The Sunday Game

Started by Jinxy, May 11, 2008, 10:47:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tippabu

I know getting cameras to games and short turnaround to do highlights thats fair enough but for league sunday to not even give a run down of scores nevermind a few comments on anything outside division one is really poor form but expected

From the Bunker

Quote from: tippabu on January 28, 2018, 11:18:38 PM
I know getting cameras to games and short turnaround to do highlights thats fair enough but for league sunday to not even give a run down of scores nevermind a few comments on anything outside division one is really poor form but expected

Total disgrace not giving a run down of results, showing tables and a bit of analysis. 24 other counties totally ignored.

You have to remember that League Sunday is all about who can get within an Arses roar of the ''Special Child'' Dublin. This is deemed to be anyone in Division One. The rest don't matter and they are not even trying to pretend they do anymore. Welcome to corporate Intercounty GAA!

macdanger2

Shite from RTÉ. This is the way it's going with the "super 8s" though

DuffleKing

Quote from: yellowcard on January 28, 2018, 09:38:44 PM
Yet again hurling gets top billing on the highlights show.

Maximises viewing figures across the program length. If the football is on first, they'll lose about 70/80% of the viewership for the second half

mrdeeds

The division 2 3 and 4 results were not mentioned. Disgraceful.

Main Street

Quote from: From the Bunker on January 28, 2018, 11:26:33 PM

Total disgrace not giving a run down of results, showing tables and a bit of analysis. 24 other counties totally ignored.

You have to remember that League Sunday is all about who can get within an Arses roar of the ''Special Child'' Dublin. This is deemed to be anyone in Division One. The rest don't matter and they are not even trying to pretend they do anymore. Welcome to corporate Intercounty GAA!
There's not enough time in the whole evening to show all that and definitely not when there's hurling.
In a fantasy world, RTE could go the whole hog and operate a sports channel. Not only could they do proper justice to a highlights package for both hurling/football/Ladies GAA/underage GAA, but also LOI and a host of other sports in Ireland that hardly ever get tv exposure.
The broadcast units can be outsourced. Just the one truck of equipment can easily provide top class video recording and editing facilities.
And a mini van of equipment would do alright for Div 2, 3 and 4  games.

Throw ball

Linwoods Armagh TV have the full Armagh v Sligo match on Monday night at 9 on armaghgaa.net. Unfortunately I assume you will have to pay to view it. Still I am sure it wouldn't have proved too difficult to get short highlights for a free view programme.

johnneycool

Quote from: yellowcard on January 28, 2018, 09:38:44 PM
Yet again hurling gets top billing on the highlights show.

That's about right, watch the high speed hurling, then onto the more pedestrian football before taking yourself off to bed.

AZOffaly

eir were advertising a highlights show on Wednesday, called league catchup or something. I'm not sure if it will just show highlights from the 4 games they showed, or will it be more extensive than that. TG4, I assume, have their highlights show tonight. RTE have really been missing a trick in not showing a highlights show in midweek, people have been crying out for it for several years now.

square_ball

BBC NI have no bother showing highlights on a Saturday at 5pm of 3pm Irish league matches yet RTE can't do the same even though the highlights aren't aired until 6 hours after the final whistle of NFL matches. I don't imagine it to be very difficult or too costly to do so. It's pathetic coverage.

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: mrdeeds on January 28, 2018, 11:51:39 PM

Was looking forward to even a brief discussion about the results but to not even read through them beggars belief. A new low.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

manfromdelmonte

there's a simple solution
football or hurling highlights programme on sunday night, other code on the Monday. Alternate it each week. include camogie and ladies football

Shamrock Shore

Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on January 29, 2018, 10:45:27 AM

Was looking forward to even a brief discussion about the results but to not even read through them beggars belief. A new low.

Totally agree. #wedoexist

RedHand88

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on January 29, 2018, 10:58:54 AM

It's bad form. There's no reason why they couldn't at least do a brief highlights package the way they so for the first few rounds of the qualifiers in June.

tonto1888

Quote from: RedHand88 on January 29, 2018, 01:31:32 PM
Quote from: Shamrock Shore on January 29, 2018, 10:58:54 AM

It's bad form. There's no reason why they couldn't at least do a brief highlights package the way they so for the first few rounds of the qualifiers in June.

At the very least they should read the results