The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Jurgen walks - Stallion vindicated

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boycey

I've been at big Champions League games all over Europe and don't think I was ever searched anywhere bar England. European Police can be very heavy handed and treat foreign fans with contempt and herd them like cattle. A couple of times I don't even think I went through a turnstile at any stage.

Rome was one of the worst places, they were horrible snidey fcukers and that was just the police. If anybody you know is going to the away leg  tell them on no account try to get to the ground on their  own there's a bridge to cross outside the ground which is like running the gauntlet, cnuts on wee mopeds trying to slash ur arse with a Stanley knife. Inside the ground they let the Ultras police the curva themselves and all manner of stuff rained down on us, bottles of piss, flares etc and of course there is always an element among the English fans who'll have a go back at which time the riot police waded in and battered anything that moved.

sid waddell

The Liverpool supporter in a critical condition after being attacked is Sean Cox, 53, who is heavily involved with St. Peter's GAA club in Dunboyne - he's a former chairman of the club.

Though presumably we'll have some "edgy" attempts on the part of posters who have vilified Liverpool supporters in the past to label him as a "football hooligan".

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: sid waddell on April 25, 2018, 12:44:35 PM
The Liverpool supporter in a critical condition after being attacked is Sean Cox, 53, who is heavily involved with St. Peter's GAA club in Dunboyne - he's a former chairman of the club.

Though presumably we'll have some "edgy" attempts on the part of posters who have vilified Liverpool supporters in the past to label him as a "football hooligan".

Agreed he's sounds like a real candidate for a underground firm running about looking for trouble. Well done to anyone on here trying to link this man and the clowns who stoned the Man City bus.
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

The Iceman

Liverpool were a joy to watch last night from about 20 mins in until about a minute after Salah went off. The 2 away goals conceded were a dampner but a 7 goal thriller of a game from a fan's perspective we all won.
Gaaboard trip to the Ukraine???
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

laoislad

Quote from: north_antrim_hound on April 25, 2018, 12:54:41 PM

Agreed he's sounds like a real candidate for a underground firm running about looking for trouble. Well done to anyone on here trying to link this man and the clowns who stoned the Man City bus.
Some of the comments I've read on this have been horrendous. I just don't understand people sometimes. Comments like he probably stoned the City bus so this is karma for him to comments like this was paypack for all the Italian fans Liverpool killed so good enough for him. You don't have to look to far either. Some of the comments i read on balls.ie .
I just don't understand the mentality of people who post or think things like that all because this man was a Liverpool fan and they support some other club. FFS this could have been any of us just standing outside a pub waiting to go into a game.
I really hope he pulls through.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: laoislad on April 25, 2018, 01:36:13 PM

Some of the comments I've read on this have been horrendous. I just don't understand people sometimes. Comments like he probably stoned the City bus so this is karma for him to comments like this was paypack for all the Italian fans Liverpool killed so good enough for him. You don't have to look to far either. Some of the comments i read on balls.ie .
I just don't understand the mentality of people who post or think things like that all because this man was a Liverpool fan and they support some other club. FFS this could have been any of us just standing outside a pub waiting to go into a game.

Fairly similar comments posted about the Chelsea fans when they took a trimming in Rome and Barcelona this year. Silly stuff.

I've been to a few Euro aways and the police for example, don't look for the trouble makers, they just wade into with a degree of enjoyment.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Armamike

+1
That's just, like your opinion man.

AZOffaly

In fairness, I don't think the comments here said he probably stoned the city bus. As for Heysel, I haven't seen that here either.

What was said, which is still wrong, is less harsh than that.

As for the comments you are referring to, that is exactly why I hate 'banter'. It's pathetic in my view, and there's always gobshites who take it too far. Every club has them, and I think it's very sad that supposed adults get a horn by baiting other adults into a reaction by making some stupid OTT comment about the club they support. 

Minder

From Dan Roan of bbc, but yeah it's because they bricked the City bus

Seems odd that UEFA is "deeply shocked" at Roma violence at Anfield last night, given their fans stabbed 6 Liverpool supporters in 2001, & then targeted Middlesbrough's fans in 2006, Manchester United's in 2007, Arsenal's in 2009 & Chelsea's last year...when will they act?!
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: AZOffaly on April 25, 2018, 01:47:44 PMEvery club has them, and I think it's very sad that supposed adults get a horn by baiting other adults into a reaction by making some stupid OTT comment about the club they support.

Yep - some strange fellows indeed - one lad on here in particular needs to have a word with himself - this is just the last few months  ::)

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on January 06, 2018, 10:10:49 PM
Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on January 06, 2018, 09:26:59 PM
Quote from: SHEEDY on January 06, 2018, 08:53:30 PM
at least this might keep the racism off the back pages tomorrow guys, every cloud and all that.

You lot should report it. Yis could end up with another community award that delmontes so proud of
how many families evicted by LFC last year?

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on January 21, 2018, 09:46:34 AM
no.

justice for a biting racist

LFC, always classy club

now move on lads, the rs thread is thataway

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on January 21, 2018, 01:03:03 PM
we're just used of seeing the double standards from that club and 'fans' for the last few decades

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on January 22, 2018, 10:24:28 PM
class and dignity from our neighbours again this evening
only club in the premier league not to wear armbands this weekend for the passing of Cyrille Regis

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on January 30, 2018, 07:54:30 AM
Will all LFC games now be finished early for other tv programmes?

I think it should be an option.
Class and dignity as always

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on March 12, 2018, 06:07:33 PM
Class and Dignity FC

everytime

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on March 13, 2018, 08:05:01 AM
Munich chants again outside old trafford

always the victims fc.

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on April 04, 2018, 11:30:44 PM
Class and dignity from Liverpool supporters outside the ground tonight

Why weren't a few scumbags arrested or the riot squad deployed?

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on April 05, 2018, 05:05:17 PM
Of course LFC never said anything two weeks ago when the liverpool supporters first publicized they were going to 'greet' the City bus

Class and dignity fc

Hope LFC get a lengthy ban. Again.

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on April 25, 2018, 08:07:30 AM
What did ye expect when fans organise a stoning of the City bus before the previous game

You don't mess with those Italian ultras

Gabriel_Hurl

Statement from the club

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/announcements/299512-liverpool-fc-statement-april-25

QuoteLiverpool Football Club will continue to work closely with the relevant authorities to establish an understanding of the facts, following a serious and disturbing incident at Anfield last night which has left a 53-year-old supporter in a critical condition in hospital.

The club's first priority is the safety of all fans attending matches.

Supporters attending a game should never be subjected to an environment of violence or attack.

Liverpool would like to thank the emergency services and members of its own supporter base who offered care and treatment to the stricken victim in the immediate aftermath.

The club would again remind anyone who has relevant information that will assist Merseyside Police to make contact via the channels identified by the constabulary.

Gabriel_Hurl

QuoteAlex Oxlade-Chamberlain will miss the World Cup after he suffered a knee ligament injury against Roma, according to Liverpool.

The midfielder had a scan on Wednesday after going down injured early on in Liverpool's 5-2 win over Roma in the first leg of their Champions League semi-final at Anfield.

Liverpool say that his season, both domestically and internationally, is over.

There is no timeframe for his return at this stage.

More to follow...

laoislad

Ox,Can,Lallana and Matip all out. We really are down to the bare bones.
God forbid any more injures or yellow cards in the 2nd leg. TAA, Hendo and Lovern all on a yellow.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.