Programme for Malcontents

Started by Pangurban, December 06, 2007, 09:05:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pangurban

I am proud to accept Farrels description of me and people like me as malcontents and backwoodsmen. It was the malcontents and backwoodsmen who created and built this association, and without whom the association could not survive. I propose that we demonstrate this in an effective manner. If the payments of grants is accepted without a proper debate and vote at congress, then we should Farrel and his ilk what a real strike is. Every unpaid Club Official, every volunteer who gives of their time in any capacity, should immediately withdraw their services. Then we will clearly see who is important in the grand scheme of things. I cant see Farrel or any of the other greedy self serving bastards rushing to fill the void. Time for the real elite to stand up and be counted, and fight for their beliefs

pintsofguinness

I don't think a strike would be the way to go about it.

Why should our clubs suffer over greedy dessie?

I'd love nothing more than to see a boycott of county games if the grants go through but it'll never happen.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

saffron sam2

Quote from: pintsofguinness on December 06, 2007, 09:09:29 PM
I don't think a strike would be the way to go about it.

Why should our clubs suffer over greedy dessie?

I'd love nothing more than to see a boycott of county games if the grants go through but it'll never happen.

Spot on pints. Would be ideal, but unlikely to happen.  Perhaps, as a compromise, we could turn up 15 minutes or roll our socks down.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

Armaghtothebone

Quote from: Pangurban on December 06, 2007, 09:05:54 PM
I am proud to accept Farrels description of me and people like me as malcontents and backwoodsmen. It was the malcontents and backwoodsmen who created and built this association, and without whom the association could not survive. I propose that we demonstrate this in an effective manner. If the payments of grants is accepted without a proper debate and vote at congress, then we should Farrel and his ilk what a real strike is. Every unpaid Club Official, every volunteer who gives of their time in any capacity, should immediately withdraw their services. Then we will clearly see who is important in the grand scheme of things. I cant see Farrel or any of the other greedy self serving bastards rushing to fill the void. Time for the real elite to stand up and be counted, and fight for their beliefs

Oh God No Please dont go on strike.The thought of next sumer with no administrators/tea makers/pitch markers/grass cutters is one I just cant face.
GET A LIFE

pintsofguinness

QuoteOh God No Please dont go on strike.The thought of next sumer with no administrators/tea makers/pitch markers/grass cutters is one I just cant face.
GET A LIFE

I think you'll find if there's no administrators/tea makers/pitch markers/grass cutters there's no GAA.

Armaghtothebone

Quote from: pintsofguinness on December 06, 2007, 09:30:04 PM
QuoteOh God No Please dont go on strike.The thought of next sumer with no administrators/tea makers/pitch markers/grass cutters is one I just cant face.
GET A LIFE

I think you'll find if there's no administrators/tea makers/pitch markers/grass cutters there's no GAA.
I cant wait til next summer so i can go to Croker and watch some top quality administrtors in action!!!!

pintsofguinness

Oh dear another one, I see there's no point in talking to you.

Armaghtothebone

Quote from: pintsofguinness on December 06, 2007, 09:35:23 PM

No No lets have a debate

pintsofguinness

What am I suppose to debate with someone who thinks the GAA could survive without the grassroots?

Pangurban

No No lets have a debate, says Armaghtothebone
You would obviously need to learn a lot more about the G.A.A. before you would be capable of making any contribution

orangeman

To the bone is only a young man who is very talented, goes to university and is fortunate to be in that situation - but hold on - he's maybe Dessie in disguise !!!  Out for a quick buck ! :D ;)

deiseach

Quote from: pintsofguinness on December 06, 2007, 09:35:23 PM

Yet you'll try ;)

Flat Hedgehog

What's your agenda Armaghtothebone? Which club are you with? What do you contribute?
Knowledge only brings fear.

john mcgill

Players have the right to withdraw their services if they wish.  However with rights come responsibility  and I see precious little of that being exercised by the GPA.

Also regarding rights as someone who has a modicum of discretion in work, if there is a players strike I will exercise my right to:
Not allow anyone who has gone on strike to enter my establishment
Remove the services in our building, immediately, provided by a member of the executive of the GPA
Refuse to cheer for a striker at a match
Withdraw my £25 per month to the training fund of my county if strikers are involved.
And there maybe more that I can do.
I count myself as a reasonable person and I know plenty more influential people who have more strident views than I have.

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Agreed Pangurban and Johnmcgill, something has to be done!
The more I think about the GPA and the unfolding situation, the angrier I get!  >:(

Without the goodwill of the "People", these county stars wouldn't get the chance to "star" for their counties, infact there would be no GAA.
Tbc....