Offaly hurling all time low

Started by andyflynn13, February 26, 2011, 09:20:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

andyflynn13

Last weeks game between Offaly and Galway in O'connor park was just terrible i could bearly watch it! We have some good hurlers but theyre just not playing to the full!

seafoid

"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

deiseach

The 70's weren't too hot if their results against Waterford are anything to go by. They lost twice and drew once in three NHL games. To put that into context, we won four and lost three of our matches against Kildare. Then the 80's dawned and Offaly went in one direction while Kildare and Waterford went the other way

seafoid

How did Waherford get so low for so long, Deiseach ? 

deiseach

I don't know. Bad preparation, I think. Things only picked up once Colm Bonnar started working with da kidz

Kevin

The league game v Dublin will be interesting with Dublin making a push at the moment.

Milltown Row2

Was thinking that also! But the Dubs could slip up here. Offaly really need a win but have been pants of late.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

tayto

Offaly gave us a lesson last year, so all to play for.

Bord na Mona man

I wouldn't particularly call it an all time low, since Offaly have been off the pace for a decade now.

Tomorrow against Dublin might be a good barometer as to where they are going this season.
Dublin have made much the better start to year, so Offaly really need to lift it in order to compete.

seafoid

Quote from: Bord na Mona man on March 05, 2011, 07:17:14 PM
I wouldn't particularly call it an all time low, since Offaly have been off the pace for a decade now.

Tomorrow against Dublin might be a good barometer as to where they are going this season.
Dublin have made much the better start to year, so Offaly really need to lift it in order to compete.

Did Hubert and the Pil'tons and Dooleys etc not have a few sons back in the day ?  The genes can't just have disappeared .

orangeman

Shane Dooley seems to have got a bad injury -

Any update AZ ?

AZOffaly

He got 10 stitches on the lug, but no operation or anything like that. He;s back in for a checkup this week. I'd imagine they'll let him miss the next game, and hope he'll be ready for Wexford. They need that badly. Also Waterford are in Tullamore this year I think, so hopefully we might pick it up a bit before then. Looking poor, but sure 'tis only March.

Canalman

Not at an all time low imo, but being compared with a period in Offaly hurling when the county punched way above its weight . Area where hurling played in Offaly is tiny.

orangeman

I watched the Laochra Gael programme yesterday -  Johnny Pilkington has put on a pound or 2.

Jesus, but Offaly had some team back then.

Class hurlers. Not picking anyone out in particular ( but I am ) ,Whelehan was an incredible hurler.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: AZOffaly on March 07, 2011, 05:05:18 PM
He got 10 stitches on the lug, but no operation or anything like that. He;s back in for a checkup this week. I'd imagine they'll let him miss the next game, and hope he'll be ready for Wexford. They need that badly. Also Waterford are in Tullamore this year I think, so hopefully we might pick it up a bit before then. Looking poor, but sure 'tis only March.

surely that lad will get that red card over turned!! Think Dublin would have won the game regardless but Offaly were competitive up to a point yesterday
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea