Tyrone stripped of McKenna Cup success

Started by saffron sam2, March 15, 2007, 08:22:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Six Inch Nail

Quote from: DUBSFORSAM1 on March 15, 2007, 10:05:10 AM
Did Mickey Harte not get Ryan McMenamin off a suspension before on a technicality after dropping the knees in the Armagh match so that he would play against Dublin..........now the same technicalities have come back to haunt him....

Good to see a guy who uses the rules when it suits him get done by the same rules when he blatantly tries to ignore them...

Exactly Dubsforsam1.  I used to like Mickey Harte, but after he got McMenamin off with dropping the knees on John McEntee on a technicality I grew to dislike him.  McMenamin was totally innocent becuase the offence was investigated under the wrong rule.  The same goes for the racket with Dublin last year - no accountability, get off with what you can.  As someone else said, what goes around comes around.
Silverbridge Harps GAC, Co. Armagh

supersarsfields

ummm well me thinks the Ricey decision of last time should be remembered alright now. The reason Ricey got of then was because there had been similar cases within other counties ( you know who you are) were the incident was over looked because the ref had dealt with it at the time. Yet the GAA went against this rule to try and ban Ricey but didn't with the other incidents. So Tyrone used these precidents to over turn the suspension. So i'm sure that it wouldn't be hard to get another counties Teamsheet were there was changes and bring It to light to show bias. But what's the point. Like someone said Mickey prob got what he wanted from the McKenna cup so just let it drop now and be the bigger man. When Mickey does leave Tyrone management he won't be remembered for the amount of McKenna cups he won. 

true ulster gael

excellent news
its time the bearded one got what was coming to him
if he was a big enough man he would resign

Over the Bar

Keep the anti-MH and anti-Tyrone sentiment coming lads!   Your seething jealously is making for great reading!  lol!  ;D

Fear ón Srath Bán

Did not realise there were sooooo many GREEN EYED MONSTERS around! How we just love success!  ;D
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

true ulster gael

the replies show how tyrone are trying to destroy the gaa
do they have no shame?

tyroneman

It's laughable the anti-Tyrone bias that's rearing it's head at present.

Lets get one thing straight - MH indicated at the time of the Ricey incident that he would have been perfectly happy to let the suspension stand IF other players had been treated in the same fashion.

The GAA however were happy to ignore other indiscretions and yet punish Ricey for whatever reason.

MH at this point was quite within his rights to ask for parity for his player. you canlt have one rule for Ricey and another for others.

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: tyroneman on March 15, 2007, 01:15:48 PM
It's laughable the anti-Tyrone bias that's rearing it's head at present.

Lets get one thing straight - MH indicated at the time of the Ricey incident that he would have been perfectly happy to let the suspension stand IF other players had been treated in the same fashion.

The GAA however were happy to ignore other indiscretions and yet punish Ricey for whatever reason.

MH at this point was quite within his rights to ask for parity for his player. you canlt have one rule for Ricey and another for others.

Ach, dry your eyes.  ;)
Tbc....

tyroneman

At least it's a blessing that Tyrone have only been stripped of thier title and that the final HAS NOT been awarded to Donegal............is that number 12 and counting???????  :D

Fuzzman

True Ulster Gael

Can you please remove that very offensive picture as it reminds me of the Omagh massacre where my next door neighbour was murdered.

Kerry Mike

Harte is playing this well, he is creating a siege mentality, a nobody-loves-us-but-we-dont-care attitude. He will use that to unify his panel as they have not been producing the results on the field of late.

Never kick a wounded dog, the rest of the counties take note, there will be a backlash come championship time for someone, hopefully not Kerry.
2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

Bensars

I think youve hit the nail on the head Mike.  I hope your right.

MH has always been good at pulling a positive from a negitive situation.

I think this is a blessing in disguise and the kick "up the hole" that mickey harte needed. Intensity has been missing of late, and hopefully now this will be the catalyst to set things rolling

Mike Sheehy

Jesus, if we had known the McGrath cup could be such a motivational tool we would have taken it much more seriously. I hope Pat O'Shea is taking notes.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Kerry Mike on March 15, 2007, 02:01:06 PM
Harte is playing this well, he is creating a siege mentality, a nobody-loves-us-but-we-dont-care attitude. He will use that to unify his panel as they have not been producing the results on the field of late.

Never kick a wounded dog, the rest of the counties take note, there will be a backlash come championship time for someone, hopefully not Kerry.

Ssssssshhhh Kerry Mike, they'll all know!  ;)
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

never kickt a ball

Red Hands to appeal McKenna Cup decision

Mickey Harte
15 March 2007

The Tyrone county board is expected to appeal the Ulster Council's decision to strip them of the McKenna Cup.
The provincial body made the ruling at a meeting on Tuesday night after the Red Hands had breached the Council's rules by fielding two college players
in the McKenna Cup final victory over Donegal last month. Both Damien McCaul (UUJ) and Cathal McCarron (St. Mary's) had been registered with their respective colleges, but they were in the Tyrone starting line-up for the February 17 tie.
Not surprisingly, Tyrone manager Mickey Harte has reacted angrily to the decision which denies the Red Hands their fourth McKenna Cup success on the trot."I think it's a bit sad that this has happened following the contribution we have made to the McKenna Cup over the past five years," he said.
"The breath of life which we breathed into the competition since 2003, and the energy and effort which we always attributed to it, if that's the thanks we get, then it's a bit sad."
Harte has urged his county board to make an immediate appeal to the GAA's Central Appeals Committee in a bid to have the decision overturned.
"I would expect them to appeal this as far as it can be appealed. I believe they will be determined to do that as well," he added.
http://www.hoganstand.com/Tyrone/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=74256