That's just, like your opinion man.

Denn Forever

I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Hound

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on April 25, 2018, 09:23:05 AM
Quote from: AZOffaly on April 25, 2018, 09:16:35 AM
I think Klopp got complacent at that point. The change there was probably Moreno on the left, and move Mane over to the right.  At worst it should have been Ings in the centre and Firmino on the right.
Yeah, in hindsight that would have been better alright, but in reality, the players coming on need to be of a higher standard than Moreno and Ings.
I would love liverpool to go after that sessengon lad from fulham, he would have been ideal to spring from the bench last night .
The lack of MF cover is also a worry. henderson and milner ran out of steam a bit in the last 10 minutes after putting in a great shift.
While you could argue what substitution could have been made, I don't think it played a part in the comeback. That was down to one horrible error by Lovren.
After that the panic set in, as it does with Liverpool, and we were absolutely dreadful as an entire defensive unit for 5 minutes or so until the second goal came. In fairness, we did re-establish a bit of calmness after the break for the penalty.

Between Mane's first miss and the Roma first goal, we were absolutely excellent. Maybe helped by Roma tactics, but we were good enough to take advantage. Still though, given how bad we can be (particularly Karius and Lovren) the tie is far from won.

Ox's injury leaves us with zero players who I'd be comfortable bringing on from midfield up! Squad is incredibly bare.

I thought Wijnaldum had his best game of the season. The more attacking his role is, the better he plays. 

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: Hound on April 25, 2018, 11:52:58 AM
Quote from: blewuporstuffed on April 25, 2018, 09:23:05 AM
Quote from: AZOffaly on April 25, 2018, 09:16:35 AM
I think Klopp got complacent at that point. The change there was probably Moreno on the left, and move Mane over to the right.  At worst it should have been Ings in the centre and Firmino on the right.
Yeah, in hindsight that would have been better alright, but in reality, the players coming on need to be of a higher standard than Moreno and Ings.
I would love liverpool to go after that sessengon lad from fulham, he would have been ideal to spring from the bench last night .
The lack of MF cover is also a worry. henderson and milner ran out of steam a bit in the last 10 minutes after putting in a great shift.
While you could argue what substitution could have been made, I don't think it played a part in the comeback. That was down to one horrible error by Lovren.
After that the panic set in, as it does with Liverpool, and we were absolutely dreadful as an entire defensive unit for 5 minutes or so until the second goal came. In fairness, we did re-establish a bit of calmness after the break for the penalty.

Between Mane's first miss and the Roma first goal, we were absolutely excellent. Maybe helped by Roma tactics, but we were good enough to take advantage. Still though, given how bad we can be (particularly Karius and Lovren) the tie is far from won.

Ox's injury leaves us with zero players who I'd be comfortable bringing on from midfield up! Squad is incredibly bare.

I thought Wijnaldum had his best game of the season. The more attacking his role is, the better he plays.

This^
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

Avondhu star

Quote from: Armamike on April 25, 2018, 11:30:09 AM
Aye. Cowards is a better label.

Indeed. Even after all the improvements in stadiums, stewarding, policing there is a small core of scumbags attached to many clubs. It used be called the English disease but all over the continent in places like Poland Italy Hungary these so called "Ultras" who, when they behave are seen as providing atmosphere, are acting the bollix and creating threatening environments at games and outside the grounds. What is the point of going to matches if you have to enter an environment of heavy security, searching etc?

From the game view Liverpool are putting down a marker for the next few years. It's a pity Manchester City built up an early lead in the Premiership. I wonder how good they would be going in to the last few games if Salah and the boys were on their heels
Lee Harvey Oswald , your country needs you

Ambrose

Quote from: Avondhu star on April 25, 2018, 12:07:48 PM
Indeed. Even after all the improvements in stadiums, stewarding, policing there is a small core of scumbags attached to many clubs. It used be called the English disease but all over the continent in places like Poland Italy Hungary these so called "Ultras" who, when they behave are seen as providing atmosphere, are acting the bollix and creating threatening environments at games and outside the grounds. What is the point of going to matches if you have to enter an environment of heavy security, searching etc?

You've obviously never been to a European away game where heavy security, searching etc is the norm. Some of it can be quite heavy handed and on almost all occasions totally uncalled for. There are of course exceptions to the norm, Villa Real being one that stands out as being very relaxed, but I find the Spanish police to be as bad and in many case worse than the Italians.
You can't live off history and tradition forever

AZOffaly

Quote from: Ambrose on April 25, 2018, 12:17:40 PM

You've obviously never been to a European away game where heavy security, searching etc is the norm. Some of it can be quite heavy handed and on almost all occasions totally uncalled for. There are of course exceptions to the norm, Villa Real being one that stands out as being very relaxed, but I find the Spanish police to be as bad and in many case worse than the Italians.

I was at a Juve - Real Champions League game in Turin, and the searching was laughable. In the stand the Madrid fans were set up above left of the Juve Curva, where we were, and for most of the game missiles rained down on us, including lit flares. One hit me, burned my jacket and melted the seat it then landed on.

Avondhu star

I have been at games in Hollandi and Poland where policing/stewarding has varied from relaxed to absolute threatening and nearly inviting a violent response.
It's a relief to see how well the Irish get on with the Gardai and stewards in Croke Park. Clones etc and everyone is out for a good day
Lee Harvey Oswald , your country needs you

Ambrose

Quote from: AZOffaly on April 25, 2018, 12:22:52 PM

I was at a Juve - Real Champions League game in Turin, and the searching was laughable. In the stand the Madrid fans were set up above left of the Juve Curva, where we were, and for most of the game missiles rained down on us, including lit flares. One hit me, burned my jacket and melted the seat it then landed on.

Juve fans must have recognised you as one of the Offaly Ultras. Lot of bad blood between the two groups.
You can't live off history and tradition forever

LooseCannon

I hope that the jacket wasn't a good Offaly one, with Carroll Meats on it.

LooseCannon

Quote from: Ambrose on April 25, 2018, 12:29:45 PM

Juve fans must have recognised you as one of the Offaly Ultras. Lot of bad blood between the two groups.
At least we're Faithful, they pay ...

AZOffaly

Quote from: Ambrose on April 25, 2018, 12:29:45 PM

I was in the Curva with the Juve fans. It was the Madristas lobbing the stuff down on top of us.

AZOffaly

Quote from: LooseCannon on April 25, 2018, 12:30:48 PM

I hope that the jacket wasn't a good Offaly one, with Carroll Meats on it.

No, that was robbed off me when my car was stolen in Annacotty. Ach sin scéal eile.

north_antrim_hound

You sure you didn't provoke them by stating " no one on that pitch has the skill sets of John Troy" or " Italian defenders are shite compared to whelahan"
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

blewuporstuffed

I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either