Predict Prelim Q/finals: Kildare/Monaghan, Cork/Ros, Donegal/Tyrone, Galway/Mayo

Started by GAABoardMod5, June 21, 2023, 07:31:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rrhf

Remove half a dozen rules and the game will be referees better. Marks, fisted points black card etc.

Captain Scarlet

On the Kildare forum and lots of moaning. Feck it. Monaghan suffered a few bad calls too and when you mess up so many attacks then look in the mirror first.
them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

seafoid

rosnarun

Quote from: Angus MacGyver on June 26, 2023, 08:02:05 AM
Quote from: Never beat the deeler on June 26, 2023, 04:43:15 AM
I don't understand the confusion on the Roscommon player fouling the ball. You are not allowed to throw the ball in football

QuoteRULE 4 - TECHNICAL FOULS
4.1 To overcarry or overhold the ball.
4.2 (a) To throw the ball.
(b) To handpass the ball without:
(i) It being Fisted
or
(ii) It being struck with an open hand with a
definite underhand striking action.

https://www.gaa.ie/api/pdfs/image/upload/vxpgnvzwyiogaylcqubh.pdf

I've seen people on Twitter saying you throw the ball downwards to hop it. You don't. If you were allowed to throw it up for a bounce, what would stop you throwing it over a players head and running past him, like a quick lineout in rugby.

It was a definite throw. The controversy here is that the call was made in injury time of a knockout game. The irony is that everybody wants consistency in refereeing but most don't want the rules applied against their team in injury time.
is it really consistent when the ruleis roll out once every few years
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

Blowitupref

Quote from: Captain Scarlet on June 26, 2023, 03:36:15 PM
On the Kildare forum and lots of moaning. Feck it. Monaghan suffered a few bad calls too and when you mess up so many attacks then look in the mirror first.

Lost the game with basically the last attack of the match and it was game whereby Kildare had three big goal opportunities, two point blank saves from Beggan and one shot that crashed off the crossbar I think Kildare players and management will look back at that with much regret than what decisions the ref did or didn't do. 
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Rossfan

Quote from: seafoid on June 29, 2023, 10:46:58 AM
Davy Burke interview. He is so enthusiastic about Roscommon. What a fantastic manager.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rIq_p8Btzg&t=5535s
I'm looking forward to him and PaddyJoe getting on the LLS.
Kelty better book an extra hour or two ;D
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM