The DUP thread

Started by armaghniac, December 31, 2022, 05:22:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nanderson

Quote from: bennydorano on January 19, 2024, 08:56:47 PMA f**king TUV Party Political broadcast was on straight after the BBCNI news tonight, WTF was that about? Thought they were only allowed on when elections were imminent. Seemed very odd to me, haven't seen any other party's recently 🤔
I'm pretty sure i've seen that one before. TUV have contacts in BBC now so i'd say big Jim dipped into the petty cash to get it pushed on at prime time after the news broke this morning

Eire90

no decision what a joke i knew it was all pantomine shame on media for giving them publicity

Eire90

The media should have said aye your having a wee meeting are you  ok f off

RedHand88

Quote from: bennydorano on January 19, 2024, 08:56:47 PMA f**king TUV Party Political broadcast was on straight after the BBCNI news tonight, WTF was that about? Thought they were only allowed on when elections were imminent. Seemed very odd to me, haven't seen any other party's recently 🤔

But did you watch it? Christ I laughed. Fantastic photoshop skills with the North turning into a tricolour.

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

marty34

It was poor quality stuff. Not very slick.

How do they get a party political broadcast on at this time of year?

Seems wee Jeff hasn't got enough support.

NAG1

Quote from: marty34 on January 19, 2024, 10:45:18 PMIt was poor quality stuff. Not very slick.

How do they get a party political broadcast on at this time of year?

Seems wee Jeff hasn't got enough support.

Must have been a lot of arm bending over the weekend, from what I have seen and read it is very close within the party. Hilary Benn's contribution in the HoC the other day will have made them sit up and think (if that is possible) new government same position.

Applesisapples

Jon Tonge, who is an expert on the DUP has basically said a DUP faction is aligning with the TUV and Bryson followers to stop the DUP going into power sharing. Debunking Sam McBrides contention that the DUP decision is not about a SF First Minister. That is exactly what it is about. Time for Nationalists to give up on Stormont.

yellowcard

Quote from: Applesisapples on January 22, 2024, 11:45:35 AMJon Tonge, who is an expert on the DUP has basically said a DUP faction is aligning with the TUV and Bryson followers to stop the DUP going into power sharing. Debunking Sam McBrides contention that the DUP decision is not about a SF First Minister. That is exactly what it is about. Time for Nationalists to give up on Stormont.

Of course it is about a SF first minister, at least for some within the party. Note their MPs didn't withdraw their services from Westminster.

Getting sick and weary of the column inches and round the clock media coverage given over to the DUP circus, if you came down from Mars you would think that nobody else existed in this place. 

marty34

Quote from: Applesisapples on January 22, 2024, 11:45:35 AMJon Tonge, who is an expert on the DUP has basically said a DUP faction is aligning with the TUV and Bryson followers to stop the DUP going into power sharing. Debunking Sam McBrides contention that the DUP decision is not about a SF First Minister. That is exactly what it is about. Time for Nationalists to give up on Stormont.

Mc Bride's article was pure waffle.

Saying it was nothing to do with a SF, nationalist republican woman as head of the north.

The DUP could have penned the article.  Doing the bidding for the DUP.

Everybody knows that's the reason for it.

johnnycool

A lot of questions asked about how the shock Jock was able to call into his own show with a bit of gossip that probably derailed wee Jeffreys attempt to push through a return to Stormont.

Shock Jock as been replaced by Holly Hamilton the last few weeks allegedly but was well enough to call in with his  wee titbit

bogball88

Quote from: johnnycool on January 22, 2024, 03:22:24 PMA lot of questions asked about how the shock Jock was able to call into his own show with a bit of gossip that probably derailed wee Jeffreys attempt to push through a return to Stormont.

Shock Jock as been replaced by Holly Hamilton the last few weeks allegedly but was well enough to call in with his  wee titbit

I think he was on holidays in the States

johnnycool

Quote from: bogball88 on January 22, 2024, 03:40:06 PM
Quote from: johnnycool on January 22, 2024, 03:22:24 PMA lot of questions asked about how the shock Jock was able to call into his own show with a bit of gossip that probably derailed wee Jeffreys attempt to push through a return to Stormont.

Minimum 5 hours behind, so the shock jock got out of his bed at 4 or 5 in the morning to scupper Donaldsons attempt to get Stormont up and running...

Donaldson needs to grow a set all the same, but the amplification of a minority of hardliners by Nolan isn't helping.

NAG1

Quote from: johnnycool on January 22, 2024, 03:48:49 PM
Quote from: bogball88 on January 22, 2024, 03:40:06 PM

Minimum 5 hours behind, so the shock jock got out of his bed at 4 or 5 in the morning to scupper Donaldsons attempt to get Stormont up and running...

Donaldson needs to grow a set all the same, but the amplification of a minority of hardliners by Nolan isn't helping.

How he is getting away with this on license fee payers money is unbelievable. It must go right to the top in BBC NI but then when you see who is leading it there would be no surprise there.

imtommygunn

Would the Good Friday Agreement have happened with Nolan about?

I don't think so... This stuff further highlights it. Things being even slightly harmonious doesn't suit people like this.