The DUP thread

Started by armaghniac, December 31, 2022, 05:22:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sportacus

It's Jeffrey versus Dodds.

yellowcard

Quote from: Sportacus on January 22, 2024, 06:18:56 PMIt's Jeffrey versus Dodds.

Looks like Jeffrey finally grew a set of balls today.

Watching the expression of junior sitting behind him today was equally funny yet very telling. He couldn't hide his disdain for Donaldson and I think it's a safe bet that it's him who has been leaking stuff to the media. Pantomime stuff from the DUP. 

trailer

Jeffrey showing the pressure.

Armagh18

seafoid

Brexit is a culture war and the the DUP is a culture war and then the TUV is a culture war against the DUP. It is all so weird.

AustinPowers

So Jeffrey was  threatened , by  an unnamed person(s).  Very convenient  ::)

So now he's  reduced the heat on himself and Colm  Eastwood even coming  out in support of him.

He should have  turned on the tears as well. That   would have  put the tin hat on it

JoG2

Personally Donaldson has wanted to return to Stormont for a long while, but it's not just his call.
The TUV will prosper. UUP -> DUP - > TUV, that's the direction of travel, black, blacker, blackest

RedHand88

Quote from: AustinPowers on January 24, 2024, 06:27:26 PMSo Jeffrey was  threatened , by  an unnamed person(s).  Very convenient  ::)

So now he's  reduced the heat on himself and Colm  Eastwood even coming  out in support of him.

He should have  turned on the tears as well. That   would have  put the tin hat on it

Why do you find it so hard to believe dissident loyalists have been threatening him when you can see it on Twitter every day? Put your biased cynicism to one side and look at it objectively.

johnnycool

Quote from: RedHand88 on January 24, 2024, 07:39:48 PM
Quote from: AustinPowers on January 24, 2024, 06:27:26 PMSo Jeffrey was  threatened , by  an unnamed person(s).  Very convenient  ::)

Why do you find it so hard to believe dissident loyalists have been threatening him when you can see it on Twitter every day? Put your biased cynicism to one side and look at it objectively.

Lie down with dogs and you'll get fleas...

Donaldson as much as anyone gave bin man, LCC and the OO too much credence at the start and led them down a blind alley with his 7 tests stuff.

He'll reap what he sowed.

AustinPowers

I'm sure he  has been abused and threatened on Twitter/Facebook etc, just like every other  politician.  It comes with the territory. (That  doesn't mean i think it's right btw)

But   why bring it up  now though?

His party has refused  to sit in Stormont for near  2 years , and   suddenly he delivers this emotive  speech, just as  he's under  the most pressure  he's  probably ever been, with    tens of thousands of workers on his back.

Seems a bit  too convenient  to me.

Armagh18

Quote from: AustinPowers on January 24, 2024, 09:48:57 PM

I'm sure he  has been abused and threatened on Twitter/Facebook etc, just like every other  politician.  It comes with the territory. (That  doesn't mean i think it's right btw)

But   why bring it up  now though?

His party has refused  to sit in Stormont for near  2 years , and   suddenly he delivers this emotive  speech, just as  he's under  the most pressure  he's  probably ever been, with    tens of thousands of workers on his back.

Seems a bit  too convenient  to me.
Yeah. 0 sympathy for him.

imtommygunn

He and his cronies have legitimised some fairly dubious voices. I still would say he was probably threatened. Horrible man but definitely between a rock and a hard place too.

Tony Baloney

He seems to have been comfort eating too.

tbrick18

Threatened by an unknown person who, when he checked hadn't voted!
How can he check if someone voted? I thought that was anonymous?
Can't be an unknown person if he knows them!

Whole thing is a deflection....ironic give  he said he wouldn't be deflected.

No sympathy for him, I don't condone threats, I mean the situation he and the dup are in. Its self made and we are all suffering for their party politics.

Armagh18

Quote from: tbrick18 on January 25, 2024, 08:28:04 AM

Threatened by an unknown person who, when he checked hadn't voted!
How can he check if someone voted? I thought that was anonymous?
Can't be an unknown person if he knows them!

Whole thing is a deflection....ironic give  he said he wouldn't be deflected.

No sympathy for him, I don't condone threats, I mean the situation he and the dup are in. Its self made and we are all suffering for their party politics.
Think most parties have a list of eligible voters and tick it off on election day when they see the person at voting stations.