The Sunday Game

Started by Jinxy, May 11, 2008, 10:47:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jinxy

Have to say I think the new format looks very promising. I'd say Tohill has great fun playing with that virtual computer game! I also like the cut of Coman Goggins jib as an analyst. Safe pair of hands. Hopefully this means we'll be seeing less of that waffler Tommy Lyons.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

dodo

They even got a Kerryman ( Daire Ó Cinnéide) to back the Kingdom for the All-Ireland. Very un-cute Kerry hoor like.  :D

Maguire01

The studio setup is like a dog's dinner. 
It looks like a case of "we've got this technology and we're going to use it", rather than just using it to improve the analysis.  The graphics moving behind Spillane all the time makes it very hard to watch (as if Spillane on his own wasn't enough!), and the 'bird's eye' view of the analysts when they were choosing the man of the match just looked crap.  Also, the most annoying thing if the 'ring tone' that goes off whenever someones name comes up on the screen.

Where it worked = showing the action replays, e.g. the different views for the Westmeath penalty.

gerry

QuoteAlso, the most annoying thing if the 'ring tone' that goes off whenever someones name comes up on the screen.

i fecking hate it.  when they started using it last year, i dropped them a text when a game was live on tv telling them to ease up on their new toy but to no avail.

God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

Bogball XV

thon computer thingy looks the job alright - very good.

balladmaker

At long last, RTE have bowed to public opinion and brought the original Sunday Game theme tune back again.

Jinxy

I preferred last years music to be honest. I'm going to start a "Bring back the old new Sunday Game theme tune" petition.

bigpaul

Thought it was ok ovearall,although that shot from above is a bit much, trying too hard to be in the spaceage!

Donagh

I thought it was awful. Fecking sound effects swhisshing and whoosing every few seconds when they pop up the blindingly obvious and useless stats on screen. Terrible TV3esq shiny sets and silly graphics. And what is going on with the camera angles? If we have to look at the back of anyones head, please let it be that useless annoying fecker Spillane.

Jinxy

Jaysus. Any minute now someone will start a "Bring back the old Sunday Game set" petition.

mylestheslasher

I though the whole set looked rank and 90% of the special effects were stupid and just being smart for the sake of it. The overhead view made me laugh its so ridiculous. Some graphic designer got paid a fortune and ended up making a dogs dinner of the thing. I think RTE need to remember who their customer for GAA is, it aint rugby knobs up in Ballsbridge thats for sure.

donelli

I thought the set was straight out of star trek!!!!
Trekkie fans on here can tell the name of that ship  ;D

The tech bit is a good enough addition to the show. Especially like the dots illustrating the number of steps that westmeath got away with for their goal..

magpie seanie

I would have said overall the show last night was a big improvement on last years rubbish.

AZOffaly

I only caught the last 20 minutes or so, but I'd agree Seanie. I like the set, and I like the new format with Joanne Cantwell and her Andy Gray analyst type up with her on the bar stools. A couple of things were annoying, like the moving squares behind Pat Spillane's head. It was like something out of an old Max Headroom video, or the old Flying Toasters windows screensaver.

In general it looked decent though. I haven't seen Anthony's new computer game gadget yet.

magpie seanie

QuoteA couple of things were annoying, like the moving squares behind Pat Spillane's head

And of course Pat himself. And Kevin McStay on about the best young players in Mayo (and mentioning a Sligo man!).