the quality isn't anywhere near what Khabib fought, but I thought his top pressure and control was at least as impressive as Khabib.

Any idea when he will fight again?

He said after the fight on Saturday night he would fight in an hours time if anyone else was injured on the card, or that further down the line he would fight twice in one night as its really easy money.

I'd doubt the UFC will keep throwing him fights every week though lol

Smokin Joe

He said after the fight on Saturday night he would fight in an hours time if anyone else was injured on the card, and that he wants to keep fighting quickly again as its really easy money.

I'd say he'll also struggle to get fights.  There's not much upside to a ranked fighter fighting him!!

toby47

Quote from: Smokin Joe on July 29, 2020, 11:55:18 AM

He said after the fight on Saturday night he would fight in an hours time if anyone else was injured on the card, and that he wants to keep fighting quickly again as its really easy money.

I'd say he'll also struggle to get fights.  There's not much upside to a ranked fighter fighting him!!

I was thinking the exact same

Hound

Quote from: toby47 on July 29, 2020, 12:03:07 PM
Quote from: Smokin Joe on July 29, 2020, 11:55:18 AM

I was thinking the exact same
It's not boxing lads, you generally fight who you are told. If you turn it down then you could be waiting a while for your next opportunity and being inactive would see you slide down the rankings. Even champions have been stripped for inactivity on the odd occasion.

The Welsh and Irish lads were a bit lambs to the slaughter for Chimaev, so hard to really judge, although he did seem very impressive. I believe there were no strikes landed on him over the course of the 2 fights! But he'll have tougher challenges ahead for sure.

Medic

Khamzat Chimaev talks new UFC fame, why he wants to 'smash' Conor McGregor | ESPN MMA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrLLXCO53fg

"Tell us about yourself, who are you?"
"I'm the wolf, brader. So hungry. ready to eat everybody, brader!"

He's literary Khabib 2.0

eta: "If he lives up to the hype, they should make him "The Punisher". Any fighter behaving badly gets a date with Khamzat."
All Things Dr. Karl Raymond Marx Kennedy  - https://allthingsdockarlkennedy-blog.tumblr.com/

Medic

lurganblue

Not a chance Khabib made that weight.  UFC pulling a fast one.  Fights all on at reasonable time this evening which is good.

gallsman

Special performance from Khabib. All time great.

Medic

MMA Community React to Khabib announcing his retirement after putting Justin Gaethje to sleep,UFC254

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pbAsr59Jng4

Hound

Just watched the Khabib fight there.

He's just phenomenal, almost unbeatable.
In fairness to McGregor, he put up a better contest than either Poirier or Gaethje, albeit Khabib could fight them all 10 times each and would likely win all 30.

A pity peak Ferguson didn't get to fight Khabib a couple of years ago. I think he would have caused Khabib more problems than any of the others, but I still wouldn't have expected a Khabib loss. Ferguson looked pretty shot last time out though, so it'll be interesting to see if that's a terminal decline or whether he can get back on track.

Seems like McGregor v Poirier could happen in January. Not a huge amount between any of these 4 without Khabib, fights that could go either way, but should all be pretty exciting

bennydorano

Changed times, proper fight this weekend and not a peep