Mayo manager resigns - for defo.

Started by moysider, August 27, 2018, 12:02:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

moysider

Quote from: Jinxy on August 27, 2018, 11:46:54 PM
Putting McGuinness in charge of that Mayo team would be like Darth Vader taking a team of ewoks.
Everybody loved the ewoks, but who could support a side managed by Darth Vader?
The ewoks would lose a lot of goodwill.

I would have taken a Darth Vader if it meant an AI but too late now. Everybody has a DV in charge now or doing the coaching.
Paddy Tally went to Galway and tried to turn them into Tyrone. Now he is going over to Down to turn them into Tyrone as well. That is 2 of the most aesthetic footballing counties being reduced to blandness.

Apologies to Tyrone. I loved the Tyrone team of the noughties. This team is different and height of respect for them and no problem with what they do. I cant stand though other teams trying to do the same thing and doing it poorly.

moysider

Quote from: Syferus on August 28, 2018, 12:41:32 AM
Quote from: moysider on August 28, 2018, 12:23:10 AM
Quote from: SLIGONIAN on August 28, 2018, 12:12:59 AM
Quote from: sligoman2 on August 27, 2018, 11:42:49 PM
I wonder if Rochford will arise and go to inishfee?

Get away from the mayo quagmire
Visit the Land of hearts desire
Get away from Michael park pricks
Enjoy the scenery in Markievicz

Nuf said....
But our County Board are a much bigger bunch of incompetents than Mayo. Our executive finance commitee isn't nicknamed the army council for nothing.

Seriously, would you want Rochford?
I remember foreigners bleating about how Holmes and Connelly were badly treated in Mayo and did a good job etc. I don't remember other counties falling over themselves signing them up. Why is that?

We had a better duo on hand.

Wha?

Syferus

Quote from: moysider on August 28, 2018, 12:43:30 AM

Nuf said....
But our County Board are a much bigger bunch of incompetents than Mayo. Our executive finance commitee isn't nicknamed the army council for nothing.

I remember foreigners bleating about how Holmes and Connelly were badly treated in Mayo and did a good job etc. I don't remember other counties falling over themselves signing them up. Why is that?

Wha?

...?

moysider

Quote from: Syferus on August 28, 2018, 12:59:48 AM

Nuf said....

Wha?

...?

What better duo did ye have on hand?!

Syferus

Quote from: moysider on August 28, 2018, 01:17:12 AM

Nuf said....

Wha?

...?

The one we chose? :o

weareros

Nuf said....

Wha?

...?

Have you not heard of the dynamic Mayo duo who lost four championship games in one season by massive margins but sure qualified for Super 8s beating Leitrim and Armagh and are now the best in living memory. Could you for the love of God take them back and their PR man Syferus with them.

Syferus

Quote from: weareros on August 28, 2018, 01:27:45 AM

Nuf said....

Wha?

...?

Have you not heard of the dynamic Mayo duo who lost four championship games in one season by massive margins but sure qualified for Super 8s beating Leitrim and Armagh and are now the best in living memory. Could you for the love of God take them back and their PR man Syferus with them.

Actually the duo was McStay and FOD, seems you took that 'stop using facts because they hurt you' line a little too seriously.

moysider

Quote from: Syferus on August 28, 2018, 01:21:05 AM

Nuf said....

Wha?

...?

What about other counties? It's a small country. Holmes managed Mayo in early noughties. Holmes and Connelly won an U21 in 2006. They managed a team to an AI a few years ago. I have never heard of them linked to a job in another county. Why is that. In the years of manager merry-go-round, you would think they would have been in the mix. Johneen Evans and Banty were doing more gigs than Dylan. Why was H&C not out there on the circuit as well if they were held in such high esteem and badly treated in Mayo?

Syferus

Quote from: moysider on August 28, 2018, 01:34:36 AM
Quote from: Syferus on August 28, 2018, 01:21:05 AM

Nuf said....

Wha?

...?

