2016 All Ireland final predictions

Started by Ash Smoker, September 02, 2016, 12:14:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seafoid

It is nice to see the cats being hammered.
.  In an interview after the 2009 All-Ireland triumph against Tipperary, which made Kilkenny the first county in 65 years to record a four-in-a-row, Cody was asked – entirely reasonably – by RTÉ's Marty Morrissey for his views on the controversial late penalty that had turned the match.
The Kilkenny manager replied that you'd be busy if you decided to readjudicate all of the frees in a match. There followed: "Did you think yourself it was a penalty, Marty?"
"I wasn't too sure but it did seem a little bit dodgy in the replay."
"I have no idea, Marty. Did you check all the other frees as well to see were they dodgy? [Uneasy laughter] Maybe you should. Maybe you should."

"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

AZOffaly

I remember that. He made Marty fairly uncomfortable alright.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: seafoid on September 08, 2016, 09:47:24 AM
.  In an interview after the 2009 All-Ireland triumph against Tipperary, which made Kilkenny the first county in 65 years to record a four-in-a-row, Cody was asked – entirely reasonably – by RTÉ's Marty Morrissey for his views on the controversial late penalty that had turned the match.
The Kilkenny manager replied that you'd be busy if you decided to readjudicate all of the frees in a match. There followed: "Did you think yourself it was a penalty, Marty?"
"I have no idea, Marty. Did you check all the other frees as well to see were they dodgy? [Uneasy laughter] Maybe you should. Maybe you should."

a entirely reasonable reply to I would have thought, no?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Owenmoresider

No harm that someone put Morrissey in his place.

ashman

Quote from: AZOffaly on September 08, 2016, 09:55:44 AM
I remember that. He made Marty fairly uncomfortable alright.

Ger lock in the studio after " will someone pick Marty off the ground !!!

Asal Mor

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 08, 2016, 01:39:14 PM

a entirely reasonable reply to I would have thought, no?
I would have said it was reasonable too, until the last couple of years when he started readjudicating frees himself in the media and intimidating refs at the half-time break, when he wasn't pleased with their first half performance(v Galway AIF 2015 & v Waterford AI SF replay this year).

Bord na Mona man

Quote from: Asal Mor on September 11, 2016, 12:04:24 PM
I would have said it was reasonable too, until the last couple of years when he started readjudicating frees himself in the media and intimidating refs at the half-time break, when he wasn't pleased with their first half performance(v Galway AIF 2015 & v Waterford AI SF replay this year).
Cody has always been capable of intimidating refs during games.
Remember vs. Galway in 2004 with Diarmuid Kirwan where Cody basically reffed the game himself from 5 metres inside the sideline.
John McIntyre is also on record as saying that in 2007 when Offaly were surprisingly neck and neck with Kilkenny at half time, Cody and Kilkenny chairman Ned Quinn cornered the ref at the interval and read him the riot act about giving too many frees to Offaly.

Asal Mor

Quote from: Bord na Mona man on September 12, 2016, 04:26:45 PM
Quote from: Asal Mor on September 11, 2016, 12:04:24 PM
Cody has always been capable of intimidating refs during games.
Remember vs. Galway in 2004 with Diarmuid Kirwan where Cody basically reffed the game himself from 5 metres inside the sideline.
John McIntyre is also on record as saying that in 2007 when Offaly were surprisingly neck and neck with Kilkenny at half time, Cody and Kilkenny chairman Ned Quinn cornered the ref at the interval and read him the riot act about giving too many frees to Offaly.
I hadn't heard about '07 but it's a move that has worked for them on a few occasions. Certainly in the '15 final Galway got nothing in the second half, until the last few minutes when the game was done as a contest.
I was drunk in '04. Cody could have actually reffed the game and I wouldn't have noticed.

Asal Mor

Quote from: seafoid on September 12, 2016, 06:42:37 PM
I think he bought a new grudge server this year to store everything in

http://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/gaa/cody-puts-referee-kelly-and-former-kilkenny-greats-in-his-crosshairs-289094.html
I still think Kelly was right to give that free to Tipp. I thought Hogan charged into the Tipp fella.