Quote from: Main Street on May 12, 2019, 02:34:39 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 11, 2019, 11:14:41 PM
Quote from: Main Street on May 11, 2019, 10:54:31 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 11, 2019, 09:54:24 PM
Quote from: Main Street on May 11, 2019, 09:39:27 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 11, 2019, 08:44:52 AM
Quote from: seafoid on May 11, 2019, 04:30:40 AM
This one could go through hundreds of phases

https://www.irishtimes.com/opinion/susan-mckay-public-disquiet-lingered-long-after-belfast-rape-trial-1.3887885

Nope, nothing in that report either.  It will go through as many phases it likes, the guys were acquitted and found not guilty of rape. Guilty of being dicks and having their WhatsApps reported, I'd say there is a lot worse in people's phones who are in much more respected jobs that someone who plays rugby!
The lingering public disquiet mentioned in the article was not about the behavior of rugby d**kheads or whether they were guilty or not, but the harrowing inklings felt about the experience for any woman in such circumstance in open court facing the humiliating ordeal of what passes for process.

The process as you put it has nothing to do with Jackson. Play the ball not the man?
Did I say the process had anything to do with Jackson? quite the opposite.
You are the clown ;D
Good man, personal insults backs up your post, well done
My post doesn't need backing up. You're just too dumb and emotional to comprehend it.

More personal attack's

Ok, indulge me, are you complaining about the court process? It is what it is, if you're interested enough in changing it what methods are available to you to change it?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

seafoid

If the court verdict had closed the issue the IRFU wouldn't have sacked the players.
For better or worse this is a polarising story. Nobody wins.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: seafoid on June 10, 2019, 12:43:51 PM
https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/rugby/paddy-jackson-signing-prompts-serious-concerns-from-club-sponsor-diageo-1.392065

I find it slightly disturbing a company which fuels (by and large) incidents of this nature would have concerns...Maybe it's just me, Diageo create and sell a drug - albeit, a socially accepted and taxable drug. Argh....would they not have been safer just keeping quiet?

Another can of worms.

Rudi

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on June 10, 2019, 01:02:24 PM
https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/rugby/paddy-jackson-signing-prompts-serious-concerns-from-club-sponsor-diageo-1.392065

I find it slightly disturbing a company which fuels (by and large) incidents of this nature would have concerns...Maybe it's just me, Diageo create and sell a drug - albeit, a socially accepted and taxable drug. Argh....would they not have been safer just keeping quiet?

Another can of worms.

It's not just you thought the same. Diageo are taking the populist high ground.

Denn Forever

Could he sue Diagio?  Was he found not guilty or Not Proven?  The Lawyers will be the only winners.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

seafoid

Another can of worms.
Diageo is a business . It has to look after its image.
Paddy brings a certain amount of reputational risk with him
Maybe the club should have spoken to the sponsors before deciding
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: seafoid on June 11, 2019, 12:12:55 PM

Another can of worms.
Diageo is a business . It has to look after its image.
Paddy brings a certain amount of reputational risk with him
Maybe the club should have spoken to the sponsors before deciding

I understand your point - fair enough.
Diageo is a business sure, it sells a product to consumers - the morality of it's product, we could possibly argue about all day but for the sake of this conversation - it's legal.

Maybe we could present Paddy Jackson in a similar way - morality perhaps in doubt, can be argued all day. But for the sake of this conversation, he's legally clear/free/whatever way we want to describe it to continue his rugby career unopposed (?)

Owen Brannigan

Diageo is not a main sponsor of London Irish:

GUINNESS

OFFICIAL BEER OF LONDON IRISH

Guinness continue their proud sponsorship of London Irish, having supported the club since 1992, complementing their strong association with rugby on both a domestic and international scale. Being our longest standing sponsor to date, they are truly a part of the London Irish family and have been supporters of 'The Craic' on matchdays at the Madejski as well as the ever popular Guinness Village on our annual St Patrick's Party Match.

It would appear that they are trying to take the moral high ground by bringing this issue to the fore.

rosnarun

Quote from: Owen Brannigan on June 11, 2019, 03:49:40 PM
Diageo is not a main sponsor of London Irish:

GUINNESS

OFFICIAL BEER OF LONDON IRISH

Guinness continue their proud sponsorship of London Irish, having supported the club since 1992, complementing their strong association with rugby on both a domestic and international scale. Being our longest standing sponsor to date, they are truly a part of the London Irish family and have been supporters of ‘The Craic’ on matchdays at the Madejski as well as the ever popular Guinness Village on our annual St Patrick’s Party Match.

It would appear that they are trying to take the moral high ground by bringing this issue to the fore.
maybe they are pissed off as the lads weren't drinking a Guinness  product on the night  , they want to hold the average of 75% violent occasions in Ireland are caused by people pissed on a Diageo product
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

magpie seanie

Quote from: Denn Forever on June 11, 2019, 11:30:10 AM
Could he sue Diagio?  Was he found not guilty or Not Proven?  The Lawyers will be the only winners.

This just about sums up a lot of the pathetic crap posted on this thread. Poor wee Paddy.

under the bar

So did PJ claim it was too many Guinness that made him  spit-roast the poor girls him and his mates brought back to his house then? :o

Milltown Row2

More like blue WKD's did the trick
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Capt Pat

I considered opening up a new topic for this post but with this topic at the top of the page I decided there was no need.

Messi, Ronaldo and and Neymar are the three highest paid footballers in the world. 2 of the 3 Ronaldo and Neymar have rape acusations pending against them??? That is all. Discuss

Ball Hopper

Quote from: Capt Pat on June 12, 2019, 01:08:10 AM
I considered opening up a new topic for this post but with this topic at the top of the page I decided there was no need.

Messi, Ronaldo and and Neymar are the three highest paid footballers in the world. 2 of the 3 Ronaldo and Neymar have rape acusations pending against them??? That is all. Discuss

So there's something wrong with Messi?