What about other counties? It's a small country. Holmes managed Mayo in early noughties. Holmes and Connelly won an U21 in 2006. They managed a team to an AI a few years ago. I have never heard of them linked to a job in another county. Why is that. In the years of manager merry-go-round, you would think they would have been in the mix. Johneen Evans and Banty were doing more gigs than Dylan. Why was H&C not out there on the circuit as well if they were held in such high esteem and badly treated in Mayo?

You've tried this one a few times but what I don't get where you've dredged the idea they weren't wanted from. They won a Connacht title with Mayo and, like Rochford, took the best team in the country to a replay, and probably should have beaten them on both ocassuons.

Do you think if they were interested that a county like Sligo or Longford or Westmeath would turn them down? Of course not. In fact the only reason that wouldn't happen is if (a) their plans were too costly and the county wanted to cheap out or (b) they were never interested to begin with. Given many managers don't manage outside their home counties it's fair to say (b) explains a lot of the 'conspiracy'.

If Horan was so good why hasn't he copped a new job? Or Jimmy? Or Pillar? Or Jacko? The sword swings both ways.

Hound

Always thought Rochford took far too much stick for changing the keepers in the AI replay. What balls that took.
Because Hennelly made a howler, it'll go down as a de facto poor decision, but you couldn't legislate for that and there was a lot of merit in the choice he made. Clarke had a mediocre day in the final, and Hennelly is, on average, a much better kicker-outer. Clarke's final kickout over the line in 2017 was exactly the type of thing Rochford was trying to avoid in 16 I'd guess.

Personally I would think he'd be well sought after by other counties now.

Nothing from the players yet as far as I know? Any chance they could stick their necks out and ask SR and Mayo CB to have a re-think I wonder. (Especially given the Breaffy invovlement!)

shark

Quote from: larryin89 on August 27, 2018, 09:46:00 PM
Serious money been thrown on Horan now , opened at 7/2 he's gone all the way down to 11/10, just checked gone odds on now , This is a serious gamble . Somebody thinks they know something .

The market is tiny. 200e would have brought those odds in.

highorlow

QuoteNothing from the players yet as far as I know? Any chance they could stick their necks out and ask SR and Mayo CB to have a re-think I wonder. (Especially given the Breaffy invovlement!)

You can't wait can you.
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

larryin89

Quote from: Hound on August 28, 2018, 08:49:27 AM
Always thought Rochford took far too much stick for changing the keepers in the AI replay. What balls that took.
Because Hennelly made a howler, it'll go down as a de facto poor decision, but you couldn't legislate for that and there was a lot of merit in the choice he made. Clarke had a mediocre day in the final, and Hennelly is, on average, a much better kicker-outer. Clarke's final kickout over the line in 2017 was exactly the type of thing Rochford was trying to avoid in 16 I'd guess.

Personally I would think he'd be well sought after by other counties now.

Nothing from the players yet as far as I know? Any chance they could stick their necks out and ask SR and Mayo CB to have a re-think I wonder. (Especially given the Breaffy invovlement!)

Hennelly is a calamity of errors compared to Clarke , that line about kickouts doesn't wash with me , Stephen is hell bent on going offside with selection in big games .  Clarke is mayo number one , don't change your number one for an all Ireland unless it's a forced change .

Can you explain this year's set up by management , unforgivable show in new bridge by management. Straight up wtf you bringing color loftus on with two mins to go when the game is gone from us , a lad who should of started by right .  O donghue , crowe , what did they do wrong ? What was wrong with ger mcdonagh . What's the sceal with having conor o Shea  , Danny Kirby , David Drake hanging around , years and no  positive impact .

I could go on for another while but losing to Galway three years in a row , twice in castlebar, is a fok ing disgrace .

BTW , Stephen resigned . Seems to be lost on the GAA world since the news broke.
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

cjx

Live by the sword die by the sword
Mayo suicide
Get Jack O'Connor
Board tell players to knucle down
play ball and stop the machiavellian  crap