The Sunday Game

Started by Jinxy, May 11, 2008, 10:47:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jinxy

RTE don't have the 6 nations or premiership soccer anymore so why is their GAA coverage so half-assed?
Look at the attendances and general interest there is in the league.
It seems like a no-brainer to me that they would send out a few more cameras.
It would be easier to make the case that all games should be free-to-air if the RTE coverage wasn't so utterly abject.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Farrandeelin

The only surprise is people here are surprised by RTÉ's shit. As fermgael said this is what would happen if a tiered championship was brought in.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Syferus

Best comeback of the week and probably the year so far not even covered. Nonsense.

From the Bunker

Quote from: Jinxy on February 04, 2018, 11:50:47 PM
RTE don't have the 6 nations or premiership soccer anymore so why is their GAA coverage so half-assed?
Look at the attendances and general interest there is in the league.
It seems like a no-brainer to me that they would send out a few more cameras.
It would be easier to make the case that all games should be free-to-air if the RTE coverage wasn't so utterly abject.

Because RTE piggyback on other organisations cameras for the Premier League, the Six Nations, the Champions League. They don't have to worry about sending out a camera team for an outside broadcast.

Jinxy

Yeah, but they have to pay for the rights.
Has the sports dept. budget been slashed?

armaghniac

it is appropriate to criticise RTÉ. But also to criticise the GAA which takes no interest in coverage of this sort, but views rights as merely a matter of money.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Jinxy

That's a fair point.
Take the money and run.

Syferus

Wold the GAA save money on transaction fees if they got RTE to send the money directly to Dublin GAA?

manfromdelmonte

I thought Moyles was good
I'd have him back
the Gooch can go take a running jump.

seafoid

Quote from: armaghniac on February 05, 2018, 12:23:16 AM
it is appropriate to criticise RTÉ. But also to criticise the GAA which takes no interest in coverage of this sort, but views rights as merely a matter of money.
The GAA is too complacent.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

westbound

Quote from: southtyronegael on February 04, 2018, 11:03:10 PM
piss poor programme. second week in a row they didnt even show the results of the 3 lower divisions.

They ran a little graphic along the bottom at one stage saying "all results available on the rte website". Just as well I had my glasses on or I wouldn't have spotted it!

It's gone beyond a joke at this stage!

thewobbler

f**k here we go again. RTE are shitbags because they won't sent OB units to all 30-odd national league matches. Even when they do, they're still shitbags as they didn't send the 3 camera men, sound man and editor needed to do the game justice. And even when they do that they're still shitbags as their 90 minute show focuses only on scores, and should be a 5 hour show with detailed analysis from properly interesting GAA pundits who have no bias. Oh and don't forget that we, the taxpayer should be able to press a button to swap hurling in front of football and vice versa.

Sky TV charge £35pm for such a service and even at that only make their money out of the English football game's international profile. But let's lose these facts in favour of giving off.

no harm to you but yis are all as f**king mad as batshit upstairs.

WT4E

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on February 05, 2018, 07:59:33 AM
I thought Moyles was good
I'd have him back
the Gooch can go take a running jump.

He's be looking paid for the run and jump though!

seafoid

Quote from: thewobbler on February 05, 2018, 12:02:45 PM
f**k here we go again. RTE are shitbags because they won't sent OB units to all 30-odd national league matches. Even when they do, they're still shitbags as they didn't send the 3 camera men, sound man and editor needed to do the game justice. And even when they do that they're still shitbags as their 90 minute show focuses only on scores, and should be a 5 hour show with detailed analysis from properly interesting GAA pundits who have no bias. Oh and don't forget that we, the taxpayer should be able to press a button to swap hurling in front of football and vice versa.

Sky TV charge £35pm for such a service and even at that only make their money out of the English football game's international profile. But let's lose these facts in favour of giving off.

Good man wobbler.
RTE's budgets have been slashed over the last few years.as well.
And RTE were supposed to anticipate how Ros would play.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

From the Bunker

Quote from: thewobbler on February 05, 2018, 12:02:45 PM

Yeah, a graphic with results and tables of lower divisions cost a fortune! We are not asking them to use CGI. We are not asking them to show all Lower division game either. Just a few here and there. Acknowledge it exists. The national League is only 8 weekends!