Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cfclg

Quote from: Antrim Coaster on October 02, 2018, 10:21:19 AM
Quote from: whatwillbwillb on October 02, 2018, 05:27:36 AM
Quote from: hardstation on October 01, 2018, 07:20:19 PM
Club delegates were fed a crock of shite on many aspects of this from the beginning. They also opened their mouths wider and allowed themselves to be, refusing to listen to any alternative. Anyone who spoke against it was an anti-GAA "blackguard". That was the term used by the St. Brigid's delegate. You reap what you sow.

I've seen it said on this site many times, same old guard in situ just in different chairs over the last few decades getting a handy wee turn. Things will never improve in Antrim unless the whole house is cleaned out and start afresh with genuine honest people in the correct positions....

Saffron Vision was supposed to be the start of a new era for Antrim GAA. Unfortunately it seems to have gone by the wayside.

It seems that Antrim is one of the few counties who cant seem to get their house in order.

Id say the Casement episode has left a sour taste in everyone's mouth and that is the fault of the Ulster Council who fed the Antrim county board a lot of sweetie mice and attempted to coerce Antrim into signing over Casement Park to the Ulster Council.

The last time we had strong leadership and good governance was when John McSparran was in charge. Been moving from disaster to the next ever since.

Jesusjones

Quote from: cfclg on October 02, 2018, 12:15:08 PM
Club delegates were fed a crock of shite on many aspects of this from the beginning. They also opened their mouths wider and allowed themselves to be, refusing to listen to any alternative. Anyone who spoke against it was an anti-GAA "blackguard". That was the term used by the St. Brigid's delegate. You reap what you sow.

I've seen it said on this site many times, same old guard in situ just in different chairs over the last few decades getting a handy wee turn. Things will never improve in Antrim unless the whole house is cleaned out and start afresh with genuine honest people in the correct positions....

Saffron Vision was supposed to be the start of a new era for Antrim GAA. Unfortunately it seems to have gone by the wayside.

It seems that Antrim is one of the few counties who cant seem to get their house in order.

Id say the Casement episode has left a sour taste in everyone's mouth and that is the fault of the Ulster Council who fed the Antrim county board a lot of sweetie mice and attempted to coerce Antrim into signing over Casement Park to the Ulster Council.

The last time we had strong leadership and good governance was when John McSparran was in charge. Been moving from disaster to the next ever since.

Are you having a laugh? Dunsilly?

cfclg

Quote from: Jesusjones on October 02, 2018, 01:12:51 PM

I thought his tenure wasn't as bad as the last two. Do you think we need a complete overhaul at the top and if so who on earth would want such a task?

Jesusjones

Quote from: cfclg on October 02, 2018, 03:18:08 PM
Quote from: Jesusjones on October 02, 2018, 01:12:51 PM

I thought his tenure wasn't as bad as the last two. Do you think we need a complete overhaul at the top and if so who on earth would want such a task?
I can be corrected but I think it was Dr. John who was at the helm when we bought Dunsilly and what an abject failure that has been. Who would want such a task? It's a big question but from where we sit the only way is up.

Hirty Darry

No response from certain quarters says all you need to know.  Quick to defend when challenged on other recent performances with explanations but I suppose when you can't justify decisions taken its probably best to say nothing. 

NAG1

Quote from: left peg on October 03, 2018, 09:37:05 AM
Quote from: Sleeping giant on October 01, 2018, 03:45:53 PM
So to round of this weekends action.  Dunloy lost because of the weather and loughgiels tactics and the dispute over the dugout and the weather and not being able to hit nice clean ball into there nice wee forwards and the weather and our tactics and it's not there fault that the world domination is on hold for another year.  Here's how i seen it, JC got our game plan bang on, Dunloy lost at there own game, they battered and slapped last year against Cdall in the final and got NMM sent of for hitting back, won a championship. fair play. They battered and slapped yesterday and our lads stayed disciplined and won the game being a bit longer in the tooth.  to start and cry over how the opposition played is simply being a bad looser, end of story. move on

Exactly I was at the Dunloy Slaughtneil match last year and heard the excuses ranging from slaughtneil were too physical we'll be stronger next year. Match shouldn't have been played in owenbeg (probably best surface in Ulster for hurling) slaughtneil have no hurlers they've just big strong men, complete slabbers and probably the worst team to come out of Antrim in the past 4/5 years. I said to my wife on leaving that game that Dunloy wouldn't get out of Antrim this year as they assume they've a god given right that teams will lie down against them. Glad to see them beat and look forward to a slaughtneil v Antrim club Ulster final.

Say what you really feel Left Peg  ;D

belfastsaff

So to round of this weekends action.  Dunloy lost because of the weather and loughgiels tactics and the dispute over the dugout and the weather and not being able to hit nice clean ball into there nice wee forwards and the weather and our tactics and it's not there fault that the world domination is on hold for another year.  Here's how i seen it, JC got our game plan bang on, Dunloy lost at there own game, they battered and slapped last year against Cdall in the final and got NMM sent of for hitting back, won a championship. fair play. They battered and slapped yesterday and our lads stayed disciplined and won the game being a bit longer in the tooth.  to start and cry over how the opposition played is simply being a bad looser, end of story. move on

Exactly I was at the Dunloy Slaughtneil match last year and heard the excuses ranging from slaughtneil were too physical we'll be stronger next year. Match shouldn't have been played in owenbeg (probably best surface in Ulster for hurling) slaughtneil have no hurlers they've just big strong men, complete slabbers and probably the worst team to come out of Antrim in the past 4/5 years. I said to my wife on leaving that game that Dunloy wouldn't get out of Antrim this year as they assume they've a god given right that teams will lie down against them. Glad to see them beat and look forward to a slaughtneil v Antrim club Ulster final.

Deluded.

NAG1

Quote from: belfastsaff on October 03, 2018, 10:09:21 AM

Deluded.

This was my favourite bit  ;D

saffron123

[/quote]

^ Clearly you are a muppet.

Hejustkeepsdroppingballs

'Exactly I was at the Dunloy Slaughtneil match last year and heard the excuses ranging from slaughtneil were too physical we'll be stronger next year. Match shouldn't have been played in owenbeg (probably best surface in Ulster for hurling) slaughtneil have no hurlers they've just big strong men, complete slabbers and probably the worst team to come out of Antrim in the past 4/5 years. I said to my wife on leaving that game that Dunloy wouldn't get out of Antrim this year as they assume they've a god given right that teams will lie down against them. Glad to see them beat and look forward to a slaughtneil v Antrim club Ulster final.'

Little touchy there left peg hopefully your wife will let you out for that Slaughtneil v Antrim club Ulster final

Hejustkeepsdroppingballs

Good luck to her always nice to win ulster titles.... At least one of you do your talking on the pitch then  :-X

Jesusjones

Quote from: left peg on October 03, 2018, 11:39:10 AM
Deluded, now that's something that Dunloy were on Sunday thinking their neighbours would sit back and watch them hurl. The wife might let me out but then again she could be busy winning another Ulster title......

Is she from Slaughtneil?

north_antrim_hound

Deluded, now that's something that Dunloy were on Sunday thinking their neighbours would sit back and watch them hurl. The wife might let me out but then again she could be busy winning another Ulster title......

Due can I have some of whatever your smoking
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

NAG1

Quote from: left peg on October 03, 2018, 12:01:15 PM
Quote from: north_antrim_hound on October 03, 2018, 11:55:54 AM

Due can I have some of whatever your smoking

Not sure who Due is, anyway sorry to disappoint I don't smoke

Not back to this rubbish again  ::)

cfclg

So semi replay is on weekend after next (13/14th). When will final be, two weeks after that (27/28th)?