Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hurlingballs

Cushendall, dunloy ended in a draw. Dunloy must of had plenty of short comings today as there wa plenty of shouting at the ref  ;)

paddyjohn

Quote from: Hurlingballs on July 25, 2018, 10:38:17 PM
Cushendall, dunloy ended in a draw. Dunloy must of had plenty of short comings today as there wa plenty of shouting at the ref  ;)

And he listened to them aswell...

maxpower

Quote from: Hurlingballs on July 25, 2018, 10:38:17 PM

No issue with the referee whatsoever, a lot of the shouting was to draw his attention to the serious amount of off the ball holding going on! Impossible for him to see it, but come championship that won't be an option for teams!

Decent game last night without really sparking into life, both teams will be unhappy not to win.  I'm sure the cushendall men will disagree but I thought in a game where defences dominated our forwards looked that bit more threatening and really should have scored a couple more goals.

St Johns going well this year, not unexpected, they have pushed both Dunloy and Cushendall all the way in recent championships and could be a real threat this year.
What happens next????

Na Glinntí Glasa

no complaints about the ref at all last night. tough game and both physical teams not holding back and hard to see everything going on.

Poor enough performance from both sides shooting a lot of wides, esp at frees. Draw was prob a fair result at the end up.
hurl like f**k boi!

Jesusjones

"Off the ball holding..." Not a complaint you'd hear in Kilkenny or Tipperary very often.

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: Jesusjones on July 26, 2018, 04:25:57 PM
"Off the ball holding..." Not a complaint you'd hear in Kilkenny or Tipperary very often.

Your right
Grabbing other players hurls
Pulling jerseys and slapping seems to be the norm now
Niki Mc keauge would have needed a death certificate to get a free last night
Take a look at saffron Geal report main picture.
Come championship when the ref has more eyes to help him could be more free flowing than last nights slug fest

There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: Dunloy realist on July 26, 2018, 12:57:59 PM
no complaints about the ref at all last night. tough game and both physical teams not holding back and hard to see everything going on.

Poor enough performance from both sides shooting a lot of wides, esp at frees. Draw was prob a fair result at the end up.

Draw was a fair result. Plenty to work on
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

Milltown Row2

I've played many many years at all levels, pulling, hauling and body checking has been going on for years! It seems people would prefer non contact sport..

Funny thing is players will mention 'that won't be a foul at Croke Park at the weekend'! Been a while since we've been to Croker at semi final weekend!

Wasn't a high scoring game, different styles on show, a clash of styles.. the good thing will be both teams should take something from it, a kick up the arse for Dunloy possibly? and a boost to Cushendall.. come championship the league game will be forgotten about should they meet..

How close were both teams to their best? I thought a couple on each side
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

johnnycool

Are the Johnnies the real deal this year and able to go toe to toe with the top three come championship?

johnnycool

This Dall hurler likes a bit of pulling and dragging alright  8)

Vogue Paris no less.

Can't buy that sort of advertisement exposure

Jesusjones

Poor Niki. 
Quote from: north_antrim_hound on July 26, 2018, 10:10:30 PM
Quote from: Jesusjones on July 26, 2018, 04:25:57 PM

Your right
Grabbing other players hurls
Pulling jerseys and slapping seems to be the norm now
Niki Mc keauge would have needed a death certificate to get a free last night
Take a look at saffron Geal report main picture.
Come championship when the ref has more eyes to help him could be more free flowing than last nights slug fest

ciaran1988

St Johns are flying at the minute but they have a hard game versus a Ballycastle team who are also tipping along nicely before they even can think of challenging the big 3. I'd expect a very close game between the two and Ballycastle have the advantage of playing at home first.

paddyjohn

Seemed an interesting few minutes in the Ossians V Tir na og game last!

Last Man

Quote from: paddyjohn on August 02, 2018, 10:54:31 AM
They wouldn't be fans of the ref involved and maybe had a mini meltdown after losing 2 men but thankfully good sense prevailed. Div 2 has been poor this year after a reasonable start.

paddyjohn

Quote from: Last Man on August 02, 2018, 11:20:51 AM
Quote from: paddyjohn on August 02, 2018, 10:54:31 AM
They wouldn't be fans of the ref involved and maybe had a mini meltdown after losing 2 men but thankfully good sense prevailed. Div 2 has been poor this year after a reasonable start.

I wouldn't be one for slagging refs off, but I think quite a few have issues with the ref involved.