Would you stay on?

Started by DuffleKing, July 22, 2015, 11:50:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DuffleKing

Jim McCorry was not recommended for a second year by the Down executive on Monday night. He went to the clubs for endorsement anyway and got over the line by two votes.

Would you carry on in that scenario? The key workers around facilitating his work are against him remaining?  Tough station

illdecide

Quote from: DuffleKing on July 22, 2015, 11:50:11 AM

Jim McCorry was not recommended for a second year by the Down executive on Monday night. He went to the clubs for endorsement anyway and got over the line by two votes.

Would you carry on in that scenario? The key workers around facilitating his work are against him remaining?  Tough station

Armagh are insisting on it ;)...only messin.

Knowing the man he will and is. He'll prob make them all eat humble pie
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

ck

If you don't have the support then surely you have to walk... unless he's getting paid? which I assume McCorry is?

T Fearon

Mc Corry is on a loser here,just as Paddy O'Rourke was with Armagh.He will never be fully accepted

snoopdog

Quote from: T Fearon on July 22, 2015, 01:28:16 PM
Mc Corry is on a loser here,just as Paddy O'Rourke was with Armagh.He will never be fully accepted
There is a big difference between McCorry and Paddy O Rourke in terms of managing Armagh and Down. Paddy had no connection with Armagh whatsoever.
Jim has been living in down and involved in Down club football for 20 years, i dont think the Armagh thing comes into it. a very respected man within Down football.
Its just his very very poor championship with down and prob the fact he wouldnt bring the more experienced players back to the fold pre championship. but he snt the 1st man to manage a Down team to lose to mediocrity in the qualifiers, so maybe he does just about deserve another year in which he will have to work miracles to get a 3rd year.

general_lee

I think McCorry is getting a bit of a raw deal. From my limited observations the only thing he's done wrong (apart from Wexford) is too many Kilcoo men on the team and not doing enough to accommodate certain older players. Both easily rectified. I get the impression that some frustrations with other aspects of football in Down are being directed at the senior management.

twohands!!!

Quote from: general_lee on July 22, 2015, 03:07:20 PM
I think McCorry is getting a bit of a raw deal. From my limited observations the only thing he's done wrong (apart from Wexford) is too many Kilcoo men on the team and not doing enough to accommodate certain older players. Both easily rectified. I get the impression that some frustrations with other aspects of football in Down are being directed at the senior management.

That's always going to be the way though.

With such a limited mandate and the executive opposed, I'd definitely be walking. Can anyone point to any GAA county who've had any sort of success when the vibe in the county hasn't been great?

Division 1 in particular is likely to be very challenging for Down next season and if results aren't great, there's bound to be a ton of criticism (justified or not)