The Sunday Game

Started by Jinxy, May 11, 2008, 10:47:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syferus

Quote from: lenny on August 22, 2017, 08:32:23 AM
Quote from: RedHand88 on August 22, 2017, 08:06:24 AM
Quote from: omagh_gael on August 21, 2017, 09:18:38 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on August 21, 2017, 09:03:40 PM
Agreed. Woeful. Seems a nice enough fella but not good at the commentary at all.

He is a harmless aul soul and seems like a good skin but you want someone that adds meat to the main commentator' s bones. I still think the best football wingman is Kevin McStay, hopefully the Rossies give him the boot.

Anyone else feel cooper is going down the same road? Find him hard to listen to as opposed to o se who I quite like.

I'm the opposite, I find Cooper very good so far. Confident and makes some interesting points. O'se isn't as good as he was when he started. You always feel he's leaving a lot unsaid.

Him kid glove 'interviewing' Fitzmaurice in e VT before the match Sunday was a cringefest. I'd have paid to see them send Brolly down and ask a few questions but getting his bestest mate to softball him meaningless questions was beyond pointless.

The Trap

My god Pat fairly hates Tyrone.....very biased pundit. Glad he got his complete sickener yesterday and hopes he get another one today!

Brick Tamlin

Martin fuckin Carney.
Whyyyyyyy.

Very much so ger

Seany

I actually think Martin Carney is an excellent co commentator. Knows his stuff. Knows the players. Knows the game. What exactly are people looking for in a co commentator?

The Trap

If Martin Carney didn't think the game was going to be like this he hasn't a clue

Esmarelda

Quote from: Seany on August 27, 2017, 04:32:36 PM
I actually think Martin Carney is an excellent co commentator. Knows his stuff. Knows the players. Knows the game. What exactly are people looking for in a co commentator?
He is the worst I've ever heard and today he's worse than usual. He doesn't need to tell us the same thing ten times. We can see that Dublin are dominant and Tyrone are very poor. It's like he's taped himself and it's playing on repeat.

Itchy

Quote from: Esmarelda on August 27, 2017, 04:41:47 PM
He is the worst I've ever heard and today he's worse than usual. He doesn't need to tell us the same thing ten times. We can see that Dublin are dominant and Tyrone are very poor. It's like he's taped himself and it's playing on repeat.

A f**king dose do he is. Best thing RTÉ could do is offer a red button option to mute him.

Seany

Excellent analysis there by Brolly. When he concentrates on the game and not the other nonsense, he's really good.

Owen Brannigan

Quote from: Esmarelda on August 27, 2017, 04:41:47 PM

Still not as bad as Dick Clerkin as co-commentator on SKY.

Carbery

The Sunday Game panel glossed over the Colm Cavanagh incident tonight with Brian McGuigan describing it as "irreverent"
It was a blatant kick to his opponent and a sending off offence.

punt kick

Quote from: Carbery on August 27, 2017, 10:18:44 PM
The Sunday Game panel glossed over the Colm Cavanagh incident tonight with Brian McGuigan describing it as "irreverent"

Agree scummy cowardly attack.

rodney trotter

McGuigan said much the same when donaghy grabbed the Galway full back by the throat.
Just to save Donaghy ,as he has Tyrone blood.

Main Street

I don't mind his analysis except that he talketh way too much, in excess. He would need to cut out 90% of his verbiage before my nerves could chill out. In regards to Martin Carney, the adage "less is more" never rang more true.

cornetto

I didn't see the Sunday game tonight but read elsewhere they signed off with the song,

"TOTAL ECLIPSE OF THE HARTE"

A coincidence or a bit of belly rubbing for mickey Harte for no interviews?

Mayo4Sam

Quote from: Carbery on August 27, 2017, 10:18:44 PM

While at the same time zooming in x1000 to see AOS standing on Donaghys toe as excuse for the puck in the mouth
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me