The Liverpool Joke thread.... let them commence!

Started by Over the Bar, January 10, 2007, 09:35:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: An Fear Rua on January 11, 2007, 03:55:16 PM
is that so, care to elaborate?

You come across as someone who reads the sun and swears its gospel.

Nah. There's too many big words in the Sun for SlimShady.

Aristotle Flynn

I posted an account fom a lad who was there and wrote about it. That's what he recorded that he saw at the time. It was an awful day for anyone who as present.
A tyrant must put on the appearance of uncommon devotion to religion.

J70

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on January 11, 2007, 06:49:15 PM
QuoteYou can't wipe out the history. We are the only fams who'd still be singing after two big defeats like that.

I am not going to get too deep into this arguement, but this sort of sanctimonious shite annoys the feck outta me. Liverpool fans bleeding on about their 'eestory'. They appear to perceive themselves in some higher echelon of supporter from other Clubs. Liverpool bleat on about their trophies, persecution etc, but gloss over the negative aspects of their Club. Too many football and especially Pool fans associate history with winning. That is the bastion of the glory hunter.

As stated elsewhere in this thread, all Clubs have elemants that are a disgrace.

You can't pick and choose which elemants you'd like to remember. Everything that has happened in the past is an ingredient that makes up what a Club is.

True. Liverpool will always carry the shame of Heysel and the hurt of Hillsborough as well as their past success. But a tiny minority of loutish supporters today doesn't define the entire support of Liverpool FC as scumbags or as having a larger hooligan element among their following than other clubs, which is the main point that we've been making and that certain apparently thick-as-plank members cannot seem to grasp or, more likely, refuse to concede.

"Best supporters in the world" crap gets on my nerves too, whether its from Liverpool, Celtic, Ireland or whoever.

Anfield has some great nights, such as the Chelsea semi two years ago, or the generous applause given to Benfica last year, but it can be quiet as anywhere else during league games too.

Aristotle Flynn

As someone said " Why do so many Irish people associate themselves with an English Soccer team?" These are not the nice English tourists we all love but the houligans we all hate! Catch a grip.

Norf Tyrone

Agree with your points J70. Liverpool have had some special nights and, as with most Clubs, it has a small elemant.

However nearly ALL Liverpool fans are guilty of bleeding on about their 'eestory', and it's that I find sanctimonious. Not you of course, as I am nearly a Donegal man myself. NEARLY!
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

J70

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on January 11, 2007, 10:43:18 PM
Agree with your points J70. Liverpool have had some special nights and, as with most Clubs, it has a small elemant.

However nearly ALL Liverpool fans are guilty of bleeding on about their 'eestory', and it's that I find sanctimonious. Not you of course, as I am nearly a Donegal man myself. NEARLY!

In fairness, a lot of the history-quoting stuff is often done in response to gloating from supporters of other teams who delight in Liverpool's recent lack of success, championship-wise, or those trying to denigrate the Champions League win. I'm can see why its annoying, but its just part of the banter of following football.

Where are you from? Strabane area?

Norf Tyrone

QuoteIn fairness, a lot of the history-quoting stuff is often done in response to gloating from supporters of other teams who delight in Liverpool's recent lack of success, championship-wise, or those trying to denigrate the Champions League win. I'm can see why its annoying, but its just part of the banter of following football.

I remember Liverpool at the Bridge last year, and the 'eeestory' banners were en masse, and the songs started at kick off. In addition radio phones in have them in bagfuls. But...I enjoy the football banter myself.

Yip in the Strabane area.

You?
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

J70

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on January 11, 2007, 11:47:15 PM
QuoteIn fairness, a lot of the history-quoting stuff is often done in response to gloating from supporters of other teams who delight in Liverpool's recent lack of success, championship-wise, or those trying to denigrate the Champions League win. I'm can see why its annoying, but its just part of the banter of following football.

I remember Liverpool at the Bridge last year, and the 'eeestory' banners were en masse, and the songs started at kick off. In addition radio phones in have them in bagfuls. But...I enjoy the football banter myself.

Yip in the Strabane area.

You?

Near Donegal Town.

Flat Hedgehog

9 pages of crap! I thought this was a jokes thread!
Knowledge only brings fear.

SlimShady

I think you will find my post regarding the pissing on and kicking/pickpocketing of corpses was an extract of an eyewitness report by A LIVERPOOL FAN.

Are you people all that blinkered? Talk about tunnel vision.

Aristotle Flynn

Funny enoughthe subject of Liverpool fans pickpocketing the dead and pissing on them was discussed on BBC Radio 5 at 8.50 this morning. There's plently of eye wittness accounts to conclude that it did happen. The guy on the radio seemed to be saying they were drunk and didn't realise what they were doing!

SlimShady

ah for f**k sake Aristotle, of course they didn't know what they were doing.

they're the best supporters in the world don't you know and wouldn't be at that lark!!

why are the scousers always picked on? poor them! everyones heart should go out to them for Hillsborough and their hooliganism should be swept under the carpet-its trauma!!

SlimShady

You are a Scouser,
An ugly Scouser,
You're only happy,
On Giro day.
Your mum's out thieving,
Your dad's drug-dealing,
So please don't take my hubcaps away.

;D

SlimShady

You look in the dustbin for something to eat,
You find a dead rat and you think it's a treat